• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,419 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2022 at 4:36 PM, Ducky13 said:

Recently completed Optimus Prime Lego. Pretty awesome, a little awkward to "transform" but a great display for my room.

20220703_150848.jpg

Do you have a pic of it transformed?  That's pretty crazy. 

Patrick

@Namtakawesome stuff! I got out of Star Wars a long time ago (there's just too much of it for me to keep up with, so I dumped all of it) but those vintage figures are an instant blast of nostalgia. Love seeing the pics, thanks for sharing. That Vader is particularly sweet.

On 8/4/2022 at 3:24 PM, Namtak said:

20220804_145753.jpg

20220804_145806.jpg

20220804_145820.jpg

20220804_145829.jpg

20220804_145840.jpg

20220804_145851.jpg

20220804_145903.jpg

20220804_145911.jpg

20220804_145919.jpg

Dude, amazing. 

Most of them are unpunched.  Pretty sweet shape. 

The Imperial Dignitary is one of the final 17 figures.  Definitely desirable. 

There was a time where foreign carded Star Wars was a negative.  But that is definitely not true now.  

The Lumat is interesting with the Mexico verbiage on the front.  I don't recall one of my Mexico figures with that, but ours may have been released at different times.  

Patrick 

On 8/4/2022 at 9:46 PM, followtheleader said:

Dude, amazing. 

Most of them are unpunched.  Pretty sweet shape. 

The Imperial Dignitary is one of the final 17 figures.  Definitely desirable. 

There was a time where foreign carded Star Wars was a negative.  But that is definitely not true now.  

The Lumat is interesting with the Mexico verbiage on the front.  I don't recall one of my Mexico figures with that, but ours may have been released at different times.  

Patrick 

Thanks for info patrick!

On 8/1/2022 at 6:45 AM, F For Fake said:

More importantly, this weekend was the 9th Annual Kentuckiana G.I. Joe Expo. It's crazy how this show has grown from its very humble beginnings. Next year they're moving to a convention center about 15 minutes outside of town, which is a bit of a bummer, but apparently the host hotel was raising rates on them, and this new location will allow them to have everything in one big room, and allow for break-out rooms, panels, etc. I've been to the new spot for comic shows before, so I'm at least familiar with it.

At any rate, I go to this show every year with a loose plan, and this year it all worked out pretty well.

First up, I hit the $5 bins to get some loose Dreadnoks for displays, as well as a few other guys. The thing I love about a show like this is, for example, I picked out a loose Hardball from the $5 bin at one table, then went to another and found his gun and backpack for a buck each. So, $7 for a complete figure. He's not in perfect shape, but he's good enough for this display. I also had a Cobra Commander gun at home, so I found this Hooded Coco loose for $20 along with a file card they threw in for free, and now he's complete! 

I also always look for complete boxed Battle Stations and Battle field accessory sets. This year I picked up a LAW, and tracked down a really nice Hawk and Mainframe to complete the displays. As some of you may know, I like to get display the pieces with figures that correspond to the box art, as I am a super nerd.

I also wanted to round out my boxed Dreadnoks display, so I picked up a Dreadnok Cycle. Box is a little beat, but it included the instructions and catalog. I think I'll actually keep the Dreadnok Cycle I already have, as it's a little nicer, but I'm happy to have the box and inserts for my display. I was looking for an loose Zandar to display with the cycle, but couldn't find one for less than $15. I guess that's not bad for a loose complete figure these days, but 1. I don't need a complete figure for this display, I have a complete one for my collection and 2. I can remember just a short three or four years ago when you could find them in the loose bins for $2-$3, so I just can't make myself pay more than $5 for one now!

Finally, I wanted to get one large item, for sure. My #1 choice was a Tactical Battle Platform, but I didn't find one. So, my #2 choice was a Rolling Thunder, and I found a really nice one complete with decent box. I never had this one as a kid, man, it's enormous! Going to have to figure out where the hell I'm going to put it. 

So, another year, another great show. I never have enough cash to get all of the great bargains, but I was happy that I came away with one large item, one Dreadnok piece, one Battle Station, and a handful of loose figures. All in all, I'd call it a success!

IMG_7912.JPG

IMG_7913.JPG

IMG_7914.JPG

IMG_7916.JPG

IMG_7917.JPG

IMG_7918.JPG

IMG_7919.JPG

IMG_7920.JPG

IMG_7922.JPG

IMG_7923.JPG

IMG_7924.JPG

IMG_7925.JPG

IMG_7926.JPG

IMG_7927.JPG

IMG_7928.JPG

IMG_7929.JPG

Love the rolling thunder! I have one myself that is almost complete (those damn antennas!). The box is icing on the cake. I love the boxes, hard finding them in good shape without people asking a boat load for them now-a-days.

On 8/9/2022 at 4:08 PM, whisp said:

Well Storm Shadow finally arrived after waiting almost a year.  Disappointed since Amazon shipped it in a nonpadded mailer envelope and it got squashed. :(  At least they let me keep it and refunded me the full amount.

stormclaasified.jpg

stormdmg.jpg

Oh man sorry to hear that! I feel your pain (I don't open my figures so box condition is really important IMO).

On 8/9/2022 at 8:24 PM, 707comics said:

Oh man sorry to hear that! I feel your pain (I don't open my figures so box condition is really important IMO).

Yeah it was for my personal collection and was going to set up a new Storm Shadow display but it bummed me out.  Hoping to find an other one that is minty and I will open this one up.  Hopefully they make it to a local store.  

On 8/9/2022 at 6:14 PM, 707comics said:

Love the rolling thunder! I have one myself that is almost complete (those damn antennas!). The box is icing on the cake. I love the boxes, hard finding them in good shape without people asking a boat load for them now-a-days.

Yeah, boxes are getting tougher to find. 

Had the chance to buy a Cobra Bugg with the box last night.  But I passed as it's not one of my favorite vehicles.  Box was super cool though. 

Patrick

Found this at a barn sale. Original box, insides look untouched but box has cosmetic damage. This is from the 2003 movie, all the ones I’ve found are from newer movies. How would you describe the box?

image.thumb.jpg.9993711f6ac423d991530771a4a5be3f.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.9993711f6ac423d991530771a4a5be3f.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.c435ad027fd8d1420556f691e1326736.jpg

the box is good, except the top lid and the plastic .

Any thought on condition and value would be appreciated 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 8/10/2022 at 2:24 PM, shadroch said:

Found this at a barn sale. Original box, insides look untouched but box has cosmetic damage. This is from the 2003 movie, all the ones I’ve found are from newer movies. How would you describe the box?

Box is in rough shape. There are 2 versions I see: smiling and yours. I like yours if you would be willing to part with him.