• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2021 at 1:26 PM, benny275 said:

As far as I know I haven't been blocked by anyone, but this makes me wonder if it's an inevitably. I frequently request more information/pics about the book I'm interested and would probably ask for more pics of a case if I felt the pictures available were inadequate.

Is that really considered a red flag by sellers? I've never returned an item and have only sent one message noting that a book was poorly secured, so I don't think my additional questions are indicative of how much of a pain in the I am. Is that the impression I'm giving though? Thoughts?

You have to remember we are selling comic books not the slab. The book inside is what is being sold. Third party grading was born after eBay as a solution to buyers and sellers disputing over opinions that would lead to a dead deal. A scratch or defect in the plastic slab doesn’t necessarily change the grade. The fact that some make it a point to grade the slab above and beyond what’s actually being sold is pathetic. In fact you can easily find fault in any CGC slab. Some will ask for partial refunds as mentioned above simply due to a blemish and I’m sure it’s part of their playbook and I’m guessing many sellers cave in and pay the ransom to move on. Also as I’m sure you are aware, taking pics of a slabbed book can be challenging at times due to glare and reflections. It’s hard to tell if it’s a defect on the book or the slab. I get slabs right out the box from CGC, sure I could $hip it back and add to the time, but I’m usually wanting to keep the wheels of progress in motion. So yes when I see a message like the one I got, i much rather not get involved. Now if he never contacted me but later had an issue, I have my account set up automatically take the returns no questions asked. 

On 8/6/2021 at 11:26 AM, Junkdrawer said:

You have to remember we are selling comic books not the slab. The book inside is what is being sold. Third party grading was born after eBay as a solution to buyers and sellers disputing over opinions that would lead to a dead deal. A scratch or defect in the plastic slab doesn’t necessarily change the grade. The fact that some make it a point to grade the slab above and beyond what’s actually being sold is pathetic. In fact you can easily find fault in any CGC slab. Some will ask for partial refunds as mentioned above simply due to a blemish and I’m sure it’s part of their playbook and I’m guessing many sellers cave in and pay the ransom to move on. Also as I’m sure you are aware, taking pics of a slabbed book can be challenging at times due to glare and reflections. It’s hard to tell if it’s a defect on the book or the slab. I get slabs right out the box from CGC, sure I could $hip it back and add to the time, but I’m usually wanting to keep the wheels of progress in motion. So yes when I see a message like the one I got, i much rather not get involved. Now if he never contacted me but later had an issue, I have my account set up automatically take the returns no questions asked. 

Yeah that makes sense to me. I really only ask questions about raw comics and would only ask questions about the book in the slab not the slab itself (I wasn't really clear about that), but I get how even that can be a challenge like you said. At any rate, it hasn't really been much of a problem buying slabs anyway.

I appreciate the clarification!

Feel free to ad this clown : rihir-74

I sent him a couple of books  , the package is in customs and i he just sent me this:

Dear comicscauldron,

At this time I am going to ask for a refund for the two weeks items. I have not received them when I was told they would be here and now I have learned that customs has flagged the items meaning that they have probably been handled roughly and mistreated and possibly ruined. Also it will take up to 30 days to clear customs if it even does Lease if you can refund my money ASAP I would appreciate. Thanks

- rihir-74

On 8/5/2021 at 10:29 AM, FlyingDonut said:

Stupid noob buyers. Clueless d-bags who go directly to negs. Nope: crsosn_0

I had the same thing just happen, called eBay and in 2 seconds negative feedback was gone.  

Honestly I will give eBay credit since 2018 they have never sided with the buyer in the few cases or issues I had.  I calmly call ebay and then just block the buyer.  

