• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase #4 9.8 on Comic Connect - sold for 15k

417 posts in this topic

Every day I look at threads I am interested in... only to find asinine bickering and insults going on, disrupting the threads. TAKE IT TO PMs people.

I'm interested in the books and aspects of the hobby - your bickering is not something I care to read about.

Perhaps we need a sub-forum for immature bickering...

Every day I look at threads I am interested in... only to find asinine bickering and insults going on, disrupting the threads. TAKE IT TO PMs people.

I'm interested in the books and aspects of the hobby - your bickering is not something I care to read about.

Perhaps we need a sub-forum for immature bickering...

I'm sorry. You are right.

Please contribute.

:foryou:

What hostility? All I said was that point for point, Hulk 1 would go more for SC 4, which I later qualified to mean in higher grades.

Do you still feel that way after the results of the 7.5? Not a 9.2 but the result was very strong

:popcorn:

What hostility? All I said was that point for point, Hulk 1 would go more for SC 4, which I later qualified to mean in higher grades.

Do you still feel that way after the results of the 7.5? Not a 9.2 but the result was very strong

Absolutely. Hulk 1 prices in 9.0 and above go for amounts that I simply don`t see any SA DC collectors matching.

Absolutely. Hulk 1 prices in 9.0 and above go for amounts that I simply don`t see any SA DC collectors matching.

+1

+1

Yeah, I agree with that. But let me add this reasoned analysis: Who the hell knows anymore?! :D

Speaking as someone who tends to favor DC's.

Here's what I would guess, plus a few other thoughts.

Hulk 1 9.4 $1 million-$1.3 million+

Showcase 4 9.6 $375K-425K+?

Showcase 4 9.4 250K+?

Hulk 1 9.2 $350-400K+

Showcase 4 9.2 $175K+?

The Hulk 1 CGC 9.4, is likely the most expensive CGC graded silver age book.

I'm thinking it would also out price the AF 15 9.6 considering since the last public AF15 9.6 sale happened, it's dropped in value a bit as the census has gone from 1 to 3 copies. Plus other reasons I'm not going to go into.

Don't take these gueses as gospal. Just tossing out thoughts.

But its hard to gage what a current S4 9.2+ sale would bring.

Right now the sole Hulk 9.4 copy is with the top Marvel Silver age collector, and it's not going anywhere.There is a rumor of a Hulk 1 raw pedigee 9.2/9.4 copy but I've never seen anything to substantiate the claim. (shrug)

I believe Motor City Comics were the ones who found the wonderful white page S4 9.6 copy. If memory serves it was found in a closet in a tall stack of issues. Last sold in 2009 for $179,250.

Hulk still trails S4 in HG sales by a wide margin. The 7.5 sale is interesting and suggests S4 may be catching real file pricewise, so if the 9.2 or 9.4 copies were up for sale right now we would glean some insight into how far S4 has closed the gap with Hulk 1.

But prior to last week when the S4 sold, Hulk has been (and remains) clearly way more valuable grade for grade than S4.

btw -- as for producing data to back up a statement, watching high end sales closely for over ten to 20 years, and buying (and selling) some of these books for record amounts (in transactions that are not even n GPA) does give one a pretty good sense of the market for them.... sonny boy.

(couldn't resist.)

btw -- as for producing data to back up a statement, watching high end sales closely for over ten to 20 years, and buying (and selling) some of these books for record amounts (in transactions that are not even n GPA) does give one a pretty good sense of the market for them.... sonny boy.

(couldn't resist.)

Yes, it sure does. Lots of people follow the markets for many years. This is a new market. Things are changing. I have a GPA membership and also have OSPGs. I follow the market as well by searching HA, CL and ComicConnect. I have a pulse on the market also.

That's why I asked for data. I didn't see any. If someone is so sure of themselves (enough to post it on a forum) to make a statement....why not be prepared to just provide some info when asked to back it up? And, if one doesn't want to share that information because they feel it is proprietary, then just say so rather than saying things like, I have nothing to prove to you...etc. It's just immature.

I'm a researcher. I don't take any answer for the gospel unless I do my homework on it and i'm convinced.

:preach:

(couldn't resist.)

Yes, it sure does. Lots of people follow the markets for many years. This is a new market. Things are changing. I have a GPA membership and also have OSPGs. I follow the market as well by searching HA, CL and ComicConnect. I have a pulse on the market also.

That's why I asked for data. I didn't see any. If someone is so sure of themselves (enough to post it on a forum) to make a statement....why not be prepared to just provide some info when asked to back it up? And, if one doesn't want to share that information because they feel it is proprietary, then just say so rather than saying things like, I have nothing to prove to you...etc. It's just immature.

I'm a researcher. I don't take any answer for the gospel unless I do my homework on it and i'm convinced.

Mark,

I'm not trying to anger or upset you, but I don't think you're getting it.

Data acquistion on the high end of the market often comes with a high cost. Off-market transactions are common for obvious reasons. Reading OPG back-issues, subscribing to GPA, and watching auctions is only step one. Market makers sometimes spend years or even decades building trust with other market makers before data is shared. You're equating arrogance with a reluctance to give something away for free, and I think that's a bit unfair.

Asking for an opinion, getting it, and then demanding supporting data is equivalent to getting a free GPA lookup from GPA and then demanding the source code.

Right now you're doing a victory dance in front of the well you just pissed in. If you're truly looking for answers, I would recommend you stop doing this kind of thing. This may be the only well out in this part of the desert that you're exploring.

(couldn't resist.)

Mark,

Data acquistion on the high end of the market often comes with a high cost. Off-market transactions are common for obvious reasons. Reading OPG back-issues, subscribing to GPA, and watching auctions is only step one. Market makers sometimes spend years or even decades building trust with other market makers before data is shared. You're equating arrogance with a reluctance to give something away for free, and I think that's a bit unfair.

Asking for an opinion, getting it, and then demanding supporting data is equivalent to getting a free GPA lookup from GPA and then demanding the source code.

Right now you're doing a victory dance in front of the well you just pissed in. If you're truly looking for answers, I would recommend you stop doing this kind of thing. This may be the only well out in this part of the desert that you're exploring.

Thanks and I appreciate your response. I'm not angry, offended or upset in anyway.

That was a very expressive and cogent explanation. I understand.

Moving forward from here. :angel:

(couldn't resist.)

Mark,

Thanks and I appreciate your response. I'm not angry, offended or upset in anyway.

That was a very expressive and cogent explanation. I understand.

Moving forward from here. :angel:

(thumbs u