• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$84K for an FF 52?!?

538 posts in this topic

Are impacted staples mostly a result of manufacturing and/or pressing?

Both. Often times when staples are slightly impacted, pressing makes them worse. It bugs me that CGC doesn't detract from the numerical grade for impacted staples, as it encourages the introduction of pressing-induced defects on books that should never be pressed, and it looks bad, especially on an otherwise high grade comic.

Are impacted staples mostly a result of manufacturing and/or pressing?

Both. Often times when staples are slightly impacted, pressing makes them worse. It bugs me that CGC doesn't detract from the numerical grade for impacted staples, as it encourages the introduction of pressing-induced defects on books that should never be pressed, and it looks bad, especially on an otherwise high grade comic.

This would definitely hurt their business model and result in substantially less revenue for their parent company as it would discourage collectors from sending everything in for pressing before getting their books graded. :gossip:

They want to have grading standards which encourages pressing, as opposed to grading standards which discourages pressing. hm

The 9.8 on Heritage went for $65725.

Not bad all things considered. Still crazy over priced.

It did better than I expected.

+1

+2

My sincerest apologies :foryou: to everybody here, as I was also part of this rabid crowd saying that $84K or even $65.7K for a 9.8 copy of FF 52 was way overpriced. (tsk)

Now that I have seen the light and the error of my ways, it is obvious that at these muted pricing levels of under 6 figures, the FF 52 is crazy undervalued in comparison to the 9.8 copy of the highly sought after and much in demand Iron Man 30 that sold for a measly bargain basement price of only $15K. :screwy:lol