• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2021 at 12:59 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

I’ve only had this slab for 24 hours but I’m thinking I should email to request a mechanical error redo on the holder. The scuffing that is all over the place is horrible. I may air quotes sleep on it another night. Maybe the black glossy cover makes the scuffing look worse than it actually is. 

Sorry to see this!  I know you were really excited about this book.  Definitely get it made right!

On 10/21/2021 at 7:28 PM, Iconic1s said:

Sorry to see this!  I know you were really excited about this book.  Definitely get it made right!

Thank you. I also need the let them know that the inner well trey used is too small for the book. The indented part the book fits into is more of a fit for a book that would be the thickness of Adventures of Superman #500. I need an inner well that can accommodate and book with the thickness of say, The Death of Superman TPB Platinum Edition. I worry if the book should shift in the holder during transit that the foil on the embossed logo might scratch. 

Back in the box for the Dracula book!

image.gif.1f73f3237c4e909aacb34662c42acb64.gif

And just to be really dramatic…

image.gif.bb29b65f1e6eba82bb53f4f70a885fab.gif

“The holder looks terrible!” 

On 10/21/2021 at 10:04 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Thank you. I also need the let them know that the inner well trey used is too small for the book. The indented part the book fits into is more of a fit for a book that would be the thickness of Adventures of Superman #500. I need an inner well that can accommodate and book with the thickness of say, The Death of Superman TPB Platinum Edition.

Hardcover or soft ?

On 10/22/2021 at 8:27 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Softcover

Yea, I assumed.  Guess I should have winked.  ;)

How many different well depths do they have?   I know there are reg books and Graphic Novels/thinTPBs, but anything more than that ?

On 10/22/2021 at 7:52 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Yea, I assumed.  Guess I should have winked.  ;)

How many different well depths do they have?   I know there are reg books and Graphic Novels/thinTPBs, but anything more than that ?

Biggest case I have seen so far  measures roughly 14" x 9.5" x 1"

20211022_200224.thumb.jpg.f3aa9b31f915bdd29a4888a1f9c30408.jpg20211022_200243.thumb.jpg.911367e7483ca883eb76cc14d22cae08.jpg20211022_200308.thumb.jpg.589b4e8da79c57c19609d7371a9d4a7b.jpg

On 10/22/2021 at 8:39 PM, Dr. Dank said:

And I thought the magazine cases were big

I know . I was shocked when these first came in as I sent 4 of them to CGC a few of the cases got cracked in return and had to go back, but they got them all fixed. These things are BIG..  Like Grade the old JC Penny Christmas Catalog Big.. 

On 10/22/2021 at 6:46 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I know . I was shocked when these first came in as I sent 4 of them to CGC a few of the cases got cracked in return and had to go back, but they got them all fixed. These things are BIG..  Like Grade the old JC Penny Christmas Catalog Big.. 

Makes me wonder if I should try submitting my Weapon X TPB in for grading

On 10/22/2021 at 8:58 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Isn't there something about them not doing hardcovers as well?

Yes. I do believe they will not grade Hardcovers as it could more easily break the cases. (Especially the larger ones I gave example of above) the definitely seem thinner than the other cases. 

On 10/22/2021 at 9:46 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Hmm... I do have a phone book that seems nm....