• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Out of my last 20 sales, I think I’ve received maybe  2 feedback.  It seems that buyers just don’t bother any more.

That's unfortunate. I have posted before that I expect sellers to leave feedback first, and that I will leave feedback every time if they do so. If I don't get feedback as a buyer, but I receive some sort of excellent service, then I will break that 'rule' and still leave feedback.

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's unfortunate. I have posted before that I expect sellers to leave feedback first, and that I will leave feedback every time if they do so. If I don't get feedback as a buyer, but I receive some sort of excellent service, then I will break that 'rule' and still leave feedback.

I always leave feedback when selling simply to show the # successful transactions (in the event the buyer doesn't leave fb and it seems ~1 out of 5 sales only get fb from the buyer).  I'm not a high volume seller so I want to show that I've done more than a handful of sales

3 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Out of my last 20 sales, I think I’ve received maybe  2 feedback.  It seems that buyers just don’t bother any more.

The way Ebay is trying to make l it look like a wonderful place (sellers can't leave neg FB etc), I surprised they don't implement  some automatic positive FB system triggered off of tracking showing a delivery.

57 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Got to love these people.  Again 99% of the time eBay buyers are great people here is the bad 1%.  

Wins the auction and asks to cancel immediately.  Check his reason lol

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 6.33.16 PM.png

Tell them you found a better buyer. One that intends on paying when they win an auction. 

On 6/24/2021 at 7:14 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I leave feedback more than 90% of the time. The last auction that I won I did not do so, because I suspected shill bidding.

I systematically leave feedback but I do it manually. Every 2 or 3 weeks I check my shipped listings and anything that shows it was delivered I leave a positive feedback.

BUT I leave the last 7 days unchecked. So if its June 30th , I only leave feedback from items delivered until June 23rd. I do this to give the buyer time to open the package, inspect it and leave me feedback if they want to.  I dont leave feedback for complainers (not that I get many).

And any unrealistic or annoying or (fill in blank) buyers, I put them on my block list so they can never buy from me again.

On 6/25/2021 at 7:00 PM, B2D327 said:

I just sold a book on eBay only to find out “funds will be available on July 26th” a full month from now? When did this abomination start? …I do know anything else I was selling, I took down. Bye eBay.

That's weird.

I get $ from Ebay once a week. Every Tuesday.

What the?! Have you all heard this?! This literally shocks me, it's like ebay is trying their hardest to lose sales! 

In July they will now require ALL COMICS TO BE GRADED IF YOU WANT TO SELL ON EBAY! Yes, you heard that right. I called them to ask about the "professional grader" requirement because mine is just a raw copy. Effective soon, all comic books must be graded in order to be listed on ebay. Furthermore, if you have listings that is currently missing this, you will not be able to renew unless this is filled out.Screenshot_20210630-103415_eBay.thumb.jpg.ee82661f29e1f681f0f6c2801280d179.jpg

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

What the?! Have you all heard this?! This literally shocks me, it's like ebay is trying their hardest to lose sales! 

In July they will now require ALL COMICS TO BE GRADED IF YOU WANT TO SELL ON EBAY! Yes, you heard that right. I called them to ask about the "professional grader" requirement because mine is just a raw copy. Effective soon, all comic books must be graded in order to be listed on ebay. Furthermore, if you have listings that is currently missing this, you will not be able to renew unless this is filled out.Screenshot_20210630-103415_eBay.thumb.jpg.ee82661f29e1f681f0f6c2801280d179.jpg

Yeah, this would be quite a seismic change. :eek:  I hope there's some way around it. 

10 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

That can’t be right.  No way are raw books no longer permitted on EBay

I agree, I feel the same. However I have called them 3 separate times, all have said the same thing. A supervisor is supposed to call me back within 24 hours as they are "looking in to it ".

This all stems from receiving a message from them that you need to update all listings or they cannot be renewed due to new changes. That update is stating which grading company graded your book. Well  if it's raw then there obviously is no grading company but they do not give an option for raw. 

19 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Yeah, this would be quite a seismic change. :eek:  I hope there's some way around it. 

It' no big deal. Just do a quick CGC sub and list your books. Oh wait...........what are TATs? 

39j1ds_InPixio.jpg

1 minute ago, iggy said:

Maybe (if anything) you must state a grade... even though 99+% don’t know how.

In the required item specifics they ask what grading company, CGC, CBCS PGX. If it's raw then you obviously don't choose that. However, it's a required field and they do not give an "ungraded" option.

I encourage people to call them and see if they get an answer different than the ones I got. Man, I hope so!

6 minutes ago, Badlands said:

In the required item specifics they ask what grading company, CGC, CBCS PGX. If it's raw then you obviously don't choose that. However, it's a required field and they do not give an "ungraded" option.

I encourage people to call them and see if they get an answer different than the ones I got. Man, I hope so!

or just wait until tomorrow and then see what is what perhaps?

Is don't believes it myself.