• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,356 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2024 at 5:21 PM, gadzukes said:

My son has been taking his old (non valuable) GI Joes and turning them into Deadpools.  Pretty cool.

He 3D prints the swords and sheaths and theey fit perfectly into the back pegs

IMG_5692.jpeg

That's really cool. Let me know if he ever wants to sell one.

On 4/23/2024 at 8:21 PM, gadzukes said:

My son has been taking his old (non valuable) GI Joes and turning them into Deadpools.  Pretty cool.

IMG_5692.jpeg

These are amazing!! I would absolutely love one!

On 4/23/2024 at 7:21 PM, gadzukes said:

IMG_5692.jpeg

Ok I thought they were great as ❤️‍🩹 well!

Hesitated to post because all I could think of was trying to guess what the original Joe was ?  :roflmao:

I'm sure it's obvious to everyone but me, my guess is srgt slaughter cause he is the one that I think has suspenders?

There is possibly another I can think of that has a white shirt that I can picture but don't know the name of that might also be Star Wars!

Edit to say Srgt slaughter was wrestling? Joe? Both?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/24/2024 at 5:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ok I thought they were great as ❤️‍🩹 well!

Hesitated to post because all I could think of was trying to guess what the original Joe was ?  :roflmao:

I'm sure it's obvious to everyone but me, my guess is srgt slaughter cause he is the one that I think has suspenders?

There is possibly another I can think of that has a white shirt that I can picture but don't know the name of that might also be Star Wars!

Edit to say Srgt slaughter was wrestling? Joe? Both?

Yeah. Sgt Slaughter was a WWF wrestler and then became a GI Joe. I would think a Cobra Crimson Guard would be a good starting point but I lost track of the Joes after around 1986ish. I know it's not version one but maybe a later version or some other red Cobra guy? Usually it takes a kit bash as well as some putty and sculpting.

On 4/24/2024 at 7:11 PM, gadzukes said:

My son told me he made a mold from the GI Joe called "WetSuit".  He did injection molding using red plastic so he wouldn't have to paint any red.

Well Done! :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/24/2024 at 8:13 PM, gadzukes said:

He's been making these Indiana Jones figures too

9CF5339B-77F5-4F04-8CEB-C08E82030D08.jpeg

This is very good. MUCH better than what I see on some action figure websites. I betcha this and his Deadpool figure would go over very well on that HissTank website, for example.

Edited by Dave2739
Poor typing due to too many drinks.

Yeah, those are terrific, much better than most "custom" figures you see out there, they look like an authentic product. 

On 4/23/2024 at 8:21 PM, gadzukes said:

My son made a mold from an old GI Joe figure and is doing injection molds using red plastic and then turning them into Deadpools.  Pretty cool.

He 3D prints the swords and sheaths and they fit perfectly into the back pegs and then paints the final details.

If anyone is interested check him out on instagram at Restoration_procrastination

IMG_5692.jpeg

Wow, amazing work! If he's ever selling, I'm buying one.

On 4/24/2024 at 5:11 PM, gadzukes said:

My son told me he made a mold from the GI Joe called "WetSuit".  He did injection molding using red plastic so he wouldn't have to paint any red.

Any chance you/him would share a pic of his mold?  Steel???  Rubber (how does it withstand the pressure)??  Doing injection molding in a home shop seems nuts...

On 4/25/2024 at 2:31 PM, Yorick said:

Any chance you/him would share a pic of his mold?  Steel???  Rubber (how does it withstand the pressure)??  Doing injection molding in a home shop seems nuts...

I was wrong.... it's not injection.  It's a Rubber mold with an A B poured plastic mixture put in a pressure pot to remove bubbles as the plastic cures.

On 4/25/2024 at 12:42 PM, gadzukes said:

I was wrong.... it's not injection.  It's a Rubber mold with an A B poured plastic mixture put in a pressure pot to remove bubbles as the plastic cures.

I'm very impressed with his rivets.  Well, everything actually.  These look terrific.  I can't do those small eyes on certain characters, so I ended up printing on water decal paper for a transfer.

On 4/25/2024 at 3:46 PM, Yorick said:

I'm very impressed with his rivets.  Well, everything actually.  These look terrific.  I can't do those small eyes on certain characters, so I ended up printing on water decal paper for a transfer.

My son is super detail oriented.  As a kid he spent hours making legos and meticulously taking apart his GI Joes and putting them back together.  It's why he is a good visual effects creator.  He can spend hours focused in on somthing like it's nothing.

On 4/25/2024 at 12:50 PM, gadzukes said:

It's why he is a good visual effects creator.

That'd be a sweet job.  Is the company hiring?  :takeit: