• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2014 What Did You Get In The Forums Holiday Gift Exchange?

267 posts in this topic

Peter Palmer hit it like a womprat from my T-16! :applause:

Here's what he laid on me:

Hardcover collection of The Star Wars series from Dark Horse based on the original George Lucas -script - this was perfect because I only picked up the first three issues and now can finish reading it.

My kids were getting a huge kick out of the Marvel Comics car decal kit. these will be going on my new car.

And finally there was a conspiracy against me, but unlike the past ones this was actually done out of kindness through a collaboration between the one and only Dr. Balls and Palmer: a very cool piece of wall art showing a variant cover for the upcoming Star Wars series from Marvel! I ordered a few copies of this book and it was very cool opening up the gift and finding this in there!

You outdid yourself Adam! Thank you for that and the very kind card you sent. (worship)

That wall art was tricky. At the time, they hadn't released what the final cover would look like...only the art (no logo). I had an idea of doing a mock up of it. I ran the idea by Dr. Balls and he just took off with it. Dr. Balls was great to work with and I couldn't have done it without him.

I'm glad you like it, Royce. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

-Adam

It was very thoughtful and thanks for going the extra mile! That wall art will go with me to every show I set up at and will be in the man cave when I'm not. I'm reading that Star Wars hardcover right now. :applause:

Tons of Flash and Adam Strange!!

bplvYk.jpg

Every issue of The Flash is much nicer than the ones I have, so it's a big pile of upgrades. and I don't have any of the Adam Strange Adventures.

Thanks Tony S!! (worship)

Glad you liked them Dan! :whee:

My Christmas exchange gift from Andrew (1Cool).

Thanks Andrew. I really like the gift exchange because it gives me the ability to do what I like best. Live, breathe, and talk about comics. Honestly I would have appreciated anything but I really like my package this year. The grades on these are awesome. Bat 244 has a pretty decent grade from what I can tell which is making me feel a little guilty :facepalm: .

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday season.

Tony

Christmas%2BExchange%2B2014.JPG

Glad you enjoyed them. This is my first time being a secret Santa and I was a little worried id send you stuff you already had. Merry Christmas!

huge thanks to thunsicker and his elves who absolutely nailed it. two archie hardcovers, a stack of archie readers AND an amazing piece of dan parent OA....speechless

photo1.jpg

Love that Betty Mary Marvel sketch. :luhv:

My Santa got me a Green Lantern V4 Issue one in 9.8

Its a nice upgrade from my 9.6.

unfortunately my SS didn't put his board name and if he did I accidentally threw away the mailing label.

Thanks Santa

My SS was AlexH. He got me some things on my list and some not. Looks like he did a fair share of research and put some good thinking into the gift selection. All in all, a great gift. Thank you Alex! (thumbs u

Nova Classic TPB - always been one of my favorite characters since he first came out. I was too young to see Spidey start, so, Nova was my "Spidey".

The Mighty Thor Marvel Masterworks vol. 1 - Another favorite, will v\be great to read those old stories again.

The Skeleton Hand Collected Works - issues 1-6 - never heard of this before. It looks extremely cool and looking forward to reading it.

Thor Toon Tumbler - I shall drink many meads and ales from it.

Batman Manga - They printed the damn thing backwards ( :jokealert: ). Gonna be a fun time to read it without reverting to the proper reading direction and forget where I am at.

and

a bunch of Halloween ashcans (not pictured) - these are always great to add to my stash:

- Casper/Little Lulu

- Archie & Friends All-Stars: Betty Cooper Confidential

- Archie & Friends All-Stars: Archie The Dawn of Time

-Betty & Veronica Halloween Comicfest

-Popeye: Popeye vs. The Ghost

-Nancy/Melvin Ha Ha Ha Halloween Treat

-Hot Stuff The Little Devil

-Bone

-Toy Story

-Peanuts halloween

DSC00015_zps9ea5119d.jpg

DSC00022_zps471ba1f3.jpg

CGCSScomics.jpg

I've had a bit of a rough Christmas this year and am ending 2014 on crutches. I suck at crutches. However, I have finally found a good use for them: displaying AWESOME silvery, bronzey DC goodness!

My shelves are especially thin when it comes to Batman, so imagine my delight when I opened this incredible box of goodies from zuckuss2003! This was the best present I got under the tree this year! So take that crutches! I can put my foot up and read -- just like the doctor ordered. And there may even be a new article in the CGC newsletter in these gorgeous bats!

-- Joanna

I was excited to open up the package so I may have shredded it open with a little frustration only to turn it over and see this...

20141225_202737_zpsac3bb1a3.jpeg

So I don't get points for paying attention and prefer to do things the hard way lol

Inside was the following loot!

20141225_202746_zps7f0bcd3c.jpeg

I basically just asked for some good stuff to read and it's probably not stuff I would have picked for myself but I'm looking forward to going through it all.

Edit - Thanks MetalPSI!

I was excited to open up the package so I may have shredded it open with a little frustration only to turn it over and see this...

So I don't get points for paying attention and prefer to do things the hard way lol

I basically just asked for some good stuff to read and it's probably not stuff I would have picked for myself but I'm looking forward to going through it all. Thanks SS!

Youre very much welcome Cascaders. I had a tough time with your selection, but a fellow boardie helped me out ;)

Wish you some good reading! :D

huge thanks to thunsicker and his elves who absolutely nailed it. two archie hardcovers, a stack of archie readers AND an amazing piece of dan parent OA....speechless

photo1.jpg

Hey, glad you liked it. I lucked out that I got you. I had the Betty as Mary Marvel sketch from a charity thread (there was another sketch in that that I really wanted) and knew our own 143ksk who pointed me in the right direction for the hard covers and had some duplicate lower grade Archies I could throw in.

For whomever sent me my stuff I appologize, I forgot to bring them down on vacation with me and will have to open them Sunday when I get back to the twin cities.

Hope everyone had a Merry Merryweather holiday!!! smiley-greet004.gif

Here's my Secret Santa 2014 photo series:

(Note: I've wrapped these in spoiler tags to maintain the illusion of secrecy)... smiley-gata.gif

Image1_zps36f1c01a.jpg

Image2_zps0141103d.jpg

CGCSecretSanta2014_zpsa9b7d431.jpg

4ea3ab73-b060-4aa9-9e99-b3587b1d8526_zpsdeb48e0c.jpg

Image6_zps15a556d5.jpg

Missing from these scans, but not forgotten, is a kewl Captain America shield keychain! ca.gif

Thumbs up & many thanks, JazzMan! smiley-greet005.gif

I basically just asked for some good stuff to read and it's probably not stuff I would have picked for myself but I'm looking forward to going through it all.

Edit - Thanks MetalPSI!

lol

It did say 'Ho Ho Peel' all around.

:baiting:

:foryou:

I would like to send out a huge thanks to maloney414. If there was a rating higher than 5 stars, that's what Dave would get for his nice gifts. He also took the time to write me a page and a half, explaining each gift, and why he chose them. Check it out!

mysecretsantagifts002.jpg

Kingdom Come TPB

christmas024.jpg

HC copy of The Book of Lies Novel by comic writer Brad Meltzer.

christmas026.jpg

An introduction to Dave's collecting focus. A HC copy of Invincible ultimate collection Vol. 1.

christmas028.jpg

And the jackpot is this fantastic OA done by Chris Conidis, with watercolor and acrylic paints. (worship) This baby is going on the wall. :whee:

christmas029.jpg

Thank you to my SS Enrico

b4355ba469cc8a073ed414c0d693e983.jpg

dc7b894cbc79d044a03f8a2f24c802db.jpg

753156620faa20152e2f6b498a5e156b.jpg

Not everything is in the pictures. Got some Disney ornaments and another T-Shirt.

It was real fun opening it all. You know you'll get comic related stuff, but there is still the surprise factor as you don't know what it will be. The other fun part is that while some stuff really fits in my collection, other stuff is something I normally would not pick up. Like the Hulk book, and let that be the one that excited me the most when I opened the gifts. (I guess I watched that show to much as a kid :grin:)

I had real fun and will be back next year. Thank you again Enrico and happy holidays!

I hope my gifts made somebody happy too.

Glad you liked it. :)

Merry Christmas to every boardie :)

Secret Santa found my wheelhouse! :whee:

p><p> Thank you Jon! (Smithdatura) The Two-Gun 57 and FF are especially knockouts! That 2 gun really classes up my Kirby westerns! Officially the nicest comic-related x-mas gift I

:foryou:

Hope I was able to add some Kirby stuff that you didn't already have to the collection, Jack! :foryou:

I've been travelling and will only get to my P.O. Box on the weekend to finally get my my SS gift... Can't wait!

Hope everyone had and is having a great holiday!!!

from hdiddy8706

erhhAQhm.png1muLEGwm.png

Thanks David!

My awesome SS presents from Mangbus! Thanks a lot buddy. I know I saw that sketch somewhere on the boards before and loved it. :applause: It will be displayed this week :)

jrcg3c.jpg

Danny Haas is the artist of the Fett. He's a friend of mine and has done some great art for me over the years. Glad to have been able to share one with you.

CGCSScomics.jpg

I've had a bit of a rough Christmas this year and am ending 2014 on crutches. I suck at crutches. However, I have finally found a good use for them: displaying AWESOME silvery, bronzey DC goodness!

My shelves are especially thin when it comes to Batman, so imagine my delight when I opened this incredible box of goodies from zuckuss2003! This was the best present I got under the tree this year! So take that crutches! I can put my foot up and read -- just like the doctor ordered. And there may even be a new article in the CGC newsletter in these gorgeous bats!

-- Joanna

Sorry to hear about the crutches but glad you love the comics! Here's to a great 2015 Joanna!

[*]SS_zps52ee334a.jpg

This is what I got from my SS (SlackJawComics) Marvel Masterworks The X-Men volume 1 & 2 and The Marvel Encyclopedia and The DC Comics Encyclopedia. Thanks again Chris

My Christmas exchange gift from Andrew (1Cool).

Thanks Andrew. I really like the gift exchange because it gives me the ability to do what I like best. Live, breathe, and talk about comics. Honestly I would have appreciated anything but I really like my package this year. The grades on these are awesome. Bat 244 has a pretty decent grade from what I can tell which is making me feel a little guilty :facepalm: .

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday season.

Tony

Christmas%2BExchange%2B2014.JPG

Glad you enjoyed them. This is my first time being a secret Santa and I was a little worried id send you stuff you already had. Merry Christmas!

I know the feeling. You did well. I hope your Santa gave you some goodies also.