• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2022 at 11:10 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Apparently sellers are adding this to listings on eBay hm

image.thumb.png.d58c7b5c6818eba65af387f851c4e265.png

This is why there are so many "less than" slabs floating around.

If CGC sends YOU a slab with debris inside...SEND IT BACK TO CGC...dont try and sell it to us.

On 1/8/2022 at 5:41 PM, grendelbo said:
On 1/8/2022 at 5:19 PM, Gary Strange said:

Just cracked open a Bronze Age slab and no micro chamber paper. Did they stop using it or some get lazy??

It's been a while since I've seen one in a cracked slab.

I haven't really paid attention to what era of slabs have what microchamber paper, however, some books have two, some books have one, some books have none. I will try to pay attention when I get cracking again.

I did notice that in the newer slabs, they've started putting the microchamber a page or two into the book on Silver Age DC, rather than between the covers and the first/last interior pages. I'm guessing they made that change so that they stopped popping the staples out on the DC books during encapsulation.

It really is a shame that debris in your case has become commonplace. It's more of a shame that it's been going on for so long. It seems like, to me anyway, that the longer these QC issues go on, the more certain we can be that CGC just doesn't give a rats ...

On 1/9/2022 at 4:36 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

I submitted this bunch of ultra-oddball FFs. What are the odds they come back correct? :wishluck:  Especially the 351 and 355, they are tricky.

205745133_CGCOrder.thumb.jpg.7ec38e715541cf414effaa29fd49b55d.jpg

Are they all in the database already? If so, the odds are in your favor. If not, then when they are checked in, the receiving department will load them into the CGC processing database with ... whatever they want. Usually, that means the book you submitted without the variant information, or, for books that aren't in the database at all, whatever shows up first on autocomplete when they type in a few letters. The chances you get correctly labeled books then drops starkly, for some reason.

My last two shipments have both had books with defective labels for this reason. One, a second printing that wasn't previously graded (so was listed without the second printing line by receiving), and one a book that had never been recorded by CGC before that was labeled as something completely different through the power of autocomplete fields. The first one was obscure enough that I considered it almost excusable that grading didn't catch there was a second edition to distinguish; the latter is proof that the receiving process is very, very broken.

On 1/10/2022 at 2:37 PM, Qalyar said:

Are they all in the database already? If so, the odds are in your favor. If not, then when they are checked in, the receiving department will load them into the CGC processing database with ... whatever they want. Usually, that means the book you submitted without the variant information, or, for books that aren't in the database at all, whatever shows up first on autocomplete when they type in a few letters. The chances you get correctly labeled books then drops starkly, for some reason.

My last two shipments have both had books with defective labels for this reason. One, a second printing that wasn't previously graded (so was listed without the second printing line by receiving), and one a book that had never been recorded by CGC before that was labeled as something completely different through the power of autocomplete fields. The first one was obscure enough that I considered it almost excusable that grading didn't catch there was a second edition to distinguish; the latter is proof that the receiving process is very, very broken.

Well, it looks like receiving got it correct - the pic is from my tracking page. If I remember correctly, all the books had at least 1 book in the census, but some were very tough to locate.  I guess the odds are in my favor, unless things can change in the middle of the process.

On 1/12/2022 at 2:52 PM, Ares said:

The warehouse of a company called PrettyLittleThing in Sheffield UK

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/10423377/black-friday-prettylittlethings-warehouse/

Sellers of the clothes of choice for the skanks of the world. (thumbsu