• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2022 at 10:20 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

I have never seen the Steel 23, and the experts that I know have never seen it either.  In an email to me circa 2015, the godfather of DCU variants (Jerome Wenker) listed Steel 23 as questionable.

Not sure what it says about me, but I am almost as excited (relieved?) about being able to mentally table some of these questonable DCUs as unlikely as I have been when someone posts a new one that's never been seen before.

On 6/26/2022 at 11:22 PM, L.E. Gill said:

Not sure what it says about me, but I am almost as excited (relieved?) about being able to mentally table some of these questonable DCUs as unlikely as I have been when someone posts a new one that's never been seen before.

:devil:

:cool:

On 7/10/2022 at 2:28 PM, djzombi said:

Also posted in the Death/Reign of Superman/men thread, but also of interest to fans of the DCU Variants!  Thank you, @revat for giving me something new to hunt for now that my want list to complete runs is nearly finished  :P  

I was pretty psyched to find these in the 50-cent bins.  
Man of Steel #20 2nd print
Superman #77 2nd print
Adv. of Superman #498 4th

20220710_150730.jpg

:applause:Well done. 

On 7/10/2022 at 2:28 PM, djzombi said:

Also posted in the Death/Reign of Superman/men thread, but also of interest to fans of the DCU Variants!  Thank you, @revat for giving me something new to hunt for now that my want list to complete runs is nearly finished  :P  

I was pretty psyched to find these in the 50-cent bins.  
Man of Steel #20 2nd print
Superman #77 2nd print
Adv. of Superman #498 4th

20220710_150730.jpg

You want a real challenge go after Marvel 30 and 35 cent variants. 
This is like a warm up to them.

On 7/10/2022 at 10:37 PM, fastballspecial said:

The rarest of the DCU books at least seem to be scarcer than the 30c books generally are; a full run of the 35s remains, um, daunting however.

On 7/10/2022 at 11:37 PM, fastballspecial said:

A bit rich for my tastes!  SW #1 and IF #14 especially!  Forget it!  LOL
I do have two 35-cent variants, though, in really beat up shape.  One is a Howard the Duck, the other is Captain Marvel (or is it Iron Man?).  I got them for super cheap due to condition, but I had to have them for the sheer novelty.  

On 7/13/2022 at 3:18 PM, djzombi said:

A bit rich for my tastes!  SW #1 and IF #14 especially!  Forget it!  LOL
I do have two 35-cent variants, though, in really beat up shape.  One is a Howard the Duck, the other is Captain Marvel (or is it Iron Man?).  I got them for super cheap due to condition, but I had to have them for the sheer novelty.  

yeah they are more expensive now then they used to be. That being said you can still find DCUs for nothing.