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 8/5/2021 at 6:58 PM, rjpb said:

So back at the end of May I win an item on ebay for around $50 or so. I buy a lot of stuff, so I didn't notice I hadn't gotten it until nearly two weeks later, and sure enough the sale had been cancelled and I'd been refunded shortly after the auction ended. Normally I'd just let it go, but I noticed the same item had been sold a week later by the same seller as a BIN for around $120. I looked up the reason for cancelling, and the seller had chosen "problem with buyer's address" which I knew was B.S. I still considered letting it go, but was in a mood and left negative feedback. Within minutes the seller buys a $6 item from me (the cheapest I have available), before I had gotten around to blocking him, which I probably should have done first. I send the buyer a message asking if the purchase was made in order to leave retaliatory feedback, and they respond with "I look forward to receiving it."

I mail the item, probably not what they expected, and figure they'll either want to return or just leave some sort of negative feedback for no reason whatsoever. Well, the 60 day window passed, and nothing. Maybe they thought better of playing games after cooling off, I don't know. 

IMO you learned a lesson on eBay of what I liked to call the "dont bother," as it's just not worth the potential drama on a retaliation back at you.  I have had people admit to me they planned out a one year later revenge buy just to leave negative feedback and ruin someone's rating and/or item.  Which is crazy, but none the less that is what they did!

While in a perfect world one should be able to leave negative feedback when warranted and not have any clap backs. However since we live in the real eBay world I just look at it this way.  As long as I get my money refunded as a buyer, and my item returned back safely as a seller I just  block them or never buy from them again and move on.  Life is just easier that way.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:43 PM, FlyingDonut said:

yes, always with the buyer. Someone asks me about the condition of a CGC case? Nope.

Really?  I can’t ask if the case is free of unsightly scratches?  Seems a fair question. :baiting:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 8/6/2021 at 8:54 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Really?  I can’t ask if the case is free of unsightly scratches?  Seems a fair question. :baiting:

I have full size 300 DPI scans. Every person who asks this kind of question - EVERY ONE - hasn't clicked through.

On 8/6/2021 at 10:50 PM, FlyingDonut said:

I have full size 300 DPI scans. Every person who asks this kind of question - EVERY ONE - hasn't clicked through.

So you said the slabs were scratch free, and nothing?

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 8/6/2021 at 10:57 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

So you said the slabs were scratch free, and nothing?

Are you just being difficult for the sake of being difficult?

On 8/6/2021 at 11:06 PM, FlyingDonut said:

I haven’t sold slabs in a while...and was actually curious.  I was being “difficult” because it was you.:foryou:

On 8/6/2021 at 10:09 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 8/6/2021 at 10:06 PM, FlyingDonut said:

I haven’t sold slabs in a while...and was actually curious.  I was being “difficult” because it was you.:foryou:

1900758623_200w(4).gif.902c234c6aee9bb0dceba0050c8b7aab.gif

On 8/6/2021 at 1:30 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

Feel free to ad this clown : rihir-74

I sent him a couple of books  , the package is in customs and i he just sent me this:

Dear comicscauldron,

At this time I am going to ask for a refund for the two weeks items. I have not received them when I was told they would be here and now I have learned that customs has flagged the items meaning that they have probably been handled roughly and mistreated and possibly ruined. Also it will take up to 30 days to clear customs if it even does Lease if you can refund my money ASAP I would appreciate. Thanks

- rihir-74

If this is an eBay sale do not refund them take the small ding by having eBay force a refund from you.

I had a Canadian buyer do similar to me and cost me 2k as they scammed a “damaged package” Canadian post takes 90 days to get back obviously eBay gives 30 days I called multiple times and they told me do this and that…. When it came time and Canadian post said yeah buyer is lying eBay was like ops you refunded them sorry our support was wrong you needed us to force the refund then your protected.

lesson I learned on eBay is  never ship international outside of eBay international program. As when they broke off PayPal they killed a lot of seller protections for sellers using any post not eBay.. go figure right.

If this is a private selling and PayPal was used force PayPal to take the money do not refund willingly give it. Once it ships and is delivered to back to visa/PayPal etc with the proof it’s delivered no issues and force a payment which they will do.

Hope that helps :) if you didn’t already know it.

On 8/6/2021 at 11:26 AM, Junkdrawer said:

The fact that some make it a point to grade the slab above and beyond what’s actually being sold is pathetic.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.

For some, the slab's condition may not factor into the decision to buy or not. For others, however, it's a big part of that decision. What we (buyers/sellers) have to remember is that there are 2 kinds of collectors we're generally dealing with here ... comic collectors and comics-in-a-slab collectors. For those latter collectors, the condition of the slab is very important.

This might sound weird to some people, but I'm a member of both collecting groups. There are titles that I collect all raw, but there are also titles that I prefer to have all slabbed ... and those slabs must be, to quote CGC, "crystal-clear" and "ideal for visual display". I know what I like, and I know what I don't like ... and I'm not a fan of spending money on something that I don't like. I've never sent or asked for a partial refund. I feel like if you ask for a partial refund, you're 'settling'. If you're not happy with your purchase, you should return it. Asking for a partial refund is like saying, "I wouldn't have bought this if I had known about ____, but if you throw me a few bucks I'll settle and keep it." I will generally ask about the slab, itself, before spending my money. If I'm told that there are no smudges, for example, and when I receive it, it's covered in smudges, it gets returned in a heartbeat. If I neglect to ask questions, and it arrives covered in smudges, I keep it ...  my fault for not asking.

I agree with you about the difficulty you have when scanning some of these slabs. All the more reason to ask questions, I feel.

All this said, of course you have the right to your opinion and the way you run your business. I just felt the need to point out that others have a differing opinion, and that to some, the condition of the case is not "pathetic".

As a seller on eBay, I just make sure to look over the slab's condition when posting pics and I make sure to mention any problems with the slab in my listing description.

Then if someone purchases a slab where the listing description mentions said flaws in the slab - I make sure to message the buyer and get an acknowledgement from them before I ship it out.

It's probably not the perfect way, but I see it as a way to help myself out in case the buyer tries to scam me for slab imperfections/ partial refunds once they get the book in hand.

eBay usually ALWAYS sides with the buyer, so sellers must protect themselves in any way they can.

I only ship books $1500 or under to Canada with FedEx.  FedEx is the only option that offers signature confirmation, I believe.  someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.  USPS DOES NOT offer signature confirmation with international shipments.  I also send cheap slabs to Canada in the $20 - $250 range with USPS First Class and MAKE SURE to purchase 3rd party shipping insurance in case there are problems. 

Add greenscreen90 - from a friend of mine: "He bought a book. 30 days go by and he sends me a note that I sent him a different book. He sends photos where he clearly rolled the spine. But insists I am calling him a liar. Offer full refund with return of item if it’s within the window. All of a sudden it’s about “the principle”. Threatens to neg me. So I invite him to and tell him I will respond in kind. So he gives me a neutral instead"

On 8/7/2021 at 9:11 AM, Smushi said:

If this is an eBay sale do not refund them take the small ding by having eBay force a refund from you.

I had a Canadian buyer do similar to me and cost me 2k as they scammed a “damaged package” Canadian post takes 90 days to get back obviously eBay gives 30 days I called multiple times and they told me do this and that…. When it came time and Canadian post said yeah buyer is lying eBay was like ops you refunded them sorry our support was wrong you needed us to force the refund then your protected.

lesson I learned on eBay is  never ship international outside of eBay international program. As when they broke off PayPal they killed a lot of seller protections for sellers using any post not eBay.. go figure right.

If this is a private selling and PayPal was used force PayPal to take the money do not refund willingly give it. Once it ships and is delivered to back to visa/PayPal etc with the proof it’s delivered no issues and force a payment which they will do.

Hope that helps :) if you didn’t already know it.

Its from Ebay of course these bad buyers come from Ebay. I want him to open a case Since its in customs Ebay will give me more time and when it gets released they will close the case and i hope they will not allow him to open a new case because of the "ruined books" . If the package gets released by customs before he opens a case i will be in trouble because what he really wants is a return and he will damage my books

Edited by Mijael.Levy