• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

Is anyone else having issues listing items? Trying to list a comic and receiving the following message.

"It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

Sorry, something went wrong. Please wait a moment and try again."

None of the fields are marked red in the listing and all required fields are populated.

17 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Is anyone else having issues listing items? Trying to list a comic and receiving the following message.

"It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

Sorry, something went wrong. Please wait a moment and try again."

None of the fields are marked red in the listing and all required fields are populated.

I ran a test, and it looks like eBay may be forcing us to use the "Condition" dropdown, which makes no sense for comics. It always had a red star next to it, but it was never required to list a comic as recently as last night. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

12 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I ran a test, and it looks like eBay may be forcing us to use the "Condition" dropdown, which makes no sense for comics. It always had a red star next to it, but it was never required to list a comic as recently as last night. 

I just dealt with this nonsense myself...I had to call an eBay rep and they didn't know, either.  I figured it out myself by stumbling upon a small little red asterisk that I had never had to deal with before. SMH...ebay's trying to make things way more difficult.  Comics already have a condition location - there is no need for an additional one at the top which will ultimately confuse some buyers. doh!

3 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

I just dealt with this nonsense myself...I had to call an eBay rep and they didn't know, either.  I figured it out myself by stumbling upon a small little red asterisk that I had never had to deal with before. SMH...ebay's trying to make things way more difficult.  Comics already have a condition location - there is no need for an additional one at the top which will ultimately confuse some buyers. doh!

True. Plus, the condition descriptions don't pertain to comics at all (dust jackets etc.)

7 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

True. Plus, the condition descriptions don't pertain to comics at all (dust jackets etc.)

Here's what I got from talking to someone online:

I see, if your comic book is now on a near to mint condition, you may list it under very good when the book does not look new and has been read but is in excellent condition.
If the book has been read but is in good condition, has very minimal damage to the cover, including scuff marks, but no holes or tears you may list it under Good condition.

Edited by ygogolak

16 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Here's what I got from talking to someone online:

I see, if your comic book is now on a near to mint condition, you may list it under very good when the book does not look new and has been read but is in excellent condition.
If the book has been read but is in good condition, has very minimal damage to the cover, including scuff marks, but no holes or tears you may list it under Good condition.

It looks like the "Condition" field is no longer required. The red asterisk is removed, and I was able to post a listing without the error. Granted, the system kept kicking me back to my listing without confirmation that it posted, but it does look to have posted correctly.

7 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

It looks like the "Condition" field is no longer required. The red asterisk is removed, and I was able to post a listing without the error. Granted, the system kept kicking me back to my listing without confirmation that it posted, but it does look to have posted correctly.

Just spet the last hour troubleshotting and also with incompetent ebay customer service.

Also, I changed my user name, and the dumb system wont even let you use cpital letters in your new name!

Why are we paying 12.5% seller's fees again?

43 minutes ago, Darkseid of the Moon said:

Just spet the last hour troubleshotting and also with incompetent ebay customer service.

Also, I changed my user name, and the dumb system wont even let you use cpital letters in your new name!

Why are we paying 12.5% seller's fees again?

It’s a mess. I think something is happening on the back end because the red asterisk was back this afternoon, but I was able to list without populating the Condition field. 

I have had problems revising items over the last couple of days also, from my laptop (both Chrome and Edge browser), with the error message given above.  It seems to be working better today but I did get a hanging page once.

A workaround seems to be to do it from the eBay app on my phone, which works fine.

I imagine this has been asked before & I apologize for posting such a basic question, but if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

I just paid for a one-month Basic Store, and I'm trying to figure out the Final Value fees for the Collectibles - Comics category.  Anyone know what it is?  The first item I sold after getting the store was listed at taking 12.55%, which didn't seem right. 

It seems we should be under the "Most Collectibles" category under this chart: Store selling fees for managed payments sellers | eBay

in other words,

- 11.7% on total amount of the sale up to $2,500 calculated per item

- 2.35% on the portion of the sale over $2,500

I'd like to figure this out before posting high-dollar items.  I spent a half hour on the phone with 2 different eBay reps, and neither of them could give me a clear answer.  (They're just going to "adjust that one sale" and get back to me within 24 hours after "researching it".

I was also quite surprised that the FVF chart above, for those who have migrated to managed payments, is different (worse) than those who haven't, but that's a different issue (and was part of why it was so difficult to find the answer I sought).

Thanks

Edited by Heronext

On 8/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, littledoom said:

Slabwatch is down. New unmentioned alternatives for finding best offer? 

130point.com

I don't believe that is the same as what you were using...... :wishluck:

On 7/15/2021 at 10:24 PM, Heronext said:

I imagine this has been asked before & I apologize for posting such a basic question, but if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

I just paid for a one-month Basic Store, and I'm trying to figure out the Final Value fees for the Collectibles - Comics category.  Anyone know what it is?  The first item I sold after getting the store was listed at taking 12.55%, which didn't seem right. 

It seems we should be under the "Most Collectibles" category under this chart: Store selling fees for managed payments sellers | eBay

in other words,

- 11.7% on total amount of the sale up to $2,500 calculated per item

- 2.35% on the portion of the sale over $2,500

I'd like to figure this out before posting high-dollar items.  I spent a half hour on the phone with 2 different eBay reps, and neither of them could give me a clear answer.  (They're just going to "adjust that one sale" and get back to me within 24 hours after "researching it".

I was also quite surprised that the FVF chart above, for those who have migrated to managed payments, is different (worse) than those who haven't, but that's a different issue (and was part of why it was so difficult to find the answer I sought).

Thanks

The information I received from Ebay is 12.55% final value fee for the category comics fall under but that's without a "store". If the item sells for over 7000 dollars the fee increases to somewhere around 15% as I was told. On the other hand, I sold an item well over 7k under this payment system in March and my FVF was 12.55%. Maybe they changed something since March I don't know but it appears these customer service reps are not the most informed in this area leaving people who often sell high dollar items on Ebay in the lurch.

I was also told that the payout process doesn't start until the item gets marked as delivered. I was like....What??? That surprised me because last time I sold something the payout began way before delivery took place and there's no indication of that on the Ebay website either. Anyone else know anything about payouts not starting until after delivery??? Ebay's customer service reps are a mess when it comes to FVF information 🤬. This is why I hope places like Myslabs can take off!

Edited by MGsimba77

Here is an absolute first. This never works for me on the other end. I Submitted my bid with what showed 3 seconds left with what I thought was plenty of room to land the book. The bid gets bumped up to $302.99 with what looked like no time. Auction closed and shows I won, I go to pay for it and now it shows I lost. Not the end of the world but have never seen this, time stamp shows it was outbid by the same guy who went up to $302 with no time left, he must have some wicked fast internet.

TTA 68 won.png

TTA won not so fast.png

Edited by PKJ