• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,152 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 6/29/2023 at 9:32 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Why is this Qualified?  Verification look-up says Centerfold detached.  Are they not putting the Qualified reason on the label any more? 

Here's a thread about label notation changes.  There might be a few amendments that were in the initial post.

On 6/29/2023 at 10:50 AM, Cat said:

Hell, just pick out a few. First Appearance Of The Decepticons Including Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, for example. 

First Appearance of The Autobots Including Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Prowl, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet, Wheeljack. 

Nope, I gotta have Star Buttocks and Blast Perineum in there as well :shiftyeyes:

On 6/25/2023 at 9:53 AM, Gaard said:

I think it's safe to say that if you use CGC's services, you are a gambling man. Whenever you send them your comics, you're basically rolling the dice.

So from you past experiences how many of your comic books did CGC loose or damage?

The only problem I ever had was 2008-ish registered mail was stolen, but that wasn't CGC's fault.  It never left Sarasota, FL as postal workers stole a bunch of of registered mail.   I had a few damaged books (never lost) over the years, but CGC always gave me fair market credit in those rare instances. Most of those were from shipping damage after they were graded, etc.  Now none were personal comics so I understand those are harder to replace if something goes wrong.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 6/30/2023 at 9:08 PM, joeypost said:

I can’t watch any of them. 

He's nauseating to listen to his repetitive ga ga. And the damage on the bottom of that book does not look like SCBS to me. Just my opinion.

Edited by DR.X

On 6/30/2023 at 4:52 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

well this is interesting …..

same guy from this

It is humorous watching him interact with shop owners and dealers as he demonstrates a total misunderstanding of how things work within the hobby. He's like Baby Huey with disposable income. Surprising that CGC reached out to him though as his Youtube channel is quite small. Of course releasing his private phone conversation with Harshen along with his emails and mailing address is par for the course with this insufficiently_thoughtful_person. 

On 5/23/2023 at 11:25 PM, Nsschenks said:

Just got this in the mail today after waiting eagerly for a couple of months, and…I can only really say I’m wildly disappointed. I’ve had great experiences with subbing to CGC so far, but this was the first time I sent in a book for a signing.

Not only is there a piece of loose plastic in the front and a huge (inch long) piece in the back, but they did not use the window bag I specifically made for this signing. I know this because the signatures were not in the area I specified (it was smaller than the area CGC uses for their own bags but was definitely not tiny by any means)—and because I politely requested silver marker for mine on the window bag painters tape. If it was the color alone I wouldn’t be as upset because I know the artists don’t have to abide by that, but the placement means they didn’t use my bag. And I made absolute sure my window bag was done correctly, including outlining the window in tape, providing an additional bag/board for post-signing, and putting the signing card in the window bag (I checked multiple forums to make sure I was doing it right).

The color and placement isn’t that big of an issue by itself, but that combined with the multiple pieces of plastic in the slab made this a pretty terrible experience. I will contact them tomorrow, but I wanted to put this out here and express my disappointment in a service I paid $200 for expecting a certain degree of quality and professionalism. (*Oh, also newton rings directly over the signatures 🤦🏻‍♂️)

IMG_5516.jpeg

IMG_5517.jpeg

IMG_5518.jpeg

IMG_5519.jpeg

Just following up on this to say at least ME was very quick for me. Sent it back a few days after I posted, and I should be getting it back Monday. I'd heard ME can take forever, so I'm at least grateful that I don't have to wait another 3+ months for this after the initial signing. Here's hoping QC was better this time around....

On 7/10/2023 at 6:18 PM, ak47po said:

The heavier sleeves CGC use to ship slab in needs to change, they are to stiff and cause rubbing in shipping.

Notice the pattern of the wrinkles of the sleeve and scuffs on the slab are the exactly same.:facepalm: Luckily the scuffs buffed out.

001.thumb.jpg.8bab9c7817d665d128bd6172a54450db.jpg003.thumb.jpg.dae59db88e57ddf157c96c15be88d268.jpg002.thumb.jpg.c21ca7d4891b6e2f7843ec58044472ae.jpg

Did they charge you an extra 4% for the custom SleeveSignsTM ?

-bc