• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2022 at 8:57 AM, mmtz said:

Kirk:

Thanks for the missing images. I've updated my DC Comics Collector's Pack web page at https://www.startrekcomics.info/art/dccomicscollpacks.html

A few years ago I posted photos in this thread of the Star Trek comics logo variants found in collector's packs but the links are stale. You can see them at https://www.startrekcomics.info/art/dc2logo.html and https://www.startrekcomics.info/art/dc2tosall.html

I'm also trying to document DC Star Trek comics in multi-packs https://www.startrekcomics.info/art/multipacks-dc.html

Star Trek comics are only a very small part of the DC Universe logo variants world, but the conversations in this thread helped me find them.

Thanks

Wow!  I've just begun to explore your site but I have to say that it is truly AMAZING!  Wonderful work on it!

On 2/18/2023 at 8:18 PM, L.E. Gill said:

It's been a while since I've managed to post here, but I'll have a few interesting things to share soon.  I've picked up a lot of random DCUs lately, mostly cheap, and mostly common or lower grade.  But recently I ran into a few harder ones.  @onlyweaknesskryptonite had previously hooked me up with a great copy of Power of Shazam #12, but when I ran across these I had to get them.  I am most excited about the Justice League Task Force since it was one I didn't have yet, and the Animaniacs #4 as an upgrade to my low grade copy.

20230218_194338.thumb.jpg.a4ca362753f7d02e00b3a4c55d24ee03.jpg

20230218_192738.thumb.jpg.95148383aa9594428bb1ec3357d8e092.jpg

But the most exciting was finding this little surprise:

20230218_192847.thumb.jpg.d1fe6966cce2576ea65ecf155a68aee7.jpg

I posted more about this Batman & Robin Adventures #11 Bat multipack variant in the other thread.  Anyone ever found it in the wild before?

I'm loving the Shazam Covers! If it were Alex Ross I'd suggest sending for the signing, possibly, and yet you'd need be determined.

On 2/19/2023 at 3:02 PM, Parallax2025 said:

I wonder if the Power of Shazam TPB has any used or unused DCU covers in it like Wonder Woman : The Contest does. 

I've wondered that too, but haven't had the means to check.   I asked an eBay seller once if the Wonder Woman TPB The Challenge (with Artemis issues following from the Contest) had cover art inside and they said no.  I believe at some point the TPBs might have been printed without the cover art in between each story but I don't have confirmation of that.  Maybe if any boardies have some of the TPBs collecting the common storylines that came out with DCU covers they could check.  I think The Contest was published in February 1995 so perhaps TPBs from early to mid 1995 would be the best place to start.  Most of the Batman Collector Sets with DCUs in them were copyrighted 1996 so I am guessing DC was feeling out the merits of a TPB versus collector sets.

On 2/19/2023 at 4:02 PM, Parallax2025 said:

I wonder if the Power of Shazam TPB has any used or unused DCU covers in it like Wonder Woman : The Contest does. 

The Power of Shazam TPB is JUST the graphic novel that was published before the series and does not contain any issues of the comic book series.

On 9/15/2021 at 1:56 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Also another one I have been after since I first saw them in the 1994 JC Penny wish book  as I had speculated they contained DC Universe Logo comics. :gossip: They do. Although none are really hard to find the set is and wish I found a sealed set but I have only seen that once and wasn't going to spend $200 on it. Here was the one I saw sealed .

20210915_133730.jpg

@onlyweaknesskryptonite once posted about a JC Penny WIshbook comic set that included DCUs from 1994.  For whatever it is worth, the poster included in that set appears identical to the poster included in the September 1994 collector's pack (had a mix of Zero Hour and DCU variants).