• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Cara Delevingne Talks About Auditioning For The Role Of 'Enchantress' In SUICIDE SQUAD

According to the 22-year-old, the auditions themselves were quite tasking. As there was no -script in place at the time, Ayer instead requested Delevingne read the part of 'Martha' from Edward Albee's Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? She was asked to read the part in several different ways (perhaps in order to reflect June Moore's split personality), and by the end of it was ready to "beat people up".

“I was like, 'Honestly, if I go outside and punch people, you’ve got to come get me out of jail because I am so furious',” she claimed. "[David Ayer] sparked a f-cking fury in me." This isn't the first we've heard of Ayer's intensive directing style, after Delevingne's co-star Adam Beach revealed the Fury director even brought in an on-set therapist to support his cast. Luckily, it seems none of them begrudge him for his methods. “[it] is going to be freakin’ awesome,” Delevingne added, when asked about the actual movie. “I kill people with my bare hands!”

Would explain some things...

Is the Joker really Jason Todd?

http://www.dorkly.com/post/75333/this-fan-theory-about-jared-letos-joker-is-kind-of-brilliant

Cheers!

Well that's one theory. Personally I feel it's reaching and unlikely but you never know. I will however be rooting for a little Todd storyline in SS with hopes of it being taken into a Red Hood storyline in the solo Batman they announced.

Would explain some things...

Is the Joker really Jason Todd?

http://www.dorkly.com/post/75333/this-fan-theory-about-jared-letos-joker-is-kind-of-brilliant

Cheers!

Well that's one theory. Personally I feel it's reaching and unlikely but you never know. I will however be rooting for a little Todd storyline in SS with hopes of it being taken into a Red Hood storyline in the solo Batman they announced.

That would be so cool if the Joker really was Jason Todd. Talk about a plot twist.

But without the audience knowing and caring that Jason Todd was Robin before, it makes it a flat reveal. Unless Robin is in Bats/Supe then who would even know who Jason Todd is?

no reason you couldn't have a small flash back in the SS movie or and/or a cameo in the Supes/Bats movie.

I thought I posted this here, but I put it in Batman v Superman when the Jason Todd discussion was going on over there...

It takes forever to get a movie through all the stages, so it seems to me there's a good chance that someone in a business suit said, "We don't want to follow Ledger's Joker with a completely different actor as Joker who is supposed to be the same Ledger Joker, right? What if there was another Joker?" (...and the people who know comics answered... there is...)

I thought I posted this here, but I put it in Batman v Superman when the Jason Todd discussion was going on over there...

It takes forever to get a movie through all the stages, so it seems to me there's a good chance that someone in a business suit said, "We don't want to follow Ledger's Joker with a completely different actor as Joker who is supposed to be the same Ledger Joker, right? What if there was another Joker?" (...and the people who know comics answered... there is...)

Is there supposed to be continuity between the Nolanverse and the new films? Clearly Batfleck isn't supposed to be Bale & we have already heard repeatedly that there are no other superheroes in Nolan's universe. There's no connection between the two.

Is there supposed to be continuity between the Nolanverse and the new films? Clearly Batfleck isn't supposed to be Bale & we have already heard repeatedly that there are no other superheroes in Nolan's universe. There's no connection between the two.

no the nolanverse are their own universe. the new films starting from MOS and moving forward are building a new universe with continunity.

If you think there are people the know comics around the suits at WB then you are sadly mistaken. :)

Spy!

That’s because the new Spider-Man actor initiated an unprecedented off-screen crossover with DC Entertainment’s most notorious big screen team, The Suicide Squad. Holland, who was up in Toronto earlier this week, had a chance to sneak on Suicide Squad’s official set and pose with his Back Country (an indie film) co-star Joel Kinnaman (who plays Rick Flagg in Squad). While the exact nature of Holland’s northern visit is unclear, its was most likely to wrap up work on Backcountry. And if Holland is wrapping up work on Backcountry with Squad visits to spare, it’s safe to assume that Marvel’s newest blockbuster actor has finished filming his Captain America: Civil War cameo.

fjM4VKx.jpg

‘Batman V Superman’ & ‘Suicide Squad’ Movie Connections Revealed

Today we learn more official information from Zack Snyder himself regarding Batman’s backstory in the DCEU – and how The Dark Knight’s history connects to the Suicide Squad movie.

According to Zack Snyder, the super criminal inmates of Belle Reve Prison (where Suicide Squad is set) were all put there by Batman. We previously heard that, in the DCEU, Batman is a boogeyman that government operatives like Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) have been hunting for years. The Joker is reportedly the key to helping track Batman down, and Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) is presumably the leverage for pushing the Joker. Or so we’ve heard.

Early on, it was rumored that Suicide Squad would take place BEFORE the events of Batman V Superman – and that Ayer’s film ends with a major riot / breakout at Belle Reve. If all that is true, then Affleck’s Batman will have some serious cleaning up to do by the time his solo film comes around.