• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2021 at 2:10 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

They listed it as the 1st print , but it was a 2nd print. I looked over the picture and knew what I was bidding on. 

Glad all of your dealing with them went smoothly.  

Don't know why they wanted to act this way with me. Guess they just assumed I really was one of those only looking for a $0.99 win. Maybe they were just having a bad day. 

Still with the messages I received and no attempt to offer a resolution, but instead act this this was only due to error ( after the fact) Does not garner any good will.  

Had they just messaged and been upfront that they didn't want to sell it for the $0.99 plus shipping and there was an error that this was the second print, I would have been happy to try to work out a deal as I did bid more on the book.

Only reason I originally responded to his message with the would he honor the original winning bid was due to them saying it was only cancelled due to the error (which the messages right after show when they state , " I will not sell this for $1" 

I didn't really expect them to sell it for that. I just do not like the usage of it was an error rather than the truth of no one else bid and it sold too cheap. I would have respected the honesty and at least made an offer of what my max bid on that specific copy was ($42.88) Which this is also the first time I stated what my max bid was. 

I was thinking this would be fair and if I had won I was looking at other books, but after that communication. No thank you. 

All I can say is I try to be fair with everyone buying and selling.  I know I do not have the numbers they do on ebay, but I have over 2700 positive feedback 100% on my ebay. I have sold on may different platforms and a TON more private sales/trades. Including several private sales here on the boards. Both @Cpt Kirk and @Iconic1scan verify how I conduct myself.  

@onlyweaknesskryptonite has been nothing but awesome to buy from.  He always ships quickly and has bulletproof packing.  On top of that, he has found some outrageously rare stuff for me and I can only describe him as a "gentleman and good friend".   You won't go wrong dealing with him.   And my feedback rating on ebay (kwticknor4b21) since 1996 has been more than 1300 transactions (I've only received positive feedback and I've never left a negative).

On 8/1/2021 at 1:10 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

They listed it as the 1st print , but it was a 2nd print. I looked over the picture and knew what I was bidding on. 

Glad all of your dealing with them went smoothly.  

Don't know why they wanted to act this way with me. Guess they just assumed I really was one of those only looking for a $0.99 win. Maybe they were just having a bad day. 

Still with the messages I received and no attempt to offer a resolution, but instead act this this was only due to error ( after the fact) Does not garner any good will.  

Had they just messaged and been upfront that they didn't want to sell it for the $0.99 plus shipping and there was an error that this was the second print, I would have been happy to try to work out a deal as I did bid more on the book.

Only reason I originally responded to his message with the would he honor the original winning bid was due to them saying it was only cancelled due to the error (which the messages right after show when they state , " I will not sell this for $1" 

I didn't really expect them to sell it for that. I just do not like the usage of it was an error rather than the truth of no one else bid and it sold too cheap. I would have respected the honesty and at least made an offer of what my max bid on that specific copy was ($42.88) Which this is also the first time I stated what my max bid was. 

I was thinking this would be fair and if I had won I was looking at other books, but after that communication. No thank you. 

All I can say is I try to be fair with everyone buying and selling.  I know I do not have the numbers they do on ebay, but I have over 2700 positive feedback 100% on my ebay. I have sold on may different platforms and a TON more private sales/trades. Including several private sales here on the boards. Both @Cpt Kirk and @Iconic1scan verify how I conduct myself.  

I originally bought from @onlyweaknesskryptoniteon eBay before meeting here on the forums.  I have since bought multiple books from him here and have always been happy.  He has always been fair with me on pricing and is always 100% spot on when it comes to either describing the condition of a book, or sending as many pictures as anyone could ever want to help make a decision.  I also agree with @Cpt Kirk that his packing is always bullet-proof.  Not only that, but he is a wealth of knowledge and just a really awesome person to converse with.

I don't think I've ever dealt with the other person in those messages but it's pretty clear that they were just disappointed to not get the price they wanted for the book, it had nothing to do with the listing accuracy.  They opened up with the statement that their not selling the book for 0.99 cents!  I've got a couple really good deals on eBay auction style (as the only bidder) and have never had a seller do that to me... likewise I've probably made a few sellers happy by paying way more than they expected.  I goes both ways.  I appreciate this info being posted here!  

On 8/1/2021 at 8:40 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:news:

I need to definitively apologize to Zilaf and provide the same clarity that was just shared with me. .           First. 

I misspoke and I am wrong. 

I am sorry to Zilaf.  

Here is the message I just received from @RockMyAmadeus ( Huge Thank you for catching this as I didn't realize what had fully happened.) 

I am also going to quote everything thing I originally posted as well as anyone who replied so they too are aware of my error. 

(Ok since it appears there were a total of 14 quotes all related I am placing them in a spoiler as these were already too much in the thread and do not want to over load the thread) 

Hide contents

Thank you to everyone who reached out to me about this and to those who spoke to my character, at the same time I did talk about doing the right thing. This is where I admit I was wrong. I will also send a message to Zilaf on Ebay and apologize to him as well now realizing that I did not in fact win this, but it was cancelled early and he forgot to cancel my bid. Which led to me thinking I had won and paid for the item. Then causing the refund and messages. 

Thank you again @RockMyAmadeus for bringing this to my attention and giving me a chance to apologize for my error. 

@onlyweaknesskryptonite Well, I still think you are a pretty good guy… maybe even better for the public apology.  Sorry I jumped to conclusions also and thank you @RockMyAmadeus for your investigative prowess. 

On 8/1/2021 at 9:00 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Also here are the messages I sent to them directly there on ebay

20210801_205803.thumb.jpg.5f384be49fef8e373e1cee1cc4bb08e3.jpg20210801_205823.jpg.afaa8bfb2b60551d05ab8b906b500ef1.jpg

Okay so this make more sense. Zilaf caught the error and ended the auction right? 

That being said if the book was just the wrong picture I would have ended the auction in error as well.
Ive actually done that one once or twice. 

I just didn't understand the issue. 

On 8/1/2021 at 9:44 PM, fastballspecial said:

Okay so this make more sense. Zilaf caught the error and ended the auction right? 

That being said if the book was just the wrong picture I would have ended the auction in error as well.
Ive actually done that one once or twice. 

I just didn't understand the issue. 

I agree that it definitely makes more sense.  

I would have done the same thing to avoid more bids on the error as well. 

Obviously I did not understand this as well, but glad that the issue was brought to my attention.

That it was my misunderstanding of how this actually transpired that truly caused the issue.  

I truly am sorry for this as I would have done the same thing in their shoes. 

I definitely deserve the 626944545_tenor-1(2).gif.b0a78f6511416c9d2d164e3becdf804b.gif

for this one.. :facepalm:

On 8/1/2021 at 9:44 AM, Junkdrawer said:

I think it was so much easier to block this guy than to get involved in some sort of trap.

C6205E26-854B-4EE7-8592-063C1DD189F6.jpeg

As far as I know I haven't been blocked by anyone, but this makes me wonder if it's an inevitably. I frequently request more information/pics about the book I'm interested and would probably ask for more pics of a case if I felt the pictures available were inadequate.

Is that really considered a red flag by sellers? I've never returned an item and have only sent one message noting that a book was poorly secured, so I don't think my additional questions are indicative of how much of a pain in the I am. Is that the impression I'm giving though? Thoughts?

homebsexycool777-2

Made an offer on a book that I accepted (near $1000). No response and no payment. Must have forgot to block him after that. A couple weeks later, he makes an offer on the same book. Not thinking to check the ID, I accept. Again, no response and no payment. I made sure to block him this time...

On 8/2/2021 at 1:26 PM, benny275 said:

As far as I know I haven't been blocked by anyone, but this makes me wonder if it's an inevitably. I frequently request more information/pics about the book I'm interested and would probably ask for more pics of a case if I felt the pictures available were inadequate.

Is that really considered a red flag by sellers? I've never returned an item and have only sent one message noting that a book was poorly secured, so I don't think my additional questions are indicative of how much of a pain in the I am. Is that the impression I'm giving though? Thoughts?

This is one million percent a red flag. Since ebay ALWAYS sides with the buyer - ALWAYS - there is no reason at all to sell to a person who sends this.

Edited by FlyingDonut
i am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person

On 8/5/2021 at 1:32 PM, FlyingDonut said:

This is one million percent a red flag. Since ebay ALWAYS sides with the seller - ALWAYS - there is no reason at all to sell to a person who sends this.

You mean always side with the buyer? If that's the case, I suppose I have less reason to pepper with questions since eBay will likely help me out if it's a problem. I don't want to talk someone out of selling to me, so I'll worry less about it in the future.

Thanks for the insight, I don't sell so I hadn't really thought about it from that perspective.

So back at the end of May I win an item on ebay for around $50 or so. I buy a lot of stuff, so I didn't notice I hadn't gotten it until nearly two weeks later, and sure enough the sale had been cancelled and I'd been refunded shortly after the auction ended. Normally I'd just let it go, but I noticed the same item had been sold a week later by the same seller as a BIN for around $120. I looked up the reason for cancelling, and the seller had chosen "problem with buyer's address" which I knew was B.S. I still considered letting it go, but was in a mood and left negative feedback. Within minutes the seller buys a $6 item from me (the cheapest I have available), before I had gotten around to blocking him, which I probably should have done first. I send the buyer a message asking if the purchase was made in order to leave retaliatory feedback, and they respond with "I look forward to receiving it."

I mail the item, probably not what they expected, and figure they'll either want to return or just leave some sort of negative feedback for no reason whatsoever. Well, the 60 day window passed, and nothing. Maybe they thought better of playing games after cooling off, I don't know. 

On 8/5/2021 at 5:35 PM, benny275 said:

You mean always side with the buyer? If that's the case, I suppose I have less reason to pepper with questions since eBay will likely help me out if it's a problem. I don't want to talk someone out of selling to me, so I'll worry less about it in the future.

Thanks for the insight, I don't sell so I hadn't really thought about it from that perspective.

yes, always with the buyer. Someone asks me about the condition of a CGC case? Nope.