• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,601 posts in this topic

These days, I wouldn't automatically discount not agreeing with the CGC graders.

In no way am I saying you're wrong. Did you happen to look over the slab in question before you mailed it out?

On 5/10/2023 at 1:07 PM, Gaard said:

These days, I wouldn't automatically discount not agreeing with the CGC graders.

In no way am I saying you're wrong. Did you happen to look over the slab in question before you mailed it out?

lay-up 9.8, and remember we are talking about letting me know over a month later.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 5/10/2023 at 12:06 PM, NewWorldOrder said:
David Clark (from North Carolina)
eBay user

Block this guy.  Trust me.

He is buying CGC books and weeks later wanting to return them because of all of a sudden he disagrees with the grades.
He told me he is returning other CGC books he bought from other sellers as well.  You dont want this headache.

There is something inherently "off" when you have a buyer who creates an account on March 23rd and is all of a sudden returning slabs as he disagrees with the grade that CGC assigned.   I cannot help but wonder if he has had to create an account recently because he was already removed from the service for previous bad behavior. 

On 5/10/2023 at 2:09 PM, Buzzetta said:

There is something inherently "off" when you have a buyer who creates an account on March 23rd and is all of a sudden returning slabs as he disagrees with the grade that CGC assigned.   I cannot help but wonder if he has had to create an account recently because he was already removed from the service for previous bad behavior. 

Bingo! (worship)

I for sure saved his name and address in my Hall of Shame eBay buyers

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 4/28/2023 at 10:18 AM, FlyingDonut said:

Here's one - block mummerman

Has a history of asking for refunds on books "not delivered" that are shown to be delivered in his mailbox. His problem is with USPS, not with me. Save yourself the hassle.

Update on this guy. Filed a refund claim with eBay. My funds were held. eBay investigated and rejected his claim because the tracking showed the items were delivered to his mailbox. Bwah hah hah.

Dropped some $$$ on an ASM 129 CGC 6.5, got a notification today from UPS saying it was delivered. Uh, no, it was not delivered. Go online and tracking says it was dropped off, with signature, at an Amazon facility in another state. Go to eBay to message the seller and -- UH OH! -- the seller is "No longer a registered user." Call eBay, they confirm the account had been suspended and start processing a refund. Not sure it matters now, but here's the seller ID: cheyhi-34

Edited by Grottu

On 5/3/2023 at 11:14 PM, Corona smith said:

I don’t leave feedback until the buyers left me feedback. 

I get that, but as a seller I just pop the positive as soon as I get paid. I am out nothing since you can only do positive anyways.

But as a buyer, as soon as the book arrives and I determine it is not rolled up German newspapers, I look for FB from seller and if there is none I hide it from the list and never go back. I do this because from years of leaving the positives and seeing my FB left list is almost exactly twice as long as FB received. If the seller does not care then it saves us both time.

On 5/12/2023 at 1:28 AM, NP_Gresham said:

I get that, but as a seller I just pop the positive as soon as I get paid. I am out nothing since you can only do positive anyways.

I’m of the mind that you aren’t getting a plus to your feedback score unless you do the same for mine. Also if they end up being a problem buyer I’ll leave a “false positive” and explain the situation. At the least they’re going to have to contact eBay to get it removed. Or it stays and people will have a warning. 

I just purchased something from a seller who is on this list, but while searching their eBay ID in this topic, I can just see that they are on the list, but I don’t know why.  Any enlightenment on this subject will be appreciated.  Thanks.

comictraders1 just got me.

I see he/she is already on the overall list but was not on mine.

No excuses (which I guess is good?) just a terse: "Sorry but I need to cancel this".

It was an auction and the bids were put in hours before it ended.