• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,622 posts in this topic

Name: Tristan Daniel Esteph  Ebay user:  rage-joh . His ebay store is called : Tristan´s Comics Galore

Won two auction and didn´t paid . He sent me a message after Ebay cancelled the order telling me that he was going to pay monday. I relisted the items, today is tuesday and still no payment so i just added this user to my blocked list

Someone at IG told me that this user is know for bad behavior

Edited by Mijael.Levy

No specific name to add today (so far!) but it is becoming ever clearer that people are simply getting stupider. Reading comprehension is at an all time low. These people make me insane!

Ok, venting over

Fair warning to others who are thinking about bidding on any comics from this guy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176383127000?itmmeta=01HY5Y9SGWZP7JCGFTKAMWPDJY&hash=item291140edd8:g:sPQAAOSwjQllNbVD&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwKGhJ15UQk5kNGbRI%2FlkjrfajEmMuFJg5I%2BT8lBvnqmIsPM93HghoctKPjT06v8h6jHbTk6qJj4Tcsy9AnJjWGeEPMQQT1OtG4GKlXcZG0tFpF7nWY%2BGSJpRfYFCOwiyXCP6IOY4PMZGM9A8BMG5Iv5xkLDcat%2FtcxGm3K3cjQkxuT61wyJV60H0nMACgXY4yUJsFhp5tksArjQWkS8ypgUbcmD%2FbBgUpeW%2BFBXagJ3KZdpiTpEu1lPLsQdAL8qt8g%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8aYp77xYw

1.     No prior comic sales, just things like seeds and arts and crafts
    2.    A buy it now link in the description that takes you to something that doesn't even seem like a legitimate ebay store, especially considering the http address.  Which is also illegal on Ebay by the way because it bypasses their checkout system.  
    3.    A collection that would NOT be in a pawn shop in BFE in a town in California I've never even heard of before.  Maybe that famous shop on tv in Las Vegas.  But even then that's iffy
    4.    I have seen these buy it now separately things before in other categories and they have all turned out to be fraudulent. (Rare Tiffany pieces like lamps, giant vintage cereal box collections etc).  They use the same buy it now fraudulent link kind of thing.
    5.    No consistency with his photos' backgrounds when there actually *are* backgrounds.
    6.    I know of a guy who has actually dealt with the person claiming to have these.  He thinks they only have the photos.   He used PayPal to buy a 4k comic off of him on a web site that was REALLY hard to find.  The guy cancelled the order and said (Even though we all know PayPal supplies this) the shipping address wasn't there.  Instead of asking the guy what it is he cancelled the whole order, then tried to take like 20% instead of giving him his whole refund back, saying those were fees he had to pay.  The buyer ended up having to go through the PayPal dispute and literally say the item hadn't arrived (A credit refund dispute did NOT work and he had to end up calling!) to get his remaining 20% back.

Overall, I personally would not trust this seller.  I could be wrong and he could just have a collection of all collections in the middle of nowhere after selling nothing even remotely similar (Look at their feedback ratings of what they have sold) and just be really dumb because he keeps trying to break all the rules of selling.  But, for me, my spidey-sense is tingling big time.

Hopefully I am wrong for the sake of those who are trying to bid.  That's all I can say...you've been warned.

On 5/18/2024 at 8:40 AM, CGCCollector1 said:

Fair warning to others who are thinking about bidding on any comics from this guy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176383127000?itmmeta=01HY5Y9SGWZP7JCGFTKAMWPDJY&hash=item291140edd8:g:sPQAAOSwjQllNbVD&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwKGhJ15UQk5kNGbRI%2FlkjrfajEmMuFJg5I%2BT8lBvnqmIsPM93HghoctKPjT06v8h6jHbTk6qJj4Tcsy9AnJjWGeEPMQQT1OtG4GKlXcZG0tFpF7nWY%2BGSJpRfYFCOwiyXCP6IOY4PMZGM9A8BMG5Iv5xkLDcat%2FtcxGm3K3cjQkxuT61wyJV60H0nMACgXY4yUJsFhp5tksArjQWkS8ypgUbcmD%2FbBgUpeW%2BFBXagJ3KZdpiTpEu1lPLsQdAL8qt8g%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8aYp77xYw

2.    A buy it now link in the description that takes you to something that doesn't even seem like a legitimate ebay store, especially considering the http address.  Which is also illegal on Ebay by the way because it bypasses their checkout system.  
    3.    A collection that would NOT be in a pawn shop in BFE in a town in California I've never even heard of before.  Maybe that famous shop on tv in Las Vegas.  But even then that's iffy
    4.    I have seen these buy it now separately things before in other categories and they have all turned out to be fraudulent. (Rare Tiffany pieces like lamps, giant vintage cereal box collections etc).  They use the same buy it now fraudulent link kind of thing.
    5.    No consistency with his photos' backgrounds when there actually *are* backgrounds.
    6.    I know of a guy who has actually dealt with the person claiming to have these.  He thinks they only have the photos.   He used PayPal to buy a 4k comic off of him on a web site that was REALLY hard to find.  The guy cancelled the order and said (Even though we all know PayPal supplies this) the shipping address wasn't there.  Instead of asking the guy what it is he cancelled the whole order, then tried to take like 20% instead of giving him his whole refund back, saying those were fees he had to pay.  The buyer ended up having to go through the PayPal dispute and literally say the item hadn't arrived (A credit refund dispute did NOT work and he had to end up calling!) to get his remaining 20% back.

Overall, I personally would not trust this seller.  I could be wrong and he could just have a collection of all collections in the middle of nowhere after selling nothing even remotely similar (Look at their feedback ratings of what they have sold) and just be really dumb because he keeps trying to break all the rules of selling.  But, for me, my spidey-sense is tingling big time.

Hopefully I am wrong for the sake of those who are trying to bid.  That's all I can say...you've been warned.

That's the same seller listing an ASM Mark Jewelers 9.8 that is on the fraud list...see the scam thread for info

On 5/18/2024 at 6:40 AM, CGCCollector1 said:

A couple of days ago this seller put up an ASM 300 9.8 for sale. I looked up the certification number and the book he was selling was not the book pictured on CGC.  I believe he removed the auction, someone probably called him on it.  

On 5/19/2024 at 9:16 AM, Miketimus_Prime said:

A couple of days ago this seller put up an ASM 300 9.8 for sale. I looked up the certification number and the book he was selling was not the book pictured on CGC.  I believe he removed the auction, someone probably called him on it.  

All of their ads disappeared, not just ended early. Like gone from existence. eBay got involved. 

On 4/17/2024 at 11:13 AM, trademarkcomics said:

Here is one of my trouble children who just popped up again today.

The thing is, he makes reasonable offers. But, I have had so many issues with him returning, canceling, backcharging cards(after shipment!!!), eBay deregistering him and canceling the sale(after shipment!!!). He lives in the Phillipines and uses a reshipper out of Illinois(This is how I spot him when he starts up a new ID). I've talked to him a bunch of times. He's the nicest guy in his messages and some of the sales have actually stuck, he's just trouble. I ban anyone with 0 feedback from either Des Plaines or Arlington Heights Illinois.

Aliases:

Mike Mandas, Mixali Mantis

The IDs he's used so far:  jitsrun56mixmav0, mjerro_30, mjinsert_6rarepric49revelatio-18

New ID for this guy: jitsrl-06. New alias for this ID: "EMMANUELS ANGELS"

User: terrysakunta

Buyer made a low offer on a $350 item. I countered at $300, and buyer countered back at the exact low offer they initially made. While annoying, this wouldn't necessarily be enough for me to block them outright. But in my research on the buyer, it looks like they're using a re-shipping service to re-ship items they buy to China, and then leaving negative feedback if the re-shipping doesn't go well...

On 5/21/2024 at 7:20 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

User: terrysakunta

Buyer made a low offer on a $350 item. I countered at $300, and buyer countered back at the exact low offer they initially made. While annoying, this wouldn't necessarily be enough for me to block them outright. But in my research on the buyer, it looks like they're using a re-shipping service to re-ship items they buy to China, and then leaving negative feedback if the re-shipping doesn't go well...

On 5/22/2024 at 5:40 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Not sure I follow this one. A buyer offered $350 for an item you have for sale and you countered at $300? You want less for your item?

Does the comma help?

Buyer made a low offer, on a $350 item.

Poster countered at $300 and etc 

Poster doesn't say what the low offer amount was, only the list price that was $350 (starting price) and the counter offer.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/20/2024 at 11:34 PM, Motor City Rob said:

User:  twan5555

Requested a return after receiving the book because they "found a better price". I know ebay allows this, but not the kind of buyer I want looking at my books. 

twan should only purchase "stuff" on Amazon.

On 5/22/2024 at 5:40 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Not sure I follow this one. A buyer offered $350 for an item you have for sale and you countered at $300? You want less for your item?

No, the item is $350. They offered $200. I countered at $300 and they re-countered at $200 again (which is sort of a jerk move in my opinion). But then when I saw how they were receiving items through a re-shipper - which I think is actually against eBay's TOS - and leaving bad feedback after the fact, I figured I definitely don't want to do business with them.

On 5/20/2024 at 3:22 PM, trademarkcomics said:

New ID for this guy: jitsrl-06. New alias for this ID: "EMMANUELS ANGELS"

Invalid User or User not found.

ScreenShot2024-05-22at7_09_22PM.thumb.png.0134621d804f2ad98282111c9a283889.png

I tried capitalizing the first letter, it still comes up as invalid. I guess he already changed his username, again.....

ScreenShot2024-05-22at7_08_33PM.thumb.png.a747b4836f5defe028c136625a30850d.png