• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

At this point, the “required” field for condition is the vague “Acceptable/Good/Very Good/ Like New/New” field and other grading specifics are optional. I just started a new listing on my phone app. Hopefully that doesn’t change...

2 minutes ago, iggy said:

At this point, the “required” field for condition is the vague “Acceptable/Good/Very Good/ Like New/New” field and other grading specifics are optional. I just started a new listing on my phone app. Hopefully that doesn’t change...

But the "professional grader" is also required. That's where all this started. 

9 minutes ago, Badlands said:

But the "professional grader" is also required. That's where all this started. 

Is it required while listing on a computer? I was on the phone app...

Edited by iggy

6 minutes ago, Badlands said:

On my phone it is...and on my laptop

Thanks for checking. I’m running an older version of the app. I can’t update to the newest version until I upgrade my iPhone iOS which will take wifi and some time.

6 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

and it became required after Jul1 midnight, your time? 

Here in NYC, it is not required, just recommended. 

OH MY...!!  I sincerely apologize to everyone for creating such an uproar, I think I see the mistake now (my mistake for trusting what ebay reps have told me)!

There is a difference in "required" and "recommended". You are right, that is recommended not, required. I called ebay literally 4 times and 3 separate reps told me the same thing, only graded copies allowed. So understandable I got nervous,  I just don't think they ever understood my question to begin with. We will see what happens on 7/12 but I'll bet we ate good.

Another question for those who use GSP to ship international. Do you still receive messages like these? Small lot of comics was shipped 5/31 to the UK. Second time in a month someone has complained about shipping times out of the US using USPS First Class3B90A9A0-8ADB-43CB-B535-D2E7233660E6.thumb.jpeg.df2c3f1b3ef1f32c31762d6490259058.jpeg

Edited by awakeintheashes

32 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Another question for those who use GSP to ship international. Do you still receive messages like these? Small lot of comics was shipped 5/31 to the UK. Second time in a month someone has complained about shipping times out of the US using USPS First Class

I recently sold from UK to US, sent first class, not through GSP. Took 3 days to get from UK to Chicago USPS facility and then didn’t move for 5 weeks until the buyer chased USPS, he got it 2 days later. 
My experience and posts from others I have read I think the issue is with USPS regather than eBay or GSP.  

16 minutes ago, Garystar said:

Chicago USPS facility

This right here has been a HUGE issue. I have had two separate packages get stuck at the ISC Chicago USPS facility for over a month each time they have been sent through there. They have been having major issues at that facility.  One had tracking that never got updated after it arrived there, but eventually was delivered still all in all took a month and a half to get from Canada to Fl. 5+ weeks of that at Chicago.  

11 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This right here has been a HUGE issue. I have had two separate packages get stuck at the ISC Chicago USPS facility for over a month each time they have been sent through there. They have been having major issues at that facility.  One had tracking that never got updated after it arrived there, but eventually was delivered still all in all took a month and a half to get from Canada to Fl. 5+ weeks of that at Chicago.  

Yeah. That package sat in Chicago for 4-5 weeks before going to LA, which never happened before. Usually, it’s Chicago and to its destination.

38 minutes ago, Garystar said:

I recently sold from UK to US, sent first class, not through GSP. Took 3 days to get from UK to Chicago USPS facility and then didn’t move for 5 weeks until the buyer chased USPS, he got it 2 days later. 
My experience and posts from others I have read I think the issue is with USPS regather than eBay or GSP.  

Thanks for the insight. Sounds like Chicago is the issue at the moment. Luckily it's just a $10 lot of random Copper books. Still, a headache nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Another question for those who use GSP to ship international. Do you still receive messages like these? Small lot of comics was shipped 5/31 to the UK. Second time in a month someone has complained about shipping times out of the US using USPS First Class3B90A9A0-8ADB-43CB-B535-D2E7233660E6.thumb.jpeg.df2c3f1b3ef1f32c31762d6490259058.jpeg

I like the cut of his jib 

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

How?

1. Go to your storefront
  2. Click "Manage my Store" (top right-hand part of the screen)
  3. Click "Edit Store" (under Store Design)
  4. Select the "Featured Items" you want to pin at the top of the page

This will pin up to 4 items at the top of the store on the desktop and mobile/app version of your store.