• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

if you want to nit pick something, concentrate on Karen (who looks like Olive O from the Robin Williams Popeye Movie). The costume works fine

Really? I thought Karen was great. Decent acting and just... :luhv:

I had a harder time embracing Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin with his gravely "I'm Christian Bale as Batman" voice.

I think I'm on episode 7 or 8. Not sure. watching them in pairs. Have to agree about Donofrio's Kingpin. Too much struggle when he speaks. The girl who plays Karen is giving me fits. In one shot she is very attractive. In others, she looks like a heroin addict. (shrug)

The guy at the end of the Stick episode. Is he the blind martial arts guy from Iron Fist? I can't think of his name.

That's what my husband said, he thinks they fix her up in some episodes and not in others. She just looks like a generic tall thin blonde to me. I keep focussing on the mole on her face and wonder if she should have it looked at.

I love D'onofrio's performance, it's nuanced and I think Vanessa is perfectly evil...but our favorite was Wesley. He could be Loki's evil twin.

My wife keeps saying the same thing. I keep wondering if that mole tasts like strawberries. I bet it does.

It's funny, I've always thought of the Kingpin more of a Daredevil nemesis than a Spider-Man nemesis. (shrug)

I've always gone back and forth who is Daredevil's arch enemy - Kingpin or Bullseye. :juggle:

How much of the ASM run have you read? From like 50-110 or so Kingpin was a huge Spidey Villain. He might have even been the biggest in that run until Green Goblin threw that blond off the bridge.

A lot of the stories were sort of corny though. He became a MUCH more compelling Daredevil villain.

I've wished for years someone would tell a darker Spidey book. I think it'd be great to see Spidey on the streets dealing with street level thugs in the same vain as DD. They sort of headed that direction with Marvel Knights Spider-Man but quickly abandoned ship.

He was a villain in ASM for sure, but I wouldn't put him on the same level as Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin or Venom as far as a Spider-Man nemesis. I feel like he was much more of a significant villain in Daredevil.

But, I haven't read a lot of early ASM so (shrug)

Once I finished the series there was an empty feeling knowing there's no more episodes to look forward to. About to start my 2nd time through, and there will surely be a 3rd and a 4th.

How much of the ASM run have you read? From like 50-110 or so Kingpin was a huge Spidey Villain. He might have even been the biggest in that run until Green Goblin threw that blond off the bridge.

A lot of the stories were sort of corny though. He became a MUCH more compelling Daredevil villain.

I've wished for years someone would tell a darker Spidey book. I think it'd be great to see Spidey on the streets dealing with street level thugs in the same vain as DD. They sort of headed that direction with Marvel Knights Spider-Man but quickly abandoned ship.

Ditko did quite a bit of that when he was developing the title.

Issues 10, 23, 26, 27 and 30 come to mind.

And Spidey was constantly interrupting robberies and such during those first 38 issues.

Watched the final episode tonight. One thing I smiled at was...

The final jump off the building...that pose was pure Miller. Just fantastic!

I can't wait for Season Two!

I noticed that too and pointed it out to the wife.

How would a second series fit in with the plans for the other the series and the Defenders I wonder?

I liked it, more of a real-world costume... the other option is something that's skin tight. He needs protection. You saw what happens without a (proper)costume on this show with its realistic violence. As DD fans we are used to the tights but I think this is a good compromise. Perhaps they will tweak it a little and make it more form fitting.

Tension was built up so nicely in the first 2/3rds of the episodes. And then it was like someone let the air out of the balloon and the last few episodes didn't have the same feel.

I still loved it overall, but I'm going to take my 9/10 rating (after watching the 1st 8 episodes), down to a 7.5/10 rating overall.

Like most posters, I actually liked the black costume better than the final red costume. Hopefully they will tweak it a little more before DD's next appearance.

Surprisingly, Wesley might have been my favorite character in the series. Really well done character. Has he ever been part of the comic?

Surprisingly, Wesley might have been my favorite character in the series. Really well done character. Has he ever been part of the comic?

Oh yes. Exactly how the show portrayed him. The right-hand reliable...always hanging back after everyone else has left for special instructions.

All the characters were spot-on perfect, IMHO. I loved the final confrontation in the last episode as well.

None of you guys are mentioning his red costume.

Ugh, that thing looks like it was designed by a blind guy.

439265_o.gif

Finished over the weekend.

Kingpin voice/acting felt a little forced at times but overall I would give it an A-.

Very good, brutal series. (thumbs u

Edited by Rip

Finished over the weekend.

Kingpin voice/acting felt a little forced at times but overall I would give it an A-.

Very good, brutal series. (thumbs u

I finished as well. And also thought D'Onofrio's voice sounded too forced. Overall a good job by him though.

I generally liked the new costume, but the mask looks strange. This suit seems far more functional than most others, but the visual design of the mask needs some work.