• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens SPOILER Discussion

1,010 posts in this topic

I was just expanding on it a little bit. I agree with you. I was not the poster of the other comment. I think where people are getting hung up is that the movie has not be not only about a Skywalker, but a light side Skywalker. Now I do think they heavily hint Rey is Luke's daughter, but other paths are possible, and could be even more interesting. I personally like the idea that she is Obi Wan's, daughter. :P Think that would add a nice overall symmetry to the sage. Now you can beat up on me.

I want Rey to be Senator Palpatine's daughter. :o

I like that idea, but in all honesty making the timeline's work with either Obi or Palpatine is a person_without_enough_empathy.

I know. lol

I still think it was brother vs sister in the last battle scene.

I am still surprised no one is really talking about how that embrace was when Leia meet Rey after the battle on StarKiller base. That was a very long embrace/hug which leads me to believe Leia for sure knows who Rey is.

I think people will be shocked to see how different Kylo Ren will look in the next movie. I think he will self mutilate his body to mirror Vader.

I hope so.

I loved how he looked / was when he kept the helmet on. Once he removed it all I could see him as was a skinny emo dweeb who got his butt kicked.

Yea but Rey gave him a serious scar on his neck going up his face. Gonna look amazing next movie all healed and scarred. I can't wait!!!

Saw it today with the family. The family enjoyed it I thought it was better then I expected. Not a blockbuster, but it didn't make any real mistakes. My expectations got the better of me I think. I wanted to just love this film

I loved all the touching moments with the old actors. Been trying to explain to my kids how much this movie meant to my generation. I was asked repeatedly from my kids who this or that was.

I have tried to remind myself that they are starting over and those kids will get better. Solo's kid just got on my nerves once they helmet came off. Its a lot of pressure for those kids to live up the previous films. I thought it was a good start with not really revealing too much of the rest of the storyline.

I remind myself its Star Wars again with a new group. It was so nice to go back again. Being a 6 year old and seeing it for the first time was magical. This time it was almost as good because I took my mom/father/wife and my kids with me.

Should be a good family memory for years.

i would suggest to everyone to read or hear the Book " the Lost Stars" you find a lot more about the battle of Jakku. within the books you find out what happen to the Empire and the New Republic.

they talk about some of the thing in the books, comics.

Saw it today with the family. The family enjoyed it I thought it was better then I expected. Not a blockbuster, but it didn't make any real mistakes. My expectations got the better of me I think. I wanted to just love this film

I loved all the touching moments with the old actors. Been trying to explain to my kids how much this movie meant to my generation. I was asked repeatedly from my kids who this or that was.

I have tried to remind myself that they are starting over and those kids will get better. Solo's kid just got on my nerves once they helmet came off. Its a lot of pressure for those kids to live up the previous films. I thought it was a good start with not really revealing too much of the rest of the storyline.

I remind myself its Star Wars again with a new group. It was so nice to go back again. Being a 6 year old and seeing it for the first time was magical. This time it was almost as good because I took my mom/father/wife and my kids with me.

See it again for the 2nd time.

I had it at B+ for the first viewing. A grade for the 2nd viewing.

Nothing will ever beat the true SW trilogy, but these next episodes should be great to watch!

You know what the main problem Lucas had? It was not making another SW movie when the original cast was young. Episode 7 should have came out in the 80's so nothing will ever get any of us to feel that way again. It can't and will never happen again, however JJ did the best he could to get this franchise back on the track and he succeed.

I am surprised most of the original cast are still alive to be blunt.

i would suggest to everyone to read or hear the Book " the Lost Stars" you find a lot more about the battle of Jakku. within the books you find out what happen to the Empire and the New Republic.

Love these guys.

Faithful listener now. (thumbs u

I understand how you feel. Go see it again, by yourself. You may like it better the second time. I saw it 3 times and each time it got better for me. I actually felt more sad about Han the third time then with the first 2 times. I took it in more.

Love these guys.

Faithful listener now. (thumbs u

yeah their the reason why i got into reading star wars books and reading in general.

Great video you posted. I very much in tune with the guy on the far left. His thoughts are exactly mine about Rey being dropped by Luke in fear she might get killed by the Knights. I also like the part about there could be other young force sensitives scattered. Very cool and these guys know their stuff. No stupid theories being thrown around. Just some good ol' Star Wars talk, by respectable guys. Thanks again for posting.

Great video you posted. I very much in tune with the guy on the far left. His thoughts are exactly mine about Rey being dropped by Luke in fear she might get killed by the Knights. I also like the part about there could be other young force sensitives scattered. Very cool and these guys know their stuff. No stupid theories being thrown around. Just some good ol' Star Wars talk, by respectable guys. Thanks again for posting.

no problem you should watch some or one of their old video to see how the show is done. they go over news for the week, books and comics and go over questions that fans have sent it in.

I enjoyed this movie. Every minute of it. Let's face it, there will never be the perfect Star Wars movie. But this one was pretty good IMO.

There was not only one perfect Star Wars movie, there were two: Star Wars (I won't call it "A New Hope" by itself...it's "Star Wars", and always will be) and Empire.

This. Two perfect SW movies already done.

I enjoyed this movie. Every minute of it. Let's face it, there will never be the perfect Star Wars movie. But this one was pretty good IMO.

There was not only one perfect Star Wars movie, there were two: Star Wars (I won't call it "A New Hope" by itself...it's "Star Wars", and always will be) and Empire.

This. Two perfect SW movies already done.

agreed

I took my nephew the other day.

I think it would have been a better idea to have Finn be the mechanic. I don't think it takes anything away from the story, but would have added even more to the dynamic between Rey and Finn. I think with her piloting skills and his mechanical skills (in this revision), Han would have asked them both to stay on and help, and it would be cool to see him stay on with Chewy and Rey as the extra set of hands. . . I think it would have been a good reason for him to have been on Starkiller Base, as well, and maybe an explanation to some advanced knowledge on how the base works.

Minor nitpick. Don't really care either way, ultimately.

I was just expanding on it a little bit. I agree with you. I was not the poster of the other comment. I think where people are getting hung up is that the movie has not be not only about a Skywalker, but a light side Skywalker. Now I do think they heavily hint Rey is Luke's daughter, but other paths are possible, and could be even more interesting. I personally like the idea that she is Obi Wan's, daughter. :P Think that would add a nice overall symmetry to the sage. Now you can beat up on me.

Out of the bazillion of lifeforms in the galaxy, the new Jedi has to be related to someone we already know about? Man, I truly hope not. I'm hoping she really is "nobody."

Out of the bazillion of lifeforms in the galaxy, the new Jedi has to be related to someone we already know about? Man, I truly hope not. I'm hoping she really is "nobody."

Buuuut if it's a story ABOUT the Skywalkers then it kind of makes sense that they would be related, doesn't it?

Buuuut if it's a story ABOUT the Skywalkers then it kind of makes sense that they would be related, doesn't it?

She could be adopted. :baiting: