• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2023 at 1:34 AM, Douglas Sulipa said:

In February got a Three Box shipment of 65 CGC’s (15 Standard and 50 Fast Track Economy)  that had HEAVY SCUFFING, with Dozens of Tiny Fine SCRATCHES on INNER Well of Holder, 10% to 20% of the Entire inner Holder SCRATCHED UP;  

These CANNOT be Buffed out from Outside; HORRIBLE Quality Control is Not Acceptable to the Majority of Collectors;  

Same issue on a box of 25 Economy from February. 

Pathetic QC and pathetic it's taken TWO months to go through the ME process.

On 4/17/2023 at 9:43 AM, ak47po said:

Remember him.

"I think his name is Gerber..."

But I do agree, at the root, without the extra 12 minutes of padding (boy, he reeeeaaaalllly stretches this one), CGC is inconsistent and not refunding his money is not cool.

Edited by manetteska

On 4/17/2023 at 9:43 AM, ak47po said:

Remember him.

Wish that was txt so I could say too long didn't read.

Not that he didn't have a couple of valid points, but he easily could have cut 99% of that video and added literally anything else and it would have at least been watchable.  

Side note:  that was probably the MOST attention ever even give to that book.

On 4/18/2023 at 12:43 AM, ak47po said:

Remember him.

Dude should NOT have had to manually ask for a refund. That should be automatic. Appalling. 

On 4/14/2023 at 6:39 PM, harojchang said:

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

To be fair... avoiding errors like that would require the ability to read.

Obviously not a requirement for employment.

On 4/17/2023 at 9:16 PM, Sigur Ros said:

To be fair... avoiding errors like that would require the ability to read.

Obviously not a requirement for employment.

FB_IMG_1681760665514.jpg

On 4/18/2023 at 12:48 AM, jokiing said:

Should have a note designating this as a Newsstand edition.

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 9.41.46 PM.png

That was graded last May.  That was before they announced they were going to start adding that to all labels.

It was the competition who was already doing that, not CGC.

On 4/18/2023 at 5:32 AM, Sigur Ros said:
On 4/17/2023 at 11:48 PM, jokiing said:

Should have a note designating this as a Newsstand edition.

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 9.41.46 PM.png

Expand  

That was graded last May.  That was before they announced they were going to start adding that to all labels.

It was the competition who was already doing that, not CGC.

And even then, afaik, cgc only notates copper to modern, so this being bronze age might be another reason why it is not notated.... ??? 

On 4/18/2023 at 11:03 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

And even then, afaik, cgc only notates copper to modern, so this being bronze age might be another reason why it is not notated.... ??? 

bronze definitely gets newsstand notations 

6D4E81EE-FF96-4F43-925F-A042A89DE441.jpeg.0a63c3d0369a1c46b059081439112860.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 4/14/2023 at 10:29 AM, zzutak said:

The seller is always responsible for accurately describing the item being offered for sale.  

If only the production team were responsible for accurately slabbing the book in the first place.

I agree sellers should provide accurate, thorough descriptions but that's really beside the point.

Debris in a case is something only CGC can add (except, of course, for their mag cases which you can basically slide a different magazine inside of).  Seems that debris in a case should be something they just honor.  I assume it's because the large quantities of affected cases would be a tremendous cost to fix.

@CGC Mike well the clowns have done it again... It shipped today and this looks super promising

Label Text
Piece ouf of page 2 & 3, affects story

Not sure why changing the word OUF to OUT on the label notes is so fing hard to do. Cgc has already attempted this twice now and failed. I'll be sending Matt a very nicely worded email. I'm not sure how a book going in for a label update ME can not be checked to see the label update was applied. 

On 4/19/2023 at 11:25 PM, mattn792 said:

They should have been printed with bigger titles.  No way can we expect someone to properly ID those books just by glancing at them.

Is English the issue?

On 4/20/2023 at 10:00 AM, joeypost said:
On 4/19/2023 at 10:25 PM, mattn792 said:

They should have been printed with bigger titles.  No way can we expect someone to properly ID those books just by glancing at them.

Is English the issue?

In a Spanish holder.