• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

Just saw it...very well done. The "psychedelic" scenes are amaz-balls!

This would be extremely trip in 3D at an IMAX...or at home with the mind altering substance of your choice.

As far as story, it was very well done.

Kaecilius was a boring one-note villain though. The reveal of Dormammu was fantastic. I almost thought they were not going to include him (like Iron Man's Mandarin). Then they kept mentioning him and only showing eyes and I thought it was going to be like the Galactus-cloud.

It is a little weird that the Eye of Agamotto is an Infinity Stone though. Seems that Dr. Strange will more than likely lose that to Thanos very soon.

Is Dr. Strange confirmed for a cameo in Thor: Ragnarok? The mid-credits teaser made it sound like it was going to be a Thor/Strange buddy comedy.

I'm tired of special fx movies, and this thing looks bloated with them. Any other reason to see this film aside from the abundance of CG eye candy? So far, the trailers aren't doing anything for me. Yawn.

I'm tired of special fx movies, and this thing looks bloated with them. Any other reason to see this film aside from the abundance of CG eye candy? So far, the trailers aren't doing anything for me. Yawn.

I've actually never been a Dr. Strange fan but I do want to see the flick only so I don't miss out on how they're building the Marvel Universe.

I'm probably most interested in seeing what the 2 end scenes.

I've actually never been a Dr. Strange fan but I do want to see the flick only so I don't miss out on how they're building the Marvel Universe.

I'm probably most interested in seeing what the 2 end scenes.

This may actually be just enough pull for me.

It is a little weird that the Eye of Agamotto is an Infinity Stone though. Seems that Dr. Strange will more than likely lose that to Thanos very soon.

Is Dr. Strange confirmed for a cameo in Thor: Ragnarok? The mid-credits teaser made it sound like it was going to be a Thor/Strange buddy comedy.

to your 1st point

It makes perfect sense to make the E of A an Infinity Stone. It helps with story cohesion across all the movies and I have no problem with them rewriting the comics a bit, as long as it's well done in the long run.

To your 2nd point.

I'd expect to see Strange in Thor as they both operate in the realm of magic, so I'd expect their paths to cross moreso than say, Thor with Hulk. The comedy is probably just some relief from the movie. Marvel has nailed that Action / Comedy formula and it's become the hallmark of their onscreen universe. I'd be more disappointed if there wasn't any comedy.

So far I have heard from three big Marvel fanboy friends. Using Ant-Man as a gauge, one thought it was better and two thought it was worse. lol

Edited by kimik

Just saw it...very well done. The "psychedelic" scenes are amaz-balls!

This would be extremely trip in 3D at an IMAX...or at home with the mind altering substance of your choice.

As far as story, it was very well done.

Kaecilius was a boring one-note villain though. The reveal of Dormammu was fantastic. I almost thought they were not going to include him (like Iron Man's Mandarin). Then they kept mentioning him and only showing eyes and I thought it was going to be like the Galactus-cloud.

There were rumors back in August about...

...a Doctor Strange appearance in Thor Ragnarok. So maybe. But a strong maybe from the content.

Thor: Ragnarok set photos hint at Doctor Strange appearance

In new photos taken from the set of Thor: Ragnarok, which is currently filming in Australia, Chris Hemsworth’s Thor can be seen holding a business card with a very peculiar address stamped on it. As Hitfix points out, 177A Bleecker St is the address of Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum where Strange lives. The card suggests that Strange may make an appearance in the film. There aren’t any other photos or clues that hint at how big of a role the appearance in Ragnarok from Strange, played by Benedict Cumberbatch, may be, but it does confirm that the new superheroes from Marvel’s third cinematic phase and the older heroes are very much aware of each other’s existence.

But could this also be the post-credit scenes being filmed? There were statements from Feige that Taika Waititi would be creating scenes to be inserted into 'a Marvel movie'.

So far I have heard from three big Marvel fanboy friends. Using Ant-Man as a gauge, one thought it was better and two thought it was worse. lol

Ant Man was better because of Paul Rudd and the overall story was more heart touching and "deeper" if Ant-Man can be deep. Dr Strange was a great visual movie and a great comic book adaption but felt flat in terms of overall story and the love interest was not convincing. Now that I think about it more I'd probably give Ant-Man a slight advantage to me seeing it a second time over Dr Strange and I'd see Suicide Squad over again before seeing either of them. Solid B/B- movie for me.

Ant Man was better because of Paul Rudd and the overall story was more heart touching and "deeper" if Ant-Man can be deep. Dr Strange was a great visual movie and a great comic book adaption but felt flat in terms of overall story and the love interest was not convincing. Now that I think about it more I'd probably give Ant-Man a slight advantage to me seeing it a second time over Dr Strange and I'd see Suicide Squad over again before seeing either of them. Solid B/B- movie for me.

This is exactly what I gathered from the trailer.

I would also like to add while RDj made Iron Man from a B+ to an A-lister because of his films, Benedict Cumberbatch performance is going to have a similar impact for Doctor Strange. Strange just went from a C+ to a solid B+!

Makes me want to go and read Doctor Strange comics now. :headbang:

:gossip: ...The Michael Golden classic, Doctor Strange # 55 is a good place to start..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

hey, along this line, what are the best TPBs to buy of Strange?

The black-and-white Essentials contain all the Lee / Ditko, Thomas / Colan, Englehart / Brunner and Stern / Rogers / Golden / Smith issues, but I’d rather read the material in colour because of its surrealistic quality and prefer the trade paperback Masterworks. There’s also a new Bronze Age Epic collection.

Alright, I've got it narrowed down to one of two movies I'm seeing tonight: Dr. Strange, or Hacksaw Ridge. What'll it be gents?

Hacksaw Ridge will be the better movie, IMO.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but if not. There's a mid credit scene and a post credit scene that pertains to the story so you'll want to wait for both, unlike the audience in the theater I saw it where the majority left after the mid credit scene.

Is the book The Doors of Perception by Huxley supposed to be Hilarious?

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Great. I hope this movie is a huge success so the DCEU can go forward with a magic related movie that would be even more visually stunning (albeit for different reasons).................Zatanna. :devil:

Edited by kimik

I agree with you. Where it lacks is the characters.