• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tempers and Ego's

179 posts in this topic

I'm getting tired of all the pointless stupidity that happens here. Other than the sales threads, any general conversation here always seems to go into some stupid tangent brought on by someone with an ego problem. The thread then goes off topic and doesn't seem to recover. The "modern/copper books heating up on ebay" are a good example of this. Most of the conversation is not about that topic anymore, it's people arguing. I did not click on that thread to read arguments, I clicked to see what is heating up on ebay.

Everyone needs to take just a second and think "Is this post really necessary or am I going to instigate problems?" before posting. That should help alleviate problems.

The same could be said for talking out of one's bunghole. That often leads to unneeded conflict, both in correcting the incorrect information, and the ensuing butthurt of the correctee.

I'm getting tired of all the pointless stupidity that happens here. Other than the sales threads, any general conversation here always seems to go into some stupid tangent brought on by someone with an ego problem. The thread then goes off topic and doesn't seem to recover. The "modern/copper books heating up on ebay" are a good example of this. Most of the conversation is not about that topic anymore, it's people arguing. I did not click on that thread to read arguments, I clicked to see what is heating up on ebay.

For the most part, it's pretty easy to let things go. But, there are some people here that are hilariously obsessed with always being right and always "winning" an argument - that when combined with a well-established attitude of person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed-baggery, a guy has gotta use the ol' Ignore feature.

The same could be said for talking out of one's bunghole. That often leads to unneeded conflict, both in correcting the incorrect information, and the ensuing butthurt of the correctee.

…and I would agree with this statement as well.

You are referring to yesterday's thread "issue". I usually have a policy of not speaking on a subject unless I know what I'm talking about 100%, it works great for me since I'm in a sales job. In the thread yesterday, I paraphrased something on the CGC website and one boardie was quick to say I was completely wrong because of one word, that really didn't matter. I still got the same point across.

The main point of it was that this is not my work…this is an internet message board. If I use one wrong word here, it does not result in thousands of dollars being lost to my company. It results in people being butthurt over proper grammar…and I don't know about anyone else, but if I had to spend my off time correcting everyone's grammar online, I'd put a bullet my head. Other than the one word, any sensible person could still understand what I said without making a big deal over it.

So like I said in my other post, we should really think about what we are about to post before posting it. Does it really matter at all?

You are referring to yesterday's thread "issue". I usually have a policy of not speaking on a subject unless I know what I'm talking about 100%, it works great for me since I'm in a sales job. In the thread yesterday, I paraphrased something on the CGC website and one boardie was quick to say I was completely wrong because of one word, that really didn't matter. I still got the same point across.

The main point of it was that this is not my work…this is an internet message board. If I use one wrong word here, it does not result in thousands of dollars being lost to my company. It results in people being butthurt over proper grammar…and I don't know about anyone else, but if I had to spend my off time correcting everyone's grammar online, I'd put a bullet my head. Other than the one word, any sensible person could still understand what I said without making a big deal over it.

So like I said in my other post, we should really think about what we are about to post before posting it. Does it really matter at all?

Does this post count? :whistle:

Sort of off-topic but in line with the idea that we're all just nerds here...

I've been made fun of by Magic players at Comic Shops for looking at comics while they are playing with the cards... I always just ignore them, and just think to myself "Nerd on nerd crime is not cool!!!".....

Does this post count? :whistle:

Depends if it matters to you or not. It does to me. If it does not matter to you, then ignore it and go about your day.