• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2021 at 3:17 PM, chrisco37 said:

Received this today.  I know it’s a tear, but they could’ve at least folded it back into place.  Make it look “better”.

762019A3-1609-4DA9-A1A9-D7F167FEDFA9.jpeg

:facepalm:

On 10/12/2021 at 4:17 PM, chrisco37 said:

Received this today.  I know it’s a tear, but they could’ve at least folded it back into place.  Make it look “better”.

I have had a few books, where the paper was a bit dry, and when I tried to fold a corner back over, it came off.  (shrug)

most of the damage is the same-a smashed corner.  Several books in one submission with the same dent-its as if somone is shoving a pile of books at a wall prior to slabbing.  And then QC doesnt notice.  This is all speculation on my part.

On 10/12/2021 at 2:17 PM, chrisco37 said:

guess the book folks!

On 10/12/2021 at 3:17 PM, chrisco37 said:

On 10/12/2021 at 8:47 PM, kav said:

guess the book folks!

ASM 11.

I have the book and it still took me a little research to figure it out.

On 10/12/2021 at 4:17 PM, chrisco37 said:

This one isn't really a QA problem. Longstanding slabbing policy has been to not fold down tears and flaps and the like if there's any realistic chance of losing the fragment by doing so. With a piece that small, and those page edges kinda beige... I wouldn't have expected them to risk fragmentation for the sake of appearance.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:03 AM, Qalyar said:

This one isn't really a QA problem. Longstanding slabbing policy has been to not fold down tears and flaps and the like if there's any realistic chance of losing the fragment by doing so. With a piece that small, and those page edges kinda beige... I wouldn't have expected them to risk fragmentation for the sake of appearance.

Interesting.  I'd never heard that (or don't remember hearing it) and I've been around forever. (Sorta) makes sense.

PQ on this book was OW/W, so I know they didn't consider the pages "fragile".  It is a very small fragment.  I still would have tried to fold it back.  But, if that's the policy, so be it.  

Thanks for the insight.  

On 10/8/2021 at 12:53 AM, wombat said:

So Jennifer is admitting they have completely incompetent QC people. At least we got that settled. 

Meaming the slabs go THROUGH quality control, they don't STOP there before being shipped out.. :pullhair:

On 10/13/2021 at 5:59 PM, Iceman399 said:

Not a clue they posted it on instagram/fb and comments have been very kind especially in regards to scratched cases and QC issues.

They must have an awesome social media handler. 26 comments, all irrelevant or praising the signing

On 10/13/2021 at 7:59 PM, Iceman399 said:

Not a clue they posted it on instagram/fb and comments have been very kind especially in regards to scratched cases and QC issues.

There are people saying it's a photoshop picture that they created for fun. He's not actually laying on any books. (shrug)