• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

For runs: Personally, I prefer them to be kept together rather than broken up. Ask yourself: Is it more likely that someone is looking for 20-30, or 1-60?

As for slabs, I would only run auctions if you're unsure of how high they can go. It looks like all of your stuff is 21st century, and IMO those are better off Buy It Now with Best Offer available.

Thanks.  That makes sense.  How do you go about shipping runs that are in the 100s of books?  That Fables run is 149 issues of Fables, plus I was thinking of including Jack of Fables and some of the other associated mini-series.  All told it's a little over 200 books, which seems difficult shipping wise.

29 minutes ago, oxholm said:

Thanks.  That makes sense.  How do you go about shipping runs that are in the 100s of books?  That Fables run is 149 issues of Fables, plus I was thinking of including Jack of Fables and some of the other associated mini-series.  All told it's a little over 200 books, which seems difficult shipping wise.

here's a few  threads which talked about shipping large lots

Is anybody else having unwanted searches added to their Saved Searches list?

Yesterday I woke up to new saved searches for Tales to Astonish #60 and Incredible Hulk #2-something. 

This morning it’s Incredible Hulk #159, 210, and 215. 

I checked the Recently Viewed items on the Home Page and none of these showed up, just the stuff I had actually viewed.  So it’s not like someone’s logging into to my account, looking up stuff and adding it to Saved Searches. 

So as of now it looks like eBay is randomly adding them. 

$405 book.

"Hello... I need you to please remove this item from my invoice, my little daughter grabbed my phone and accidentally submitted a bid. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Chris"

at a certain point you just have to laugh.

10 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

"Hello... I need you to please remove this item from my invoice, my little daughter grabbed my phone and accidentally submitted a bid. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.

Those old chestnuts are classics now. Ebay, the elephant's graveyard of lame excuses.

14 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

I think I'm officially done with eBay. I won an auction for a Weird Tales of the Future 3 for $1300, paid, then the seller cancelled. eBay has been holding my money since the 20th saying "refund pending". 

They had no problem taking the payment instantly :censored:

Link?

12 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Interesting the seller would cancel. It was titled correctly, setup as an auction, and it is restored.

Was a reason given for the cancelation?

Or is your frustration more with feebay and keeping your refunded money?

Mix of both. It obviously sold for far less than the seller expected and he just pulled the book due to "out of stock" and won't be reprimanded in any way. I bailed on some other auctions to go for that one and missed out on some other really hard to find books at really good prices. But also yes, it's aggravating that eBay is holding onto my money for no reason. 

I recently stopped selling on EBay altogether and was only using it for the occasional book purchase. But lately I'm having a lot more bad experiences than not, so I think it's time to just stick to the big auction houses

I'm wondering if anyone else is confused about the new eBay payout policy and why they removed PayPal from that end of it. (If there's another thread talking about that, any direction would be appreciated!)

I almost entirely use the mobile app and I can't tell if the process to transfer your sales into your bank account is automatic... or does it sit as available balance like PayPal?

24 minutes ago, Hibou said:

I'm wondering if anyone else is confused about the new eBay payout policy and why they removed PayPal from that end of it. (If there's another thread talking about that, any direction would be appreciated!)

I almost entirely use the mobile app and I can't tell if the process to transfer your sales into your bank account is automatic... or does it sit as available balance like PayPal?

I hadn't sold in years and I just started selling again about 3 weeks ago, and I was confused too. But so far it's been ok - I've done about $1,900 in sales, and they just transfer payment to your bank. I have mine set up for daily transfer. The first couple of sales they held it for a bit - probably because I hadn't sold in so long, but now it's regular. I was a little trepidatious at first but it's been really smooth, and even the process of printing shipping labels is easier too, and they just take the cost out of your payout, which makes it easier in my opinion.

On 5/20/2021 at 3:49 AM, Number 6 said:

Is anybody else having unwanted searches added to their Saved Searches list?

Yesterday I woke up to new saved searches for Tales to Astonish #60 and Incredible Hulk #2-something. 

This morning it’s Incredible Hulk #159, 210, and 215. 

I checked the Recently Viewed items on the Home Page and none of these showed up, just the stuff I had actually viewed.  So it’s not like someone’s logging into to my account, looking up stuff and adding it to Saved Searches. 

So as of now it looks like eBay is randomly adding them. 

All I want to do is search new today GA auctions and get what I used to a complete list from when I left off the day before. I just keep getting what I know is a short list much of what I don’t want mixed in.

Just kind of gave up. This is going to cost their poor sellers and eBay in general a lot of money. 

1 hour ago, Hibou said: