• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

Saw Dr. Strange last night and quite a few things came to mind after watching the film.

1. I fell asleep while watching the film was so bored - Last time I fell asleep during a comic film Green Lantern

2. The cinematography was the viewer could not tell what was happening in certain scenes

3. Mads Mikkelson and Benedict Cumberbatch are some of the finest actors out there, who just gave the worst performance I have seen in their careers.

4. Too much time was spent on developing Dr. Strange with very little to no payoff in the end on the villain

5. Nearly threw up twice from the special effects

6. The Cloak of Levitation performed better than Cumberbatch and stole the show

7. Possibly worst looking villain in years gives The Myrka a run for its money

8. When you have seen Harry Potter this film is in comparison

9. Left thinking can't wait for Sausage Party

10. Is the worst Marvel film made

6/10 Nuff Said

Edited by Goldeneye

Saw Dr. Strange last night and quite a few things came to mind after watching the film.

1. I fell asleep while watching the film was so bored - Last time I fell asleep during a comic film Green Lantern

2. The cinematography was the viewer could not tell what was happening in certain scenes

3. Mads Mikkelson and Benedict Cumberbatch are some of the finest actors out there, who just gave the worst performance I have seen in their careers.

4. Too much time was spent on developing Dr. Strange with very little to no payoff in the end on the villain

6/10 Nuff Said

lol

6/10 Nuff Said

Throwing up while you're asleep can be very dangerous.

I do remember getting little woozy at one point but it went away when I shut my eyes for a second. Just an intense visual roller coaster ride of a movie.

I was kind of underwhelmed. I thought it felt kind of rushed. Cumberbatch was fine but I didn't feel like his transformation from heel to hero packed much wallop or emotion.

Tilda Swinton was very good.

Marvel still needs to develop villains better.

I saw it in 3D and I wish I hadn't.

The Cloak of Levitation should be signed to a five picture deal.

I dozed off a bit in the beginning. The movie is quite generic. The way they rolled out Dormammu was very lazy - similar to how Fox introduced Galactus in FF2. Maybe I was expecting too much from Marvel.

On the bright side, I think this is the first time I have seen Marvel used an infinity gem the proper way.

Overall, it is a decent popcorn flick

I really liked it. Cool throwback to the trippy colors and world of Dr. Strange. Yes, the special effects were a little wild at times, but the movie was definitely clever, and while backstory heavy for a long while like many Marvels, it opened up and was then solid throughout.

The one think that got me is that if Dr. Strange had learned from a "master" and was starting to gain powers (inner and outer), wouldn't one think he would be more humble and less arrogant. Especially a man of his knowledge and skill-sets. I know they have to make it satirical like all the others, but I thought he would have been more disciplined. Still a great film. I'd see it again.

I liked it. Around 7/10 (just a little bit higher than someone that said they hated it. Heh).

The Groundhog Dimension sequence made me laugh. But on the whole the movie was more serious business than I'm used to from the 'house of ideas.'

Interstellar Overdrive !

Enjoyed it a lot! Was really moved by the multiverse scenes.

Wand of Living Tribunal!!!

Felt like it would have been great to have been a much longer movie. Lots of scenes seemed to pass too quickly, IMO. I was ok with Dormammu, and didn't see it as being as weak as Galactus. It really brought back the sense of Ditko days and Strange meeting Eternity.

6/10 Nuff Said

Absolute BS review.

If the movie is so bad...stand up & walk out of the theatre.

I've done it.

6/10 Nuff Said

Absolute BS review.

If the movie is so bad...stand up & walk out of the theatre.

I've done it.

For such a horrible review, he gave it a pretty descent score.

Captain Marvel Easter Egg In Doctor Strange?

In our list of over 25 Doctor Strange Easter Eggs, one particular scene in Doctor Strange mentions a 22-year-old girl who wears a electronic device to treat her schizophrenia, and she ends up getting struck by lightning.

As fans of the Marvel comic books know, Carol Danvers, aka Ms. Marvel aka Captain Marvel, received her powers as a result of being fused with Kree DNA (long story short). It's already become known that the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel origin story will be different than the comics because Kevin Feige thinks it's too close to DC's Green Lantern (works in the Air Force and gets her powers from an alien), so it's possible that Captain Marvel in the MCU might be completely different. Regarding the character's schizophrenia (assuming it's Captain Marvel), off the bat that reminds me of the relationship Mar-vell had with Rick Jones in that they shared a mind/body connection.

EW.com caught up with Doctor Strange director Scott Derrickson and questioned him about the possible Captain Marvel Easter Egg. The article notes Derrickson "said he could neither confirm nor deny" the Doctor Strange Captain Marvel Easter Egg, "but he was smiling (so infer from that what you like)."

The movie is for families and young children. It should succeed with the demographic. Disney will harvest this property for the next 25 years as the audience begins to age. Dr Strange should add fresh, young fans to the MCU.

I fell asleep twice during the film but that's okay. I don't care for movies. I prefer movie gifs. Cumberbatch as Dr Strange looked great as did Dormammu's realm. The movie should generate beautiful gif sets for decades to come.