• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2016 Heritage Auction

400 posts in this topic

Care to elaborate?

I will respond to your question if I may.

Please read condition 15 : http://www.ha.com/c/ref/terms-and-conditions.zx?view=terms

The written word presumably prevails.

Your "facts" change nothing.

Let me say it nice and slow, so you can get it:

What Mike did is immoral. It is wrong. That HA will allow it, doesn't mean it isn't. It just means Mike will face no repercussions from HA for having done it. But it is still Immoral. Shilling is still wrong. And no site's "rule" that lets you get away with it changes that. And it doesn't change that Mike can no longer claim to be one of the "most honest and trusted sellers." He's lost that title, by his own hand. Shilling is wrong and it's always wrong, no matter who would allow you to get away with it on their site. And if you think that suddenly makes shilling "okay and moral," then you are just another part of the problem.

Has anything ever sold on their site for a $1? As they claim there is no reserve it would be very interesting to learn. Also if someone bought a piece for $100,000 is that now the market value for the page and wont it hurt further bids on that artist's work. What would the resale value be in total.

I won a Nexus sketch from Comiclink for $1 a couple of years ago. funny thing is I had thrown a bunch of tracking bids out and forgot about the sketch until I got my bill. No BP meant it was only an extra dollar for my order :grin:

so whats a good measure to see if the shilling discussion has had any impact on this auction?

Judging from the bidding activity so far, I'd guess that any impact is going to be somewhere between negligible and indiscernible.

I suspect that the few people who have dropped out or pulled back were probably on the fence anyway about the market and/or their own budgets, while there seems to be more than enough demand to not allow any meaningful bargains from materializing (at least for the broad range of pieces that more than just a few people can afford). 2c

Care to elaborate?

Please read condition 15 : http://www.ha.com/c/ref/terms-and-conditions.zx?view=terms

What Mike did is immoral. It is wrong. That HA will allow it, doesn't mean it isn't. It just means Mike will face no repercussions from HA for having done it. But it is still Immoral. Shilling is still wrong. And no site's "rule" that lets you get away with it changes that. And it doesn't change that Mike can no longer claim to be one of the "most honest and trusted sellers." He's lost that title, by his own hand. Shilling is wrong and it's always wrong, no matter who would allow you to get away with it on their site. And if you think that suddenly makes shilling "okay and moral," then you are just another part of the problem.

If I have to read you typing this SAME response another 100 times in the next few weeks I think my head will explode. I'm stupid at chat boards...how do I IGNORE someone please?

Jay

so whats a good measure to see if the shilling discussion has had any impact on this auction?

No real way to be sure, but a great indicator would be if a number of higher level spending known quantities posted publicly and stated that they would limit spending based on recent events. I think at this point at least one person stated that so far, but I cant remember any others.

Uh, I think I need to retract my $100,000 "price discovery" bid...

Kidding of course. And not just about the bid being mine.

If I were going after that cover, the paper yellowing wouldn't affect my bid, though I am glad they put up a more accurate scan.

medusa_side_by_side.jpg

Care to elaborate?

If I have to read you typing this SAME response another 100 times in the next few weeks I think my head will explode. I'm stupid at chat boards...how do I IGNORE someone please?

Jay

Well, that all depends on others. If they want to say the same exact thing over and over 100 times, why should I go to the trouble of writing a whole new post?

And if you want ignore me, that's fine. I'm doing so to you now. Thanks for letting me know I should.