• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase #4 9.8 on Comic Connect - sold for 15k

417 posts in this topic

Agreed. Wasn't there also a private sale of a AF 15 9.6 for going less than a million after the Metropolis sale? hm

yes...considerably less than the metro sale

Wasn't that second "sale" proven to be an urban legend ?

-J.

No. Just ask this guy.

Agreed. Wasn't there also a private sale of a AF 15 9.6 for going less than a million after the Metropolis sale? hm

-J.

No. Just ask this guy.

I meant that he paid less than the metro copy.

Has this individual gone on the record confirming what he paid for his copy ?

-J.

-J.

No. Just ask this guy.

-J.

No, just stated that it was much less.

-J.

No. Just ask this guy.

-J.

the owner is scott lynes (he has publicly shared this info, so I'm not disclosing anything unknown by some) and the sales price he paid is "private", but it was less and is not an "urban" legend... again, just because GPA doesn't list it, doesn't mean it didn't happen or is not "known" ...I've stated so many times, public sales data is just a fraction of what the market is about (thumbs u

-J.

No. Just ask this guy.

-J.

the owner is scott lynes (he has publicly shared this info, so I'm not disclosing anything unknown by some) and the sales price he paid is "private", but it was less and is not an "urban" legend... again, just because GPA doesn't list it, doesn't mean it didn't happen or is not "known" ...I've stated so many times, public sales data is just a fraction of what the market is about (thumbs u

Ah okay I see thanks! (thumbs u

Is it public knowledge what he actually did pay (if not recorded by GPA)?

-J.

-J.

No. Just ask this guy.

-J.

Ah okay I see thanks! (thumbs u

Is it public knowledge what he actually did pay (if not recorded by GPA)?

-J.

I don't believe so. Since it was a private sale. But there are those that know ;)

I guess we know who won the 9.8.

lol

It's the same copy. This may have been a smart financial move for this guy. Pay $15,000 at auction and almost immediately BIN it on ebay with a "Best Offer" at + 167%.

Giving that the Hulk 1 went for $45,000 I'm betting someone will bite around $20-$25K eventually, IMHO...MUCH bigger audience on Ebay.

Talk about instant flipping. I still dunno how the Hulk 1 outperformed the SC 4 by a large margin. I thought at first the auction was a scam but it doesn't seem like it because the seller has a few pricey items for sale. I'm sure eventually someone will buy it for around $20k.

I stay clear of uber high extensively restored books. Might as well call em coverless with a reprinted cover.

Between the Hulk #1 or SC #4 what trash container should each of these restored 9.8 books go into? (shrug)

13.jpg

I'll go with the black container because the earth probably doesn't want these books back either. (thumbs u

Eh, just shred it and throw it in the composting bin!