• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,424 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2023 at 10:49 AM, plady69 said:

Wow, those are probably scarce. Thanks for posting.

PROBABLY?  How about incredibly?  and the first one sporting a Matt Baker GGA cover.

RM, who were the publishers of these two gems?

On 9/26/2023 at 2:21 AM, fifties said:

PROBABLY?  How about incredibly?  and the first one sporting a Matt Baker GGA cover.

RM, who were the publishers of these two gems?

These are St. John Giants.  Squarebound and all apparently unindexed o.O

I'm thinking all reprints.

https://www.comics.org/series/20250/

I've got number 6 - will take a closer look at mine and index it at the very least:

20230926_164618.thumb.jpg.144ce3da35c1be1530e06a9ca2ea952e.jpg

So cool!  I'm reading American Daredevil on Gleason right now.  The early hero comics from him don't do anything for me, but these crime comics are fantastic.

Seems like a bound volume would make for a pretty incredible reading copy :D

You blow my mind with this stuff, RM :jawdrop:

On 10/7/2023 at 10:17 AM, Darwination said:

So cool!  I'm reading American Daredevil on Gleason right now.  The early hero comics from him don't do anything for me, but these crime comics are fantastic.

Seems like a bound volume would make for a pretty incredible reading copy :D

You blow my mind with this stuff, RM :jawdrop:

Yeah, the crime stuff is a whole lot more “interesting” than the usual Biro stuff.

Yes, I love bound volumes and have collected them for a long time. Convenient to thumb through and read. Used to be a lot more affordable but recently, they have been “discovered” by smart buyers. 

Another rare and killer crime book. Real Clue Crime Stories V5 no. 7 CGC 9.4 from 1950 with off white pages, formerly of the Promise collection. Absolute lone highest graded with only 2 others on census, both 5.5. First appearance of the escape artist who spent more time on planning than cardio.

798AFB6D-E793-41F6-BBCA-DA8582960A03.jpeg