• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Thats what this is ALL about - now we're rolling!

Just take the awesome books and this litho someone!

Keep it going Harv - this one's a winner!

Maybe cut down the claim time to 2 weeks though...just a thought.

The veto certainly takes the PIF thieves away.

Take this offer someone!!

1cool - good job fella!

I picked this up today at a local Comic Con thinking about this thread the whole time. I'd like to offer up this exclusive lithograph which was signed by Steranko this morning. I'd like to add it as an option B to Wall Crawler's offerings. Wall Crawler doesn't need to send me his books if the lithograph is selected - my gift to a board member. I would ask that the board member who takes it has the intention of mounting it and finding a nice place for it. The piece is approximately 24" x 18" wide.

15_zps0e904930.jpg

1_zpsfa171248.jpg

ps I mean no disrespect to Wall Crawlers offer - I thinks its a great set of books. Hope this litho finds a good home.

This is nice and VERY generous. But it will not "save" or excuse Wall Crawler from someone needing to claim his offer. As I've said, the community has already deemed his offer generous so he's not facing a strike if his offer goes unclaimed. But we're not going to have others start tacking onto a person with a current offer to "help them out". That can sort of be manipulated to bailing someone out - something the PIF thread had to deal with when one person would offer drek and another would take it to fulfill their obligation to the thread.

For me it's just that there are fewer positive outcomes for playing here than negative outcomes. If I take something and someone takes my offer that's great. If I take something and my offer sits for three days my board name is besmirched. If I take something and the offerer decides my offer is substandard my board name is besmirched. If I take something and the person whose offer I take just doesn't like me my board name is besmirched. The main one I worry about is the second. If the current offer can stand for this long how long will $60-$120 slabs take?

People aren't getting strikes if they offered a generally accepted generous offer - as the current one undeniably is a generous offer. So please - everyone - do NOT worry about getting a strike if you offer something generous and it is not taken. (thumbs u

:news::news::news::news::news::news:

I thought of an idea that would allow people to take more than one thing a month. Occasionally, the thread will stall and an offer, even a generous one, will go unclaimed. When that happens, someone will have to GIVE and offer something without getting anything in return. If a person takes initiative and does a good deed by offering up a generous offer that is claimed without taking something themselves, they should be rewarded, right? hm One additional "take it" for the month. There will be no building up of more than one "take it" at any time. Just an idea I wanted to throw out there and see what you guys thought.

Thoughts?

:news: :news::news::news::news::news:

OOhhhhh - do I get a freebie take it, just like 1cool??

Awesome sauce!

I think if an offer is unclaimed for one day it reverts to anyone's grab regardless of if you've already taken one in the month. I think we can trust the people who have successfully taken/given to offer up something good.

Listen, you guys can keep trying to add rules to this thread if you like, but I'm sticking with the rules on the first page. (shrug)

Wall-Crawler either needs to have his current offer claimed or switch it up. Either way, the majority of people participating in the thread have already openly said it's a generous offer so he's NOT getting a strike. 1Cool can offer that up as a side offer now and receive nothing. Or he can wait until Wall-Crawler's offer expires if no one claims it and try to offer it then. (thumbs u

Listen, you guys can keep trying to add rules to this thread if you like, but I'm sticking with the rules on the first page. (shrug)

Wall-Crawler either needs to have his current offer claimed or switch it up. Either way, the majority of people participating in the thread have already openly said it's a generous offer so he's NOT getting a strike. 1Cool can offer that up as a side offer now and receive nothing. Or he can wait until Wall-Crawler's offer expires if no one claims it and try to offer it then. (thumbs u

Hey you offered a rule change suggestion and asked for thoughts so I just went with it....

I'm totally cool with adding my litho to Wall Crawlers offer. Just trying to pay forward a little Board love to Wall Crawler and his fantastic offer. I'd put my vote on not giving people an extra "take it" in the month. I'm starting to like the giving vibe of this thread and I want to keep it going.

I'd love to see the thread keep growing for a set amount of time and then the contents of the offer is auctioned off and the proceeds go to a charity or a board member in need.

Amen.

This thread hasn't been in existence for 2 days and every other post is either Kav or someone pointing out a possible rule change.

Let it be for a little while. The point isn't to have 20 offers change hands a day. Shut up and enjoy the thing.

I'll throw up a :takeit: that lithograph is sheer awesomeness and I know just who to give it to.

:headbang: Its funny Jim asked if I wanted it signed "To Andrew" and I asked him not to since I was giving it to someone else and I didn't know who. I bet he thought I was putting it up on E-Bay that day. Glad its going to a great guy - I just spend a few minutes looking over all the details in the thing. A portion of the proceeds went to the 911 Education Fund so I thought that was a nice extra.