• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

There are a number of books I've bid on before but lost. I am assuming these are more from Joe Smejkal's collection. If so, the man had an absolutely incredible collection. Too many great ones to even try to list.

There are a number of books I've bid on before but lost. I am assuming these are more from Joe Smejkal's collection. If so, the man had an absolutely incredible collection. Too many great ones to even try to list.

You lose auctions? Who knew? :D

lol

Ya gotta keep up. I had and still have enormous respect for Mr. Smejkal and his desire to get great books. He swamped me so many times I couldn't even count them all.

5. Jack Kirby and Ayers Strange Tales #108 Splash Page 1. Really nice.

Tops on the list for me. Stuck out for me right away. Beautiful.

I was going to single that one out as well... just a great splash.

And Supes #12 cover, very cool.

I concur. (thumbs u

I'm high bidder on the Mile High Action Comics 63. $38 bucks :banana:

That book is insanely gorgeous. I just don't know if I'm willing to sell the books that I'd have to sell to afford it. hm

That book is insanely gorgeous. I just don't know if I'm willing to sell the books that I'd have to sell to afford it. hm

yes, hard to believe it stayed in such high grade in the many years before CGC.

yes, hard to believe it stayed in such high grade in the many years before CGC.

I owned that one for a good 12 years. I took really good care of it! :grin:

Clearly the superman 12 cover is the highlight. But what is troubling me is the amount of RECREATION that has been added to the piece....why

I don't mind adding bristol board of matching kind to recreate the original size, nor a recreation of a logo..but the text recreation is questionable, but the creation of the circle (which intruded on the OA Area) is quite troubling.

I am gonna have lower my value estimate on this piece to under 100K, while if it was untouched it would be 250K...just an opinion

I don't consider it troubling -- the original logo, price, and text paste-ups may simply be gone -- don't see why it's a big deal then, to replace them with very carefully-done stats, as was the case here. As to recreating the circle, that does seem a bit more unusual -- wondering out loud, was the circle highlight behind the trio only added in later production of the cover? I get the feeling it wasn't part of Ray's original art, as originally made.

Superman cover at 38K Plus with BP with a strong 11 bidders already. Action 25 looks amazing and low at 3600 and it will be interesting to see where that ends up since it been since 2005 sale at ha.