• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2022 at 4:46 PM, F For Fake said:

Now, the vintage stuff! This weekend was the local GI Joe Winter Fest. This was the second annual go round for this relatively new addition to the Kentuckiana GI Joe festival, and is 1/3 the size of the big one in the summer. Still, well worth attending.

My goals for the show were.

1. Battle Stations/Battlefield accessory sets with boxes, as I'm slowly chipping away at getting all of these, to be displayed with the figures on the corresponding artwork

2. cheap 90's guys, as I'm getting more into that stuff

3. something weird.

Unfortunately there wasn't much in the way of "weird" stuff. I did get these three sets of Lazer Blazer stickers, which take me waaaaaay back. I missed out on some vintage mylar balloons, and passed on some cereal cards. There WAS an inflatable tent, but while I think it definitely fit the "weird' part, I don't know where the hell I'd put it.

As for cheap 90's guys, I did ok. Got nearly all of these for about $20 each, which I think is as close to a deal as you're going to get these days. The earlier 90's stuff has been popping in recent months, maybe it'll eventually hit the latter day Star Brigade/Ninja Force, etc. If not, well, they sure are colorful!

And I also picked up three more boxed complete battle stations. Boxes are a little rough, but for my needs and the price, they'll more than suffice.

It wouldn't feel right to leave without a couple of loose guys, so I manage to find a sweet Destro with great paint, and Repeater. The Destro had the backpack but no gun, but that's ok, as he's going in a display. Repeater was cheap and was one of my favorites as a kid, as I loved his gun. It was the closest the Joe line got to resembling something from Aliens and the smart gun. As a childhood Aliens/Joe obsessive, he was tops with me! I remember my dear dad driving me to every Target in town trying to find him. $15 for that little nostalgia blast now seems like a bargain!

Finally, I'd been looking for these Revell Joe models for a while. They're not very expensive, but are uncommon, at least in my travels. The Vamp with complete sealed contents was a good deal. Now I need the RAM and the Mobat. I don't think the Sky Striker or Dragonfly they planned ever made it into production.

As always, tons of stuff, never enough money, and now it's time to save up for the summer fest!

IMG_4174.JPG

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4180.JPG

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

IMG_4184.JPG

IMG_4185.JPG

IMG_4186.JPG

IMG_4187.JPG

Vintage toys suck so bad. 

You picked up a couple I've been searching for lately: Cobra Bunker and Repeater.   Congrats on the pick-ups. 

I've been frustrated with trying to find stuff lately.  It's been really difficult. 

Patrick

Prices on Joe stuff is going up and people are hoarding it.  I've been trying to do some trades as of late and all people do is try and pillage all my good stuff and then offer up garbage.  Multiple people on Kijiji trying to scam me as well as of late on my complete figures listing and seems to be getting worse.

Oh well Ill just keep it in storage.  That is just some of the stuff

gear1edit.jpg

gear2.jpg

gear3.jpg

bfinished.jpg

Edited by whisp

On 1/17/2022 at 6:46 PM, F For Fake said:

Now, the vintage stuff! This weekend was the local GI Joe Winter Fest. This was the second annual go round for this relatively new addition to the Kentuckiana GI Joe festival, and is 1/3 the size of the big one in the summer. Still, well worth attending.

My goals for the show were.

1. Battle Stations/Battlefield accessory sets with boxes, as I'm slowly chipping away at getting all of these, to be displayed with the figures on the corresponding artwork

2. cheap 90's guys, as I'm getting more into that stuff

3. something weird.

Unfortunately there wasn't much in the way of "weird" stuff. I did get these three sets of Lazer Blazer stickers, which take me waaaaaay back. I missed out on some vintage mylar balloons, and passed on some cereal cards. There WAS an inflatable tent, but while I think it definitely fit the "weird' part, I don't know where the hell I'd put it.

As for cheap 90's guys, I did ok. Got nearly all of these for about $20 each, which I think is as close to a deal as you're going to get these days. The earlier 90's stuff has been popping in recent months, maybe it'll eventually hit the latter day Star Brigade/Ninja Force, etc. If not, well, they sure are colorful!

And I also picked up three more boxed complete battle stations. Boxes are a little rough, but for my needs and the price, they'll more than suffice.

It wouldn't feel right to leave without a couple of loose guys, so I manage to find a sweet Destro with great paint, and Repeater. The Destro had the backpack but no gun, but that's ok, as he's going in a display. Repeater was cheap and was one of my favorites as a kid, as I loved his gun. It was the closest the Joe line got to resembling something from Aliens and the smart gun. As a childhood Aliens/Joe obsessive, he was tops with me! I remember my dear dad driving me to every Target in town trying to find him. $15 for that little nostalgia blast now seems like a bargain!

Finally, I'd been looking for these Revell Joe models for a while. They're not very expensive, but are uncommon, at least in my travels. The Vamp with complete sealed contents was a good deal. Now I need the RAM and the Mobat. I don't think the Sky Striker or Dragonfly they planned ever made it into production.

As always, tons of stuff, never enough money, and now it's time to save up for the summer fest!

IMG_4174.JPG

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4180.JPG

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

IMG_4184.JPG

IMG_4185.JPG

IMG_4186.JPG

IMG_4187.JPG

Nice stuff.  I still need one shell for my mountain howitzer.  Just waiting to find a broken one with a  spare shell.  The Revell model is something I am always looking for but yet to find.

My preorder for Storm Shadow has been pushed back from July to August from the Hasbro seller on Amazon.ca.  Huge disappointment there and I have no clue if I will even get one now and I ain't paying no scalper reseller price.  Canada really gets screwed on getting these classified figures and all we get is the garbage ones.  Hasbro business sense on this classified joe stuff has been in the toilets as far as I am concerned and not really impressed with how everything is a bloody exclusive.

Edited by whisp

On 1/17/2022 at 9:49 PM, followtheleader said:