• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2021 at 7:18 PM, dikran1 said:

I Google Street Viewed the address on one of my subscription books. Nice neighborhood 😂

I do that all the time! It's always interesting and can be surprising. Often times the house or location is gone having been replaced by a newer building.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:50 AM, dikran1 said:

Large Feature 16 2.5 ended at 2880$ on Heritage, I tried but I couldn’t bring myself to pay that much for such a soiled copy. The wait continues… 

Too much for that copy (ugly at my eyes)... not a good time to buy Disney's on HA, prices are getting crazy in the last 6 months. I'll quit HA for a while, waiting for "normal/human/reasonable" prices.

I have to show you mine, paid much much less just 3 years ago...

Edited by DavideD
grammar error

On 10/2/2021 at 9:52 AM, AJD said:

With today's prices and a less than stellar exchange rate, there's little chance that I'll fill in the big ticket ducks on my list. But there are still some nice and reasonably priced books out there. I like these two, which arrived today.

large.78739000_WDCS105.jpg.d577de61bd0ed8f86862e9cc510b84b4.jpg

"Don't try this at home" :bigsmile:

Capture.PNG.172b7a8fb8c07d81e381efc5a364c1e1.PNG

Incidentally, inside the WDC&S 105 there is this Taliaferro strip

934007651_WDCS105int.JPG.756b28eebb9b271335b2c95f25e8dce0.JPG

Wait, what? "Behemoth" is the name of the St Bernard puppy? Bolivar, Bornworthy and now Behemoth? How many names did that hound have?

On 10/2/2021 at 1:52 AM, AJD said:

With today's prices and a less than stellar exchange rate, there's little chance that I'll fill in the big ticket ducks on my list. But there are still some nice and reasonably priced books out there. I like these two, which arrived today.

large.78739000_WDCS105.jpg.d577de61bd0ed8f86862e9cc510b84b4.jpg

I was out to dinner one night a few years back a couple of towns over and walked into the LCS which I rarely visited. I was surprised to find a decent copy of #105 for twelve bucks in the back issue bin. Home with me it came. It seems like if you look there are plenty of duck deals around in the wild. They sure made enough of them that they still turn up although usually pretty beat up. If you are OK with mid-grade you are golden. I usually try to go with upper mid grade if possible but if the deal is right I'll grab them no matter what.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:50 PM, dikran1 said:

I know it’s not golden age but I won this on Comiclink last night. Thought it was an interesting piece to share here.  Maybe one of you has more info about it?

086EE20B-F1B5-4C80-9527-A536FFA7952F.jpeg

Well, interesting story.

More details here:

https://inducks.org/story.php?c=D++6548

Apparently it was not published, probably because Whitman's license was acquired by Gladstone in that period.

Something about it in French:

https://picsou.fandom.com/fr/wiki/Le_Secret_du_Perroquet

Here's a link to a Craigslist post about a large Disney comic sale at Cloud 9 Comics in Portland, OR coming up this Friday.  Books will be listed for sale Friday at 5 pm Pacific (8 pm East Coast) on their website.

** HUGE Walt Disney's Comic Collection!! ** - collectibles - by... (craigslist.org)

Cloud 9 Comics (cloudninecomics.com)

fN7CRIkp_x96.jpg

Killer new Disney Comic Collection for sale! 5PM this Fri. Oct. 8th. Cloud 9 Comics 2621 SE Clinton ST. Portland, OR 97202. Live sale on Instagram @dyberken All Expensive books also for sale on our website: http://cloudninecomics.com

My recollection is that my copies have staples.  Did you check for staple holes in your copy?  Possibly it was a publishing error.  One Christmas while visiting my old friend, Leonard Brown, at Collectors Bookstore, he had just bought ten NM/M copies of #20 and #41 from a guy who had 20 copies of each, and he didn't comment about #41 not having staples.  Attached is a picture of the next Donald Duck in the March of Comics series and it clearly had staples so I am guessing that if your copy of #41 doesn't have staples, it was an error.  Ask clilnk if they have the grader's notes.

CCI05212021.jpg

On 9/29/2021 at 9:21 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I do that all the time! It's always interesting and can be surprising. Often times the house or location is gone having been replaced by a newer building.

Yup, I did this with a book stamped with an address from 37, still there and in good shape!