• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2022 at 7:44 PM, deadleg said:

Someone should start a company that grades cgc cases. Then they encase the slab in another slab. hm

CVA or QES, basically. All but the slab slabbing, really.

On 5/2/2022 at 10:57 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

FB_IMG_1651553824765.jpg.af58b72db79476c2e38d61618325dbcb.jpg

The benefits of hazmat suits used during encapsulation would outweigh any resulting work shenanigans.

Breaking-Bad-inflated-lab-suit.gif.a8a89d3ff9dc63515b11e64991ec2574.gif

I dont stress about scratches anymore. They can be cleaned up rather easily. My theory is that CGC has a bad batch of slabs that came in already scratched.

Newton rings, cracks, warped books and debris inside the slabs are what I worry about.

Oh and those unsightly scuffs!

Edited by lostboys

On 5/6/2022 at 7:22 AM, buttock said:

What about telling your customers that a big announcement is forthcoming... does that help?

I'm still waiting on results from my pensi enlargement kit

Let's be honest with ourselves. No way most of these books would escape someone doing an actual QC check.  

I think its safe to assume that there is NO quality-control going on at all with the current backlog. There is just no time for it. Probably more cost effective to have a small percentage of books sent back for reholdering.