• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

Add another username to the list...

rh55_68

I accepted their best offer on a comic this morning and they paid immediately. I left positive feedback for the quick payment and around 6 hours later I returned home to package the comic for shipment. Right as I finish packaging the comic, I receive a message from the buyer requesting the order to be cancelled. I politely ask for a reason why, and their response was "I changed my mind". Not worth the hassle over a $30 comic so I sent them their refund and immediately blocked them. I noticed after the fact that they listed their recipient name for the shipment as "Adolf Hitler" and their full name on their Ebay account was listed as "Big boi". Likely a shill account just purchasing books and requesting cancellations after receiving positive feedback. Very sketchy if you ask me. I wish there was further action I could take, but Ebay unfortunately does not have an option to report buyers outside of a defined list of circumstances.

On 5/3/2023 at 3:01 PM, jjfversion1 said:

Add another username to the list...

rh55_68

I accepted their best offer on a comic this morning and they paid immediately. I left positive feedback for the quick payment and around 6 hours later I returned home to package the comic for shipment. Right as I finish packaging the comic, I receive a message from the buyer requesting the order to be cancelled. I politely ask for a reason why, and their response was "I changed my mind". Not worth the hassle over a $30 comic so I sent them their refund and immediately blocked them. I noticed after the fact that they listed their recipient name for the shipment as "Adolf Hitler" and their full name on their Ebay account was listed as "Big boi". Likely a shill account just purchasing books and requesting cancellations after receiving positive feedback. Very sketchy if you ask me. I wish there was further action I could take, but Ebay unfortunately does not have an option to report buyers outside of a defined list of circumstances.

He may have retreated back to his bunker. Ebay can't find this user name.

On 5/3/2023 at 6:09 PM, jjfversion1 said:

He still shows up as an active user on my end. Strange…

9069B05B-39F9-4BFC-96D3-A839BE0F9641.png

Yes, strange... I tried again and got the "We've looked everywhere" ebay page... which is also weird...

Update.... I closed ebay app and rebooted... everything back the way it should be.... and Adolf is blocked

Edited by jokiing

On 5/3/2023 at 12:40 PM, lostboys said:

I do this because Ebay will always side with the buyer that files a "NAD" claim

The initial claim almost always goes the buyers way. However if you disagree and appeal they can and will decide in the sellers favor. If you’re in the right that is.

I recently had an issue with a buyer claiming the item wasn’t as described. He stated I didn’t disclose color breaking  spine tics and you couldn’t see them in the pics. Not only could you see them clearly in the pics but I also listed it in the description. 

Ebay initially decided in the buyers favor. I appealed it and won. eBay refunded the buyer from eBay funds not mine and let them keep the book. Which is ridiculous. If I “won” the buyer shouldn’t be able to keep the book. 

On 5/4/2023 at 2:12 AM, Corona smith said:

The initial claim almost always goes the buyers way. However if you disagree and appeal they can and will decide in the sellers favor. If you’re in the right that is.

I recently had an issue with a buyer claiming the item wasn’t as described. He stated I didn’t disclose color breaking  spine tics and you couldn’t see them in the pics. Not only could you see them clearly in the pics but I also listed it in the description. 

Ebay initially decided in the buyers favor. I appealed it and won. eBay refunded the buyer from eBay funds not mine and let them keep the book. Which is ridiculous. If I “won” the buyer shouldn’t be able to keep the book. 

Yeah, thats nuts that they got both the money and the book.

I guess in the end, Ebay did kinda side with the buyer then.

Thats a diff situation than what im describing though.

Im talking about buyers doing damage to the book and then claiming it was not as described.

In that case, the seller cant prove the damage wasnt there upon delivery.

The seller can point to the original pics and say "look, no damage!" but theres no way to 100% prove the book in the pics is the book they shipped.

Ebay will side with the buyer every time in that situation.

Thats with raw books.

If a buyer really wants to return a  graded book, theyll just crack the case and say it was damaged during shipping.

Im just saying...if a buyer really wants to get a refund, they will find a way.

Its just easier to accept returns BUT make the buyer pay the shipping.

Edited by lostboys

On 5/5/2023 at 4:58 AM, Gaard said:

The other morning, I got a boatload of emails from Ebay (as usual) of saved search matches. Everytime I clicked on a link, I got the "We looked everywhere" message.

I stopped getting email notifications when I turned it off because it’s pointless. I noticed they sent out the emails once a day and it was usually long after those items had been listed. Easier to just periodically check my saved searches. 

David Clark (from North Carolina)
eBay user

Block this guy.  Trust me.

He is buying CGC books and weeks later wanting to return them because of all of a sudden he disagrees with the grades.
He told me he is returning other CGC books he bought from other sellers as well.  You dont want this headache.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 5/10/2023 at 12:06 PM, NewWorldOrder said:
eBay user David Clark (from North Carolina)

Block this guy.  Trust me.

He is buying CGC books and weeks later wanting to return them because of all of a sudden he disagrees with the grades.
He told me he is returning other CGC books he bought from other sellers as well.  You dont want this headache.

I have a bit of sympathy for anyone buying a graded book and it’s seriously overgraded. I’ve actually returned one or two myself.

I still have a copy of FF#1 CGC 9.2 Newsstand on eBay that no one’s going to buy. It has at least a dozen color breaking spine tics. You can’t miss them on the dark cover. 

I’ve actually read that CGC doesn’t even open moderns when grading. 

On 5/10/2023 at 10:38 AM, Corona smith said:

I have a bit of sympathy for anyone buying a graded book and it’s seriously overgraded. I’ve actually returned one or two myself.

I still have a copy of FF#1 CGC 9.2 Newsstand on eBay that no one’s going to buy. It has at least a dozen color breaking spine tics. You can’t miss them on the dark cover. 

I’ve actually read that CGC doesn’t even open moderns when grading. 

I have zero sympathy for this guy.  Your example I get.

This guy is saying he disagrees with 6 CGC grades of various tiers from 3 different eBay sellers!  Sorry that means he is the bad roommate in that analogy not CGC or the sellers.

Also one of the books was delivered a month ago and now he tells me he doesnt like it lol (Delivered 4/8/23). Thankfully that case was closed out in my favor immediately.

Classic example of a buyer who either needs money now, buyers remorse, or an OCD nutjob.

I understand maybe disagreeing with one grade, but that many is bad pattern.

However, a buyer like this (assuming he is telling me the truth) should ONLY buy in person, and not online.  It's not the sellers job to police whether or not you agree with the grade, hence the point of CGC.  I try to be reasonable with someone, but this guy is obviously playing games.  Lets take your example, if you would have reached out to me shortly after receiving the FF1 I would have taken it back.  This guys wants to return items that were delivered a month and weeks later.

If I buy a CGC book online and I disagree with the CGC, oh well.  The seller didnt force my hand in buying it.  I will just resell it on my own later and move on with my life.  Basically what you are doing with the FF1.

Remember I am not going into the uber details of the buyer.  If you read his eBay messages I would think you would run away from this guy.

Edited by NewWorldOrder