• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

Ya, no, I think this guy is really overthinking things.

This Guy Just Changed The Way We See Star Wars. Mind Blown.

http://www.tickld.com/x/jaw/this-guy-just-changed-the-way-we-see-star-wars-jar-jar?utm_content=inf_4_93_2&utm_source=tickld&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=contentse&ts_pid=2#page-1

Well, there certainly is something to it, but I think it's probably limited to early ideas from Lucas's head that never made it too far into development. You could argue that the groundwork laid in Episode I could have lead to such a plot twist, but Episode II would have had to focus significantly more on Jar Jar, and really, he served a logical purpose by the end of Episode III (awarding emergency powers to Palpatine seemingly due to his utter naivety).

I would love for this to work out, but I don't think this is a plot thread that could be redeemed at any point.

I remember a spoiler thread at the Force.net around 2001 that was titled

Jar Jar is a dark Jedi spy

Terminally Ill man saw SWE7!! I am so happy for him

May the Force be with him and his family!

Good on Disney and JJ's part. I think this goes a long way in creating good will towards the fans. I'm willing to bet that the guy had to sign a lot of legal stuff promising not to spoil anything on the web. lol

Yea right?! lol

And he saw an un-edited version, maybe things we may never see untill the re-re-re-re-re-release.

From Facebook...Daniel put up an amazing fight to the very end. He is now one with God and with the force. He passed in his sleep and in peace. He will always be my idol and my hero. Please hug uncle Marc for me and give Lucy lots of kisses. Rest in peace my love.

RIP Daniel :sorry:

Someone posted this in on a SW FB page, and I thought it was the coolest thing someone made for a stranger. Mad respect. I'm sorry but this really just hits home with me, to know someone had that much passion for SW and his last wish was to see the new SW and be with his family. So cool!!!

:headbang: RIP

12239982_1003393536369482_7941781888446875531_n_zpsjliwgm20.jpg

Looks like JJ is in trouble....

star-wars-the-force-awakens-jj-abrams-600x400.jpg

...For the last time, I have no DROIDS!

Judging by the distance between them, there's no way that stormtrooper would be able to shoot JJ.

:applause:

Seeing as how JJ is holding a "stealth" blaster in his hands, I'd say the Stormtrooper is the one in trouble.

NICE! I like where they are going with Snoke.

http://indierevolver.com/2015/11/10/ir-exclusive-an-early-version-of-supreme-leader-snoke-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

IR Exclusive: An Early Version of Supreme Leader Snoke From ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’

Hmmm.... Could be a very old Jar Jar. hm

I know, I know, feel free to yell at me lol

I know Disney/Marvel said all the Darkhorse comics are basically trash now but is it just me or is this movie looking a little like Dark Empire?

Lei and Hans have Twins

All we need is the Emperor to come back at the end of the movie and say:

"I told you I could cheat death."

Why as I am getting older do I wish the Empire actually won and Darth Vader was still alive killing disobedient Jedi's and societies alike.

It could have to be stemming from I don't believe in Democracy and people should be ruled and controlled by a New World Order. hm

good-good-let-the-dark-side-flow-through-you.jpg

Why as I am getting older do I wish the Empire actually won and Darth Vader was still alive killing disobedient Jedi's and societies alike.

It could have to be stemming from I don't believe in Democracy and people should be ruled and controlled by a New World Order. hm

I just assumed from your username that you were a big fan of Hulk Hogan. (shrug)

I just assumed from your username that you were a big fan of Hulk Hogan. (shrug)

Not a fan of Hulk Hogan....more so Nash and Hall.

If I had the choice between the Darkside and the light.

Darkside without hesitation.

Not sure if it means anything, but I remember the movie novelizations being available (at least in hardback) prior to the movie releases for the prequels.

According to Amazon.com, there won't be a novelization of The Force Awakens available until January 5, 2016, but they will have the Kindle version available on Dec. 18th concurrent with the movie.

That seems to imply there are some secrets they still don't want known until the big screen. hm

Every single time I watch a trailer, I get excited about the movie. I can't help it. After years of waiting and the prequels not measuring up to expectation, I believe this film will pay off.

I share this sentiment completely. I'm very excited.

"Nothing will stand in our way. I'll show them the Dark Side"

Kylo Ren

:headbang:

(I can't get enough)

Is that actual dialogue from the film, because I didn't hear that in any of the trailers?