• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAK Random Acts of Kindness

818 posts in this topic

How can someone be a donkey in this thread? There's no onus to give once you have taken. Its pure giving with no strings attached. I don't get it. Even if someone takes like 10 items that sat and no one else wanted them-how is that bad?

Kav, again...please read what I posted earlier.

How can someone be a donkey??

Easy.

:takeit::takeit::takeit::whee::takeit::banana::takeit::takeit:

Is that better than no takers no takers no takers :whee: no takers no takers?

Sure.

If someone offers up junk repeatedly that no one wants only to give the appearance that they are generous, why would you want a donkey to encourage that behavior and bog down the thread.

And I'm really concerned about those donkeys who are quick on the draw and lurking in the shadows waiting for great offerings so they can snatch them up.

Or maybe we just agree to disagree and you don't think donkeys exist. (shrug)

Well if someone is snatching things up that would be bad but if they are items that are sitting for a long time then I think its ok. Giving makes people feel good and having an item that no one takes is a bit of a downer is all I'm saying

SPOILER ALERT

good items sitting for a long period of time were never and will never be an issue with these threads.

Some pretty cool RAKs still sit unclaimed in the Giving Tree...

I kind of feel like threads like these aren't needed. If you want to give something away...

Go in the "for sale" forum and post first to take it gets it free.

Done.

I kind of feel like threads like these aren't needed. If you want to give something away...

Done.

Another good suggestion :)

Actually, I like something in comics general because there are people who live in the retail side and never ever set foot in here to share with the community.

I wouldn't feel good giving something away to someone like that

Done.

these threads do build community and friendships. i don't think you'd get that in a for sale thread. these can be good things.

Kav, you are extremely vocal and opinionated when this thread and The Tree were started but not in PIF. Why is that?

Great post! :applause:

And it should be made clear here that anyone offering something should be allowed to say who they do or do not allow to accept their offering. I like that there can be conditions attached to a RAK or just giving the offeror the right of refusal.

Thats why the first rule is you make the rules for your RAK. If you want to give something to a specific person or that you are not allowed to sell said RAK that is the choice of the giver.

Kav, you are extremely vocal and opinionated when this thread and The Tree were started but not in PIF. Why is that?

I have to give folks at least one safe haven from my shenanigans

Done.

Another good suggestion :)

Actually, I like something in comics general because there are people who live in the retail side and never ever set foot in here to share with the community.

I wouldn't feel good giving something away to someone like that

That's a fair point. (thumbs u

Great post! :applause:

And it should be made clear here that anyone offering something should be allowed to say who they do or do not allow to accept their offering. I like that there can be conditions attached to a RAK or just giving the offeror the right of refusal.

Thats why the first rule is you make the rules for your RAK. If you want to give something to a specific person or that you are not allowed to sell said RAK that is the choice of the giver.

Yep. You made that clear in the 1st post. I did that with mine. Just bold Stipulations and spell it out who's eligible/you hope it goes to. That part of your thread was clear and not complicated at all.

My guess is it's comic book fans crave angst and drama. If it's not provided then it's BYO. lol

In the real world the concept of paying it forward or a random act of kindness hinges on the fact that the giver gets to choose who their generosity is given to.

I don't know. I read about stories all the time with people just paying for people behind them or giving money to a place like goodwill and telling them to give it to someone. Those people don't know who is getting it.

At the end of the day if someone isn't crazy about the way this works they can just ignore it.

In the real world the concept of paying it forward or a random act of kindness hinges on the fact that the giver gets to choose who their generosity is given to.

I don't know. I read about stories all the time with people just paying for people behind them or giving money to a place like goodwill and telling them to give it to someone. Those people don't know who is getting it.

At the end of the day if someone isn't crazy about the way this works they can just ignore it.

I think in the end, it all comes down to whether you are a giver or a taker. I want to believe overall most people are givers. I love to get things but also like to make other people's day and give. It makes me feel good, and I hope it brightens up what can be a miserable world sometimes.

I have wanted a bringing up father strip for a long time and would love one of those!

I have wanted a bringing up father strip for a long time and would love one of those!

you only got to say the magic words!

I can deliver to the east coast comic con as well