• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2021 at 9:37 AM, Poekaymon said:

I understand the issue.  I was only responding to the person who asked why they don't come here and respond to these threads.  They could come type something like: "We understand your frustration and are working to address your concerns.  Please note that the errors reflected in this thread are exceedingly rare and represent a sample size of lower than .__% of all submissions.  However, we will continue to strive for 100% accuracy, and are constantly seeking out additional talent and refining our internal protocols to meet that goal.  As always, if you experience any issues with your submissions, kindly contact our customer service department for a prompt resolution.  Thank you."  But the angry people wouldn't believe it and the rest don't care, so it just seems irrelevant.      

Anyway, probably just be cognizant of the fact that mistakes happen and plan accordingly.  (ie, don't send different printings of the same high-value book in the same submission.)    

If they actually came out and said that it would be a step in the right direction. 

On 8/30/2021 at 6:01 PM, Poekaymon said:

This is perhaps the only board I've ever seen that uses reaction pics from people like Johnny Carson and Clint Eastwood.  What's next, Victor Borge? :bigsmile:

vb3.png.19a6e33cd9d4ad16b7f72897dd21a400.png

On 8/19/2021 at 2:18 PM, Juno Beach said:

I have to say what surprises me the most is no comments from CGC in this thread. It looks like there are major problems with nothing but silence from them?

There's almost always silence when it comes to major problems. The silence seems to say "Tough Toenails. We have no immediate plans to mitigate or attenuate. Just keep sending your books and rolling your dice."

On 9/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, vheflin said:

:facepalm:

Since CGC is so swamped, they recruited team members from ASG (Blackstone partner company Authenticated Stamp Guaranty) to help out. Since the only collectible stamp nowadays is the Upside Down Jenny, that they don't know which way is up.

image.png.0584af8f62e2272647d6cfcf6a38fe2d.png