• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

No human being is capable of fine tuning to the level the grading companies are attempting without error. It wouldn't be so bad if buyers were not paying the huge difference in price between these 'grades'.

I'm not so sure anymore. As F_T once said, he regrades his own books and gets all the same grades. Generally, me too. So I'm not sure why the inconsistency.

I will concur that the SAME person can be consistent, however, we are dealing with different graders. Though, in theory, these graders are using a 'standard' set of parameters, I think the standards are still open to the interpretation of the individual graders. Not radically, but just enough to cause +1/-1 situation. Maybe CGC should lock in their graders to long term contracts for consistency, like they do in sports.

Former cgc 7.5 from last years comicconnect, now a 8.0

I like it better in the cgc slab

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=650280

Belongs to a boardie.

The story on that one was a cover stain in the CGC notes that made it a 7.5. Cracked open and guess what, no stains on either sides of the front and back cover. Pages were OW on the outer parts but whiter towards the inner= ow/w.

It was originally purchased from a drug store in Pleasant Lake, IN. Stuck in a box, dragged through college, and someone told the OO that bought it off the rack that it may be worth something. He contacted Rob at CC and he told him how to get it graded. That was the 7.5 sale about a year ago. It's an 8.0. It's a solid book with no chipping and NO STAINS. That's the only book I ever had resubbed because it was that obvious it was undergraded.

Edited by passion4comics

Belongs to a boardie.

The story on that one was a cover stain in the CGC notes that made it a 7.5. Cracked open and guess what, no stains on either sides of the front and back cover. Pages were OW on the outer parts but whiter towards the inner= ow/w.

It was originally purchased from a drug store in Pleasant Lake, IN. Stuck in a box, dragged through college, and someone told the OO that bought it off the rack that it may be worth something. He contacted Rob at CC and he told him how to get it graded. That was the 7.5 sale about a year ago. It's an 8.0. It's a solid book with no chipping and NO STAINS. That's the only book I ever had resubbed because it was that obvious it was undergraded.

But why the resub with CBCS as opposed to CGC? If the book was obviously mis-graded take a chance and get it re-slabbed. I do not understand why not go with CGC again however. If CBCS generally realizes lower prices the CGC 8.0 is going to be worth more $$$. So when you sell it as a CBCS 8.0 and get the same price as a CGC 7.5 was the second grading worth it.

Belongs to a boardie.

But why the resub with CBCS as opposed to CGC? If the book was obviously mis-graded take a chance and get it re-slabbed. I do not understand why not go with CGC again however. If CBCS generally realizes lower prices the CGC 8.0 is going to be worth more $$$. So when you sell it as a CBCS 8.0 and get the same price as a CGC 7.5 was the second grading worth it.

If I gave my list of reasons I would be blocked for a week. It's a solid book in hand.

Belongs to a boardie.

If I gave my list of reasons I would be blocked for a week. It's a solid book in hand.

Used to happen to me a lot, but then I started taking ... Wait, what are we talking about? hm

Anybody remember the last time a 9.4 came up for auction ? Heritage gonna be interesting.

Is one going up for auction soon?

CGC 9.4 ow :o

http://comics.ha.com/itm/miscellaneous//p/7124-99002.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515

Pretty heavy foxing on both edges for a 9.4...

I have seen 7.0's with better looking covers...

on the right of the front cover at the level of one of the buildings at the level of spideys left leg, when looked at full size it appears that there is a 3/4" tear in the cover don't know if it my computer what do others see.........nice looking book just the same