• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,152 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2023 at 9:24 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I simply love that!

Yep. Most of us did. Still didn't stop it from now residing in board infamy.

Especially since it was the "official " reply to the price hike that led to the submission form crashing and several users were upset that they couldn't get their books in on the last day/night. :roflmao:

On 5/11/2023 at 10:51 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Especially since it was the "official " reply to the price hike that led to the submission form crashing and several users were upset that they couldn't get their books in on the last day/night. :roflmao:

Total fiasco :insane:

• Administrator
On 5/11/2023 at 10:51 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 5/11/2023 at 10:24 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I simply love that!

I believe that wasn't me?

On 5/11/2023 at 1:54 PM, CGC Mike said:

I believe that wasn't me?

Mike,

Were you already a CGC employee at that time, my memory fails me?

• Administrator
On 5/11/2023 at 1:57 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Mike,

Were you already a CGC employee at that time, my memory fails me?

I started October 2021

On 5/11/2023 at 9:22 PM, Iceman399 said:

I don't always know what day of the year it is... But when I do I know it's not may 28th 2023.

Screenshot_20230511_212104_Facebook.jpg

Plucking signatures from the future is an amazing service, well done CGC

On 5/11/2023 at 9:57 PM, IcedDog said:

Plucking signatures from the future is an amazing service, well done CGC

I honestly don't know how this sort of stuff happens.

I won't tell cgc how to do their job however it's pretty easy to implement a checks and balances for things like this.

Signed on X date.  *ERROR* that date hasn't happened yet are you sure you have the correct date?  Thanks computer!

Just like resto.

Resto includes trimming.  *Error* you've selected Universal holder are you sure that is corrrect? Thanks computer!

But don't worry it won't get past the QC guys!  They catch everything :baiting: 

On 5/11/2023 at 10:03 PM, Iceman399 said:

Signed on X date.  *ERROR* that date hasn't happened yet are you sure you have the correct date?  Thanks computer!

I agree, seems like that should be a relatively easy automated check built in to the label creation process (shrug)

So I sent in an already graded / signed by Starlin 9.6 copy of Batman 423 for the Todd signing.   I got it back as an 8.5, with a color breaking dog ear crease pressed into it by CCS.  It's now an 8.5.    I contacted customer service 2 months ago,  got no reply, contacted again 6 weeks ago and got a reply and was told it was being sent to claims and someone would get back to me.   Nobody has.  Ive sent multiple follow up emails to customer service and every time get told theres "some movement" and someone will get ahold of me.  But still nothing.    This is driving me crazy.   Im not sending anything else in until this gets taken care of but it seems like nobody at CGC really cares.   Is this standard for them with claims?    Ive dealt with a few times in the past and it was always a day or two and it was resolved.  

IMG_1166.JPG

On 5/10/2023 at 10:04 AM, Iceman399 said:

Come on now cgc advertising as if they know what they are doing either. 

Like when they made a 20 ft banner of a hulk 1 cgc 8.0 and it was a Photoshop of a 6.0 book in the holder.  Lol 

That was a banner day....  :foryou:

On 5/11/2023 at 8:57 PM, DaveSFU said:

So I sent in an already graded / signed by Starlin 9.6 copy of Batman 423 for the Todd signing.   I got it back as an 8.5, with a color breaking dog ear crease pressed into it by CCS.  It's now an 8.5.    I contacted customer service 2 months ago,  got no reply, contacted again 6 weeks ago and got a reply and was told it was being sent to claims and someone would get back to me.   Nobody has.  Ive sent multiple follow up emails to customer service and every time get told theres "some movement" and someone will get ahold of me.  But still nothing.    This is driving me crazy.   Im not sending anything else in until this gets taken care of but it seems like nobody at CGC really cares.   Is this standard for them with claims?    Ive dealt with a few times in the past and it was always a day or two and it was resolved.  

200w.gif

• Administrator
On 5/11/2023 at 11:57 PM, DaveSFU said:

IMG_1166.JPG

Send me your e-mail address and mailing address.  I will get you a prepaid shipping label.  The book will be examined by someone from upper management, and we will go from there.