• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,169 posts in this topic

I sell mostly low grade books on ebay. I sold a lot of coverless ASM comics (around 15) for $50. After the guy pays, he asks me what happened to the covers. I tell him I have no idea as I had bought these coverless.

A week later he sends me a message saying he received the books and they don't have any covers and he wants to return them for his money back.

I replied to him that I do not understand....what was he expecting? My listing said multiple times they are coverless and all the pictures show coverless comics. He replies saying why would he spend money on books that have no covers and are worthless.

Anyway, I am allowing him to send back the comics because it is fruitless to discuss it further with him and my head hurts trying to understand the non-understandable.

Edited by Bludriver

3 hours ago, Bludriver said:

I sell mostly low grade books on ebay. I sold a lot of coverless ASM comics (around 15) for $50. After the guy pays, he asks me what happened to the covers. I tell him I have no idea as I had bought these coverless.

A week later he sends me a message saying he received the books and they don't have any covers and he wants to return them for his money back.

I replied to him that I do not understand....what was he expecting? My listing said multiple times they are coverless and all the pictures show coverless comics. He replies saying why would he spend money on books that have no covers and are worthless.

Anyway, I am allowing him to send back the comics because it is fruitless to discuss it further with him and my head hurts trying to understand the non-understandable.

People suck.

Have they gotten rid of the ability to check what books have sold for each era of books?  All week I've been unable to check out what Copper Age or Bronze Age books have sold that day.

4 hours ago, Bludriver said:

I’m sure you’re already prepared to do this, but make sure all the books are accounted for when you receive them back. 

That’s the only “reason” I can think of for such irrational behavior. 

5 hours ago, Bludriver said:

Hmmm..wonder if he read them and now he's returning them.  Don't need these books anymore. 

Edited by musicmeta

1 hour ago, musicmeta said:

Hmmm..wonder if he read them and now he's returning them.  Don't need these books anymore. 

Could be.

I think this is only the 2nd time someone has returned anything in all my years of selling on ebay. I pretty much only sell my low grade under copies so people usually know what they are getting, (which isn't much :bigsmile: ), especially as I mention any major flaws that cannot be seen in the photos. I also pack really well.

I think if I sold high grade books there might be more chance of returns.

As a seller i get feedback abt 50% of the time.  Feedback helps the seller.  Its easy to do.  If you got your item no problems then you should leave feedback.  I can only conclude that 50% of people dont give a **** about anyone else.  Then they go to DMV and meet someone who doesnt give a **** abt them and they whine abt it.  Hey-YOU'RE one of those people!

15 minutes ago, kav said:

As a seller i get feedback abt 50% of the time.  Feedback helps the seller.  Its easy to do.  If you got your item no problems then you should leave feedback.  I can only conclude that 50% of people dont give a **** about anyone else.  Then they go to DMV and meet someone who doesnt give a **** abt them and they whine abt it.  Hey-YOU'RE one of those people!

That's what they said. 

On 6/18/2021 at 11:44 PM, kav said:

Do you find it more likely they provide feedback when or if you sell a pricier item?

3 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Do you find it more likely they provide feedback when or if you sell a pricier item?

No.  It seems to be entirely random.

I leave feedback no matter what.  Although if you leave negative feedback the other person can just request for it to be removed and it will.  I had a problem with a seller just a few weeks ago.  He sent a clearly well hidden damaged book and then said it had to have happened in shipping.  The problem was he sent it in a Gemini and the book was sandwiched in-between 2 other books and nothing else was damaged.  He started insulting me in the pm's that we exchanged and didn't want to give me a refund.  I did end up with a refund but I left negative feedback for him, he asked for it to be removed, I declined, it's been removed.  So it was pointless in the end.

45 minutes ago, Jemin said:

I leave feedback no matter what.  Although if you leave negative feedback the other person can just request for it to be removed and it will.  I had a problem with a seller just a few weeks ago.  He sent a clearly well hidden damaged book and then said it had to have happened in shipping.  The problem was he sent it in a Gemini and the book was sandwiched in-between 2 other books and nothing else was damaged.  He started insulting me in the pm's that we exchanged and didn't want to give me a refund.  I did end up with a refund but I left negative feedback for him, he asked for it to be removed, I declined, it's been removed.  So it was pointless in the end.

Ebay has fallen off a cliff.  

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I leave feedback more than 90% of the time. The last auction that I won I did not do so, because I suspected shill bidding.

Out of my last 20 sales, I think I’ve received maybe  2 feedback.  It seems that buyers just don’t bother any more.