• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,169 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Hibou said:

I'm wondering if anyone else is confused about the new eBay payout policy and why they removed PayPal from that end of it. (If there's another thread talking about that, any direction would be appreciated!)

I almost entirely use the mobile app and I can't tell if the process to transfer your sales into your bank account is automatic... or does it sit as available balance like PayPal?

My issues with eBay are legion, but managed payments isn't one of them - once you get past the initial set up phase it works very well. I wake up every morning and there's money in my checking account. They do not pay on weekends, so if you're getting paid daily there's a big payout on Monday morning. I have many many other complaints about eBay.

15 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

My issues with eBay are legion, but managed payments isn't one of them - once you get past the initial set up phase it works very well. I wake up every morning and there's money in my checking account. They do not pay on weekends, so if you're getting paid daily there's a big payout on Monday morning. I have many many other complaints about eBay.

I've heard people setting up the managed payments without putting in their Social.  Is that true?

15 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144042932051?hash=item2189a0b753:g:FbQAAOSw4~tgovsX

Dark Magician girl Making another run

27 minutes ago, the blob said:

Described as "perfect condition" on facebook ... an ebay seller wouod at least have the decency to make sure the photo is fuzzy enough that you can't see anything:

May be an image of text that says 'MARVEL COMES VENOM LING LETHAL PROTECTOR IT'NOT NOT THEIR THEIRFINAL FINAL BATTLE-- --BUT JUST MIGHT THEIR GREATEST!'

Does he keep the comics in the trunk? Is the owner living in the back seat of his friend's car? So many questions...

just an fyi. the new fee structure has no limit on 'collectibles,' so you pay 12.5 per cent on the first $7500 then 2.5 per cent on everything above that. on an $11,500 book that worked out to over 1k. no longer capped at $750 like it was before. 

ebay also said my money might be held up to one month. i said screw it and cancelled the sale. not going to sell comics there, ever. 

On 5/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, FlyingDonut said:

$405 book.

"Hello... I need you to please remove this item from my invoice, my little daughter grabbed my phone and accidentally submitted a bid. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Chris"

at a certain point you just have to laugh.

Just reply....

"If your little daughter sets the neighbors shed on fire do you just apologize or take responsibility for the damage she did"?

I'm not sure what to think today, either it's the rain outside or just the start to summer

a listing at $95 + $11 shipping with best offer a 9.6

last sale yes was for $100, the 2 before that were for $75

so I send an offer for $75 hoping, get a respectful decline, with a message that says last sale was $100 buy it or they'll raise the price.....

hey it's their book, more power to them, so I respectfully tell them I'll buy a 9.4 but they'll get their asking....

I buy the 9.4 from a different seller and it's $75 + $4 shipping

Payment goes through and everything is fine

then I get a message from that seller that they mislabeled the listing and the shipping is supposed to be $15, all well and good I await the corrected invoice even after already paying.....

So far so good :tonofbricks: I'm just venting....... It's a tough up hill battle today :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
they're their

42 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

then I get a message from that seller that they mislabeled the listing and the shipping is supposed to be $15, all well and good I await the corrected invoice even after already paying.....

I hope you're just a nice guy, because you weren't obligated.

6 minutes ago, Gaard said:

I hope you're just a nice guy, because you weren't obligated.

well after the 1st guy said his peace, I didn't want the 9.4 seller to cancel. lol I mean if the 9.6 guy sees it sold and then relisted, I'd probably get blocked in a case of mistaken identity hahahaha

The way this morning has gone I wouldn't be surprised is all :shy: 

Still,

why did the 1st guy even have best offer?

why did the 2nd guy think that cancelling would save him money? Unless ebay new managed payments system fixed the issue of eating fees on refunds?

I really just don't know :( and am just waiting for anything to improve.....

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm not sure what to think today, either it's the rain outside or just the start to summer

a listing at $95 + $11 shipping with best offer a 9.6

last sale yes was for $100, the 2 before that were for $75

so I send an offer for $75 hoping, get a respectful decline, with a message that says last sale was $100 buy it or they'll raise the price.....

hey it's their book, more power to them, so I respectfully tell them I'll buy a 9.4 but they'll get their asking....

So far so good :tonofbricks: I'm just venting....... It's a tough up hill battle today :foryou: 

Well the invoice never came and the 2nd seller cancelled and refunded over $11

And get this he expects me to buy it when he relists, I didmt respond to that  :smh:

Came her bc I've been having major issues with the site as well since the implementation of their new managed payments.

I had to enter in the last 4 digits of my SS#

I was going to list some items, but I wasn't able to see my selling limits like the old format showed.  -(You know, the old seller's hub that was nice and easy to navigate...)

Anyways, just got off the phone with "customer support" (shrug).

They told me there is no selling limit on your first listing, and that they will determine your selling limits based upon your 1st listing.

I also asked why I wasn't able to see the new sellers hub.  They told me you wont see the new hub until after your 1st sale...

All this info would have been nice to know if they walked you through the new BS setup when setting up their new payment system...

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

2 minutes ago, Dr Zen said:

All I could think was...he should clean his nails...