• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

thenandnowcomics

I sold a marvel tales 106 for £49, buyer said the back cover was dirty and there was a small stain somewhere. He continued to say, I filtered the images, and purposely hid this from the listing. I scan the front and back of my comics the same way I do every time, I never try to hide anything, why would I, I don't want hassles of returns. I think he just changed mind, but wanted to get free return shipping.

I sent him a message stating I always scan the same way, never try to hide anything and if there was a stain, then I must of missed it and asked for picture of stain, which he said he sent, but only sent me two pictures from my own listing, which I told him ebay can see. He called me a liar and said I was filtering the image or hiding this stain and would not accept that if it is there, that it's possible I just missed it, but wont have it for some reason.

He's very rude and can't accept there was a possible error on my end, as I would always mention stains, writing, foxing, tears, tanning etc, I was happy to have it back, just don't like being called dishonest, which I think he is, all because I did not give bigger discount to begin with, I already knocked almost 20% off.

Anyway, I asked him for pics again and try to say I might of missed it, but he just left a neg after two messages on ebay in the space of a couple of hours, no proper communication or compromise. 

I graded it VF-, same as it was in it's slab about 2-3 years ago, but was badly damaged case so it was taken out :-(

On 7/19/2021 at 2:01 PM, herc2000 said:

thenandnowcomics

I sold a marvel tales 106 for £49, buyer said the back cover was dirty and there was a small stain somewhere. He continued to say, I filtered the images, and purposely hid this from the listing. I scan the front and back of my comics the same way I do every time, I never try to hide anything, why would I, I don't want hassles of returns. I think he just changed mind, but wanted to get free return shipping.

I sent him a message stating I always scan the same way, never try to hide anything and if there was a stain, then I must of missed it and asked for picture of stain, which he said he sent, but only sent me two pictures from my own listing, which I told him ebay can see. He called me a liar and said I was filtering the image or hiding this stain and would not accept that if it is there, that it's possible I just missed it, but wont have it for some reason.

He's very rude and can't accept there was a possible error on my end, as I would always mention stains, writing, foxing, tears, tanning etc, I was happy to have it back, just don't like being called dishonest, which I think he is, all because I did not give bigger discount to begin with, I already knocked almost 20% off.

Anyway, I asked him for pics again and try to say I might of missed it, but he just left a neg after two messages on ebay in the space of a couple of hours, no proper communication or compromise. 

I graded it VF-, same as it was in it's slab about 2-3 years ago, but was badly damaged case so it was taken out :-(

Yikes. This buyer sounds like a nightmare.

On 7/11/2021 at 2:39 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Easy fix, dont give partial refunds!  Which last time I checked you can't anymore under eBay Managed Payments.

I agree. Stop the partial refunds. I've been on Managed Payments for about a year now and partial refunds are definitely still allowed. The only time I will ever do this is when someone buys multiples items and pays before I can send a combined shipping invoice. Amazes me how many buyers pay ridiculous shipping charges without even saying a word, even though all my items state that I combine shipping and to wait for a combined invoice if purchasing multiple items. I always message them to let them know that I'm giving them some money back and they are always pleasantly surprised...most becoming buyers for life.

On 7/20/2021 at 7:45 AM, Motor City Rob said:

I agree. Stop the partial refunds. I've been on Managed Payments for about a year now and partial refunds are definitely still allowed. The only time I will ever do this is when someone buys multiples items and pays before I can send a combined shipping invoice. Amazes me how many buyers pay ridiculous shipping charges without even saying a word, even though all my items state that I combine shipping and to wait for a combined invoice if purchasing multiple items. I always message them to let them know that I'm giving them some money back and they are always pleasantly surprised...most becoming buyers for life.

Exactly - that is the only time I will do a partial refund.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:45 AM, Motor City Rob said:

Update.  I talked to a eBay rep last week and they said you can click on the dropdown to "refund' a buyer before you ship an item, once you ship it you cant they said. Only way after that is the buyer must open up a Return and then they added back the "partial" refund option again.  I tried and they are correct so far at least on my end.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:01 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Update.  I talked to a eBay rep last week and they said you can click on the dropdown to "refund' a buyer before you ship an item, once you ship it you cant they said. Only way after that is the buyer must open up a Return and then they added back the "partial" refund option again.  I tried and they are correct so far at least on my end.

Well that's good news, so no more "refunds" or partials unless a "return is initiated...

I had several fishing for something or partial, but it resolved before that point.

On 7/20/2021 at 12:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well that's good news, so no more "refunds" or partials unless a "return is initiated...

I had several fishing for something or partial, but it resolved before that point.

Yes, but also you can do partials refunds or refunds before you ship your order out.  Once you pay for the shipping label you cant unless the buyer opens up a return case.  

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 7/22/2021 at 8:05 AM, FlyingDonut said:

Rude, abusive, and stupid buyer. Block this guy or you will absolutely regret it: Johdiaku-0

Possible spelling error FD? When I attempt to add him to my list I get "Invalid User or User not found."

On 7/22/2021 at 8:51 AM, Pontoon said:

Possible spelling error FD? When I attempt to add him to my list I get "Invalid User or User not found."

sorry - try with a lower case "j": johdiaku-0

You should add chrihu-87 to the bad seller list. Bought 2 comics from him and both had obvious color touch which was not mentioned (the color bled at certain points to the back of the front cover and spine). I had actually e-mailed him after buying to make sure they were not restored. He did not respond to my e-mail. That should have been a clue.

That is the last time I buy higher grade keys on ebay.

I got 2 in a row!

Add neilpaul05 to the list. I bought a low grade Tales to astonish #44 from him and it turns out there was glue on the spine (which was not mentioned). To me it is obvious as you could not pull the cover all the way back from the 1st page when opening the book. I sent him an e-mail about it and he was rude and nasty and said I don't know what I am talking about. I opened a case to return it.

Been a fun week with uninformed cheap rude buyers. Here's a fun one to block: nat35ttu-2

I love receiving nasty passive-aggressive feedback. The 500 character rule gives clowns like this guy a lot of latitude.

Edited by FlyingDonut