• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,137 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2024 at 8:17 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am sorry this has happened to you. When you send it back as a ME,  please send me the tracking number, packing slip number and a copy of your entire post above.   Write on the packing slip that it needs to be pressed again seems it has light creasing, regraded and placed in a yellow label holder.  I will try to get someone to double check on this through the process.

Thanks very much @CGC Mike - will do!

On 1/18/2024 at 9:50 PM, DR.X said:

this is ridiculous, seriously. whoever is letting this stuff out like this, should be terminated on on the spot. they obviously are running low on brain cells.

And then someone will come by and say this only happens a tiny fraction of the time. Well then explain this. What are the odds of it happening twice to the same guy sending them back? And we have examples of it taking more than two submissions. Must be the unluckiest people alive. 

On 1/18/2024 at 8:54 PM, wombat said:
On 1/18/2024 at 8:50 PM, DR.X said:

this is ridiculous, seriously. whoever is letting this stuff out like this, should be terminated on on the spot. they obviously are running low on brain cells.

And then someone will come by and say this only happens a tiny fraction of the time. Well then explain this. What are the odds of it happening twice to the same guy sending them back? And we have examples of it taking more than two submissions. Must be the unluckiest people alive. 

And how much is this happening to people who are not even on these boards? I don't get it.

Quality Control Training Pamphlet?

1. How to tell the front cover from the back cover?

2. This is how you spell " X-Men. This is how you spell " Spider-Man"?

On 1/18/2024 at 8:50 PM, DR.X said:

These are also a brand new batch of ordered X-Men labels as there was a delay with slabbing for about a week until they arrived. So this just wastes company resources, employee time, and money for ME shipment costs. This waste is something I surprised hasn't been clamped down on in the name of lean cost cutting.

On 1/19/2024 at 12:43 AM, DougC said:

These are also a brand new batch of ordered X-Men labels as there was a delay with slabbing for about a week until they arrived. So this just wastes company resources, employee time, and money for ME shipment costs. This waste is something I surprised hasn't been clamped down on in the name of lean cost cutting.

I'm guessing its way cheaper to pay to fix these mistakes than it is to catch them in the first place. 

On 1/19/2024 at 2:07 AM, wombat said:

I'm guessing its way cheaper to pay to fix these mistakes than it is to catch them in the first place. 

And there it is. "Money over quality" - such a fine mantra for a company.

Adding this one for the record - missing the character name in the label - again, even a basic check between the label and the book was skipped during 'Quality Control'

image.thumb.jpeg.253e5d2722ef924d3139ea004d3cef07.jpeg

On 1/18/2024 at 6:50 PM, DR.X said:

Funny, there's someone over in the label swap thread arguing the notion that the reholder staff is too incompetent to catch a case that's been fiddled with is inconceivable.  

Sure about that?

On 1/18/2024 at 7:58 PM, DR.X said:

And how much is this happening to people who are not even on these boards? I don't get it.

Quality Control Training Pamphlet?

1. How to tell the front cover from the back cover?

2. This is how you spell " X-Men. This is how you spell " Spider-Man"?

What I want to know is why people are still submitting comics, especially if they know about the issues CGC has nowadays.  That grape kool-aid must taste really good...:whistle:

Oh Yeah!!!.jpeg

On 1/11/2024 at 2:04 PM, dbcn said:

totally @wombat - if CGC is just spot checking due to being overwhelmed and not having the ability to scale, it'd probably be cheaper for them to just skip the QC step entirely - they'd get an increased percentage of MEs, but their turn around time would decrease by a huge amount. I have books that have been in G/QC for over a month.

Who's to say they haven't already done that? (shrug)

On 1/18/2024 at 9:37 PM, wombat said:

image.png.5f589c8624102e48b16280d3224e786c.png

Has anyone ever wondered how this stuff even gets to QC in the first place? Upside down books, backwards books, wrong labels, etc, etc, ... how does this kind of stuff happen in the first place, even before it gets to QC?