• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2021 at 8:14 AM, Robot Man said:

An 8.0 FC #108 from Redbeard for $90.? That must have been a long time ago. Ron was never known for his low prices...:roflmao:

That reminds me. I should give him a call. Haven’t talked to him since shut down. One of us old dinosaurs from the early days. He has amazing stories. I finally got him to come on the boards for a while then he just stopped posting. 

Well the $90 into it was part trade. In 1978 I picked up a nice Challengers of the Unknown #1 for $40 from the original owner along with a trove of pretty duck four colors. In the mid nineties at SDCC I offered it in trade to Redbeard for the 108; he asked for $50 on top which I threw in to get to $90 cash. I guess more if you throw in inflation but that's no fun. I think he was asking $400 or so at the time for the duck book.. Funny thing is that Challenger #1 languished on his display for many many years. I used to stop by to say hi!! Ha ha!

On 9/12/2021 at 1:17 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I really would love to see a 9.8 or 9.6 Uncle Scrooge 386 come to market in this environment. You'd have to think it would sail well past $10K.

I just got my #386 cgc 9.4 not too long ago, and I paid well over $10k above 20k really. There is only one 9.6, and nine at 9.4. Hard as nails to find in high grade.

Edited by Stingrayiii

On 9/12/2021 at 5:35 PM, Stingrayiii said:

I just got my #386 cgc 9.4 not too long ago, and I paid well over $10k above 20k really. There is only one 9.6, and nine at 9.4. Hard as nails to find in high grade.

Post a picture of your 9.4, please. :) 

Edited by Badger

On 9/13/2021 at 4:17 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I really would love to see a 9.8 or 9.6 Uncle Scrooge 386 come to market in this environment. You'd have to think it would sail well past $10K.

I would certainly hope so, considering that 9.4 copies used to sell for well over $20k.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:35 AM, Stingrayiii said:

Great pick up!  Glad to hear that 9.4 copies are back up to $20k.  They peaked in the mid-$20ks back in 2006-07 and in subsequent years you could find 9.4 copies for around $10k.

Seems like Ducks are back!

On 9/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, tth2 said:

Great pick up!  Glad to hear that 9.4 copies are back up to $20k.  They peaked in the mid-$20ks back in 2006-07 and in subsequent years you could find 9.4 copies for around $10k.

Seems like Ducks are back!

Stop saying that, I still need to pick up a cheap Pirate's Gold before prices get out of hand! 🤫🤫🤫

On 9/13/2021 at 8:45 AM, dikran1 said:

Stop saying that, I still need to pick up a cheap Pirate's Gold before prices get out of hand! 🤫🤫🤫

Until about a year ago, that book had been dead for almost 10 years.    

On 9/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, jimjum12 said:

And yet it's one of the coolest comics ever ... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

DONALD DUCK DISNEYLAND 1955.jpg

That's a sweet copy. I loved those Dell Giants as a kid! Particularly the painted covers like this one.

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

On 9/12/2021 at 10:53 PM, jimjum12 said:

And yet it's one of the coolest comics ever ... GOD BLESS...

DONALD DUCK DISNEYLAND 1955.jpg

Absolutely love the cover but as a Disneyphile, the placement of the castle in relation to Main Street drives me bonkers :pullhair:

I was fortunate to be doing shows in the early 90's when a lot of these File Copies were circulating.... I've still got a few salted away. This one always eluded me. There's just nothing quite like a Dell Giant in mintish condition. From what I understood, there weren't tons of this one, as Disneyland absorbed them without much trouble. This is just what I heard. To me, this is a magical era ... perfectly stradling the Atomic and Silver Ages. The world needed a Disneyland then, and it was right on time.  GOD BLESS....

On 9/13/2021 at 3:08 PM, dikran1 said:

Absolutely love the cover but as a Disneyphile, the placement of the castle in relation to Main Street drives me bonkers :pullhair:

The roof colors of the train station don't bother you?

Coast To Coast Comparisons: Part 1 | WDW Fan Zone