• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,416 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2022 at 1:43 AM, Buzzetta said:

@whisp is a bad influence... 

As I had said in one of the water cooler threads, my parents still like to go 'car shopping' and will drop off a new hot wheels car if it seems interesting to them.

I bought the lego / hot wheels cars though.

Stormshadow finally arrived via preorder from what seems an eternity ago as did "Overpriced Fett"  I am conflicted upon opening this stormshadow as I think that I like the one that is going to be eventually be released on the vintage cardback with the taped forearms instead of the gauntlets.  However, this one does look cool.   Now Snake Eyes has someone to fight. 

@PeteFromPetesBasement, ordered a few Classified figures to my house.  Spirit does look cool.  However, I did order a third Classified figure already and Stalker will be joining Snakes and Tommy in the eventual future.  It's a very slippery slope and I could see myself falling down hard for the GI Joe classified line.  Beachhead, Spirit, Recondo, Airborne, Tunnel Rat and a Clutch with Vamp would be nice. 

1250782781_ScreenShot2022-07-10at1_40_28AM.thumb.png.7fd27fa1a946bf2e18af527593f6b870.png

606111254_ScreenShot2022-07-10at1_40_37AM.thumb.png.2ea7d6fcfb6b0382a2e16a81967aa290.png

Lol.  You are a grown man don't blame me :P

I got some more hot wheels and still filling up this display.  So far 4 of them are lego version cars.

Still havn't gotten my Storm Shadow and I am same I want the next version as well.  Says August in my amazon.ca account for my preorder.

hotwheels20.jpg

On 7/14/2022 at 11:26 PM, whisp said:

You are a grown man don't blame me :P

The great thing about this thread is that NONE of us are grown men; our development is arrested at some point between the ages of 4 and 15.  I like to think of myself as being trapped somewhere closer to 15, but I won't be surprised if people think I'm actually closer to 4.  :blush:

On 7/15/2022 at 8:56 AM, fantastic_four said:

The great thing about this thread is that NONE of us are grown men; our development is arrested at some point between the ages of 4 and 15.  I like to think of myself as being trapped somewhere closer to 15, but I won't be surprised if people think I'm actually closer to 4.  :blush:

On 7/14/2022 at 11:26 PM, whisp said:

Lol.  You are a grown man don't blame me :P

I got some more hot wheels and still filling up this display.  So far 4 of them are lego version cars.

Still havn't gotten my Storm Shadow and I am same I want the next version as well.  Says August in my amazon.ca account for my preorder.

hotwheels20.jpg

I would imagine that this acts almost like a reverse wall shelf in that each piece puts pressure against the wall instead of the bubble.  It really is a cool system to use.  When it is all said and done, you could even put a removable frame around the perimeter to really polish it off. 

That's cool. 

On 7/15/2022 at 11:04 AM, Buzzetta said:

This is going to be so much fun to play with...

"That's what she said."

IMG_3806.png.jpeg

Based upon this observation I'm pegging your developmental age at somewhere between 7 and 12.  :taptaptap:

On 7/15/2022 at 11:22 AM, fantastic_four said:

Based upon this observation I'm pegging your developmental age at somewhere between 7 and 12.  :taptaptap:

I am actually quite surprised that they made the set to begin with given the adult nature of the theme of the product.  The box shows that it is recommended for ages 18+ which might be the first Lego set ever to bare such a label. 

On 7/15/2022 at 11:28 AM, Buzzetta said:

I am actually quite surprised that they made the set to begin with given the adult nature of the theme of the product.  The box shows that it is recommended for ages 18+ which might be the first Lego set ever to bare such a label. 

I've noticed the 18+ designation on some of the other recent IDEAS sets. The "Jazz Quartet", for example, also has it.

Edited by Dave2739
to clarify

On 7/16/2022 at 5:13 PM, followtheleader said:

Battle Beasts Bandolier.

Box is rough.  Sealed and unpunched.

I like that they gave a figure with it.  

People were fighting me over this piece.

The kid on the box looks like he is going to be evil.  Like the punk from Toy Story.

Patrick

20220711_111049.jpg

20220711_111121.jpg

20220711_111128.jpg

20220711_111154.jpg

20220711_111203.jpg

You find the best stuff, Patrick. That is a real winner. 

On 7/15/2022 at 10:16 AM, Buzzetta said:

ha - definitely true to a degree.

I could get rid of all of it except the lego if I had to... comics too. 

In my career and throughout my life I have seen the coping mechanisms that my peers have.  I know of one guy that regularly hits the strip clubs, I knew one guy (we keep him at a faaaar distance) that puts his paycheck up his nose and last I heard is still a guest of a particular county in Florida.   Another guy drinks, another guy golfs, another guy does this or that.

I figure if Lego is my relaxation mechanism than that is one of the least self destructive... 

I’ve always thought that, as midlife crises go, toy collecting is relatively benign. Cheaper than a mistress or a boat, and unlikely to land me in rehab or divorce court.

On 7/16/2022 at 5:51 PM, F For Fake said:

I’ve always thought that, as midlife crises go, toy collecting is relatively benign. Cheaper than a mistress or a boat, and unlikely to land me in rehab or divorce court.

I live on the south shore of Long Island.  How I or anyone in my immediate family or within the first cousins have never owned a boat is almost unheard of. 

... especially considering my love of swimming and the ocean.

Lately though we do seem to have a lot of sharks out here. 

On 7/16/2022 at 5:54 PM, Buzzetta said:

I live on the south shore of Long Island.  How I or anyone in my immediate family or within the first cousins have never owned a boat is almost unheard of. 

I think boats are great…as long as they belong to someone else. Having family with a boat is a great time. But nearly everyone I know who actually  owned boat was driven insane.

On 7/16/2022 at 5:56 PM, F For Fake said:

I think boats are great…as long as they belong to someone else. Having family with a boat is a great time. But nearly everyone I know who actually  owned boat was driven insane.

Growing up there were enough kids I knew with boats that we were invited to have fun when we could.  It was always fun because some kids had access to boats long before they were allowed to drive.   So when there were parties at the homes that were on the canals or along the bay, you could literally walk to certain points along the parks and waterfront and someone would pick you up and cruise down the bay to go to house parties. 

I remember one guy had night vision goggles and would drop everyone off late at night. lol 

On 7/16/2022 at 4:13 PM, followtheleader said:

Battle Beasts Bandolier.

Box is rough.  Sealed and unpunched.

I like that they gave a figure with it.  

People were fighting me over this piece.

The kid on the box looks like he is going to be evil.  Like the punk from Toy Story.

Patrick

20220711_111049.jpg

20220711_111121.jpg

20220711_111128.jpg

20220711_111154.jpg

20220711_111203.jpg

Just so I know:

Was the fight to get it? Today when you found it or as a kid? Both?

A strap for grenade type figures would be a market I'm familiar with, has got to be 80's?

On 7/17/2022 at 7:54 AM, Buzzetta said:

I was reading about those yesterday. Four attacks in a week!