• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,168 posts in this topic

The last week or two, I've had a weird ebay/Paypal glitch (?) and I wonder if others have experienced it.

When I go to pay for a completed ebay auction and choose Paypal Credit as my payment source, it opens a pop-up window with the auction amount, a Paypal Credit option pre-checked and a big PAY NOW button. Great! But when I click on PAY NOW, the window changes to an 'invalid' popup which states that I can't apply for Paypal Credit because I'm already qualified or some nonsense to that effect. There's only a CONTINUE button which leads me right back to the previous popup.

I've tried all the Paypal Credit options available through the auctions and they all seem to lead to this dead end. Has anyone else run into this, and is this an oblique way of telling me Paypal Credit is simply no longer an option through ebay, or is there a workaround?

Adding to the above... I do see a few ebay Community discussions suggesting that Paypal Credit has not been an option for ebay auctions since July. If that's so, pretty bizarre that it's still consistently listed as an option in **October**.  (shrug)

On 10/4/2021 at 5:20 PM, Math Teacher said:

I just received this email from Ebay:

Today, an email concerning Media Mail was sent to you in error (subject: “USPS Media Mail isn’t available for some categories”). Please disregard the email.

No changes are being made to categories that are eligible for printing labels with Media Mail at this time and you do not need to take any action.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for selling on eBay,

Your Selling Team

So, it seems that this crisis has been averted.

I state in my listings that I won't ship Media Mail - I hate when people ship comics to me via Media Mail, and I refuse to send that way myself. Had a guy message me and ask, "what do you mean by you won't ship Media Mail? I'm new to this." So I messaged back, patiently explaining what I meant. He then placed a $20 offer on a book I had listed for $25. I usually like to let offers sit for a little bit, since they're technically binding for 12/24/48 hours (however long the offer limit is), just in case someone else comes along and buys the book at BIN. But 10 minutes after he made the offer, he messaged me again asking me if I would decline it. People are weird.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 10/5/2021 at 10:11 PM, Point Five said:

Adding to the above... I do see a few ebay Community discussions suggesting that Paypal Credit has not been an option for ebay auctions since July. If that's so, pretty bizarre that it's still consistently listed as an option in **October**.  (shrug)

I had a circle pop up function like that too, exactly as described with PayPal credit. I had sold some stuff, and I thought it happened because I had money in the PayPal balance. 

It eventually went through  though with PayPal credit

On 10/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had a circle pop up function like that too, exactly as described with PayPal credit. I had sold some stuff, and I thought it happened because I had money in the PayPal balance. 

It eventually went through  though with PayPal credit

Thanks, that's good to hear. By 'eventually went through' do you mean like it failed 7 times and it randomly worked on the 8th? Or did it go through once you no longer had the balance in Paypal?

On 10/5/2021 at 10:24 PM, Point Five said:

Thanks, that's good to hear. By 'eventually went through' do you mean like it failed 7 times and it randomly worked on the 8th? Or did it go through once you no longer had the balance in Paypal?

I mean it did it on my phone, then I tried a different device such as tablet, and within that circle of button pushing there was a more clearer choice for a button.

I'm not sure if mine said exactly what yours did. It said I qualified over and over on phone, then tablet it said continue with 6 months no interest.

It kept trying to get me to pay with PayPal credit financing of some such on phone

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/8/2021 at 10:07 PM, littledoom said:

Anyone having trouble seeing gallery view: best match, newly listed, priced highest-lowest, lowest-highest, etc on ebay the past couple days? This has been the issue for me particularly on my desktop

I always get different results when I use "CGC 9.8", vs. "9.8" in my title search O.o

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

On 7/2/2021 at 2:56 PM, Garystar said:

I recently sold from UK to US, sent first class, not through GSP. Took 3 days to get from UK to Chicago USPS facility and then didn’t move for 5 weeks until the buyer chased USPS, he got it 2 days later. 
My experience and posts from others I have read I think the issue is with USPS regather than eBay or GSP.  

GSP is just a scam invented by ebay , stay away 

Just something I've noticed...

A couple of times a year, a comic I bought off Ebay will arrive with a price sticker attached (to the bag) for at least twice what I bought it for. I'll just roll my eyes and remove it. The cynical side of me also demands that I mutter something like, "Yeah, right. person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed."