• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,152 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 4/27/2023 at 12:38 PM, jcjames said:

Maybe Mike was just responding to the exact verbiage in the random internet post which stated "... price hike including all mechanical errors.." {emphasis mine}

hm

Maybe? 

I was.  

Mike, what happened to the you-beaut QC hot dog that was chomping at the bit to solve all these issues? I haven't heard about him in aaaages. Is he even still there? Has he given up? Things seem back the way they were, if not worse than ever. 

• Administrator
On 4/27/2023 at 1:09 PM, Cat said:

Mike, what happened to the you-beaut QC hot dog that was chomping at the bit to solve all these issues? I haven't heard about him in aaaages. Is he even still there? Has he given up? Things seem back the way they were, if not worse than ever. 

He is no longer with the company.  We do have a guy who's position is Director of Operational Excellence.  I will be asking him to walk around with me, and we will discuss current procedure on things and I am sure I will have several suggestions for him.  

On 4/27/2023 at 9:31 AM, CGC Mike said:

Nobody at customer service said that all ME's will be charged.  There will be an article coming out that will explain exactly how we will be handling ME's.  I recommend waiting for that instead of accepting random posts on the internet to be the new CGC rule.

No one was accepting this to be the new rule at CGC which is why I asked if this was true to have it come from CGC.  However let's be honest would this really shock anyone if this is the way CGC went?  

I mean we are 3 years into the absolute worst QC we've ever seen (I think we see more QC issues per month now than we did in a 5 year period).  It certainly seems CGC is doing everything in their power to make it more and more difficult to have their mistakes fixed.

"What's that you say? Your comic was inserted upside down? Well, it's after the 2 week window so it'll cost you $20 to have us fix it for you."

"There's a big ol' plastic shard in the slab? Well, it's been longer than 2 weeks so that'll be $20 please."

"Your book is covered in Newton Rings? We'll fix that right up for ya. Make the check out to CGC."

I just got 11 books back from reholder service and all 11 weren't fixed.  On top of that, They took out the Todd McFarlane and Spawn custom labels I had and replaced them with an odd Spider-Man and Spawn pairing.  The reholder and QC process is actually introducing new errors while completely ignoring the original.  The clock is ticking and I have 2 weeks to solve this problem which is crazy because the books are now worse off than when I started.  I have little faith that CGC can actually fix all 11 books in one single submission and I suspect I will be at this for another 2-3 rounds of resubmission/reholder.  Somebody has to pay for all of this rework.  I guess that explains the price increase?

original_61c2cd8e-149a-4dad-b064-9c9b052a4ccd_PXL_20230427_204829926.jpg

PXL_20230427_204821300.jpg

PXL_20230427_204824836.jpg

On 4/27/2023 at 5:21 PM, LudaToke said:

I just got 11 books back from reholder service and all 11 weren't fixed.  On top of that, They took out the Todd McFarlane and Spawn custom labels I had and replaced them with an odd Spider-Man and Spawn pairing.  The reholder and QC process is actually introducing new errors while completely ignoring the original.  The clock is ticking and I have 2 weeks to solve this problem which is crazy because the books are now worse off than when I started.  I have little faith that CGC can actually fix all 11 books in one single submission and I suspect I will be at this for another 2-3 rounds of resubmission/reholder.  Somebody has to pay for all of this rework.  I guess that explains the price increase?

Spiderman label on a DC book, a Spiderman label on a Spawn book and to top things off a Spawn label on a ASM 300!  looks about right.

On 4/27/2023 at 12:09 PM, Cat said:

On 4/27/2023 at 12:55 PM, bc said:

7jq94q.jpg

-bc

hotdog-running.gif.34c356d42e1361b844ee73de0a279021.gif

On 4/27/2023 at 5:01 PM, kenaran said:

Nice looking 'Second' printing there.

That's what I said to the seller on ebay.

Spoiler

Actually did let them know is was mislabeled by CGC and described the difference between the prints. 

They answer the next morning and ended that listing. 

On 4/28/2023 at 3:35 AM, CGC Mike said:

He is no longer with the company.  We do have a guy who's position is Director of Operational Excellence.  I will be asking him to walk around with me, and we will discuss current procedure on things and I am sure I will have several suggestions for him.  

My sympathies, Mike, as this suddenly explains a lot. 

On 4/27/2023 at 5:21 PM, LudaToke said:

Hopefully they get them done and right before 2024 because honestly it's a joke dealing with ME's.

On 4/27/2023 at 9:47 PM, mattn792 said:

Director of Operational Excellence, or Director of Operational Ennui?

hm

Just working their way through the alphabet.  

They obviously already had 

DOA 

And have now made it up to 

DOE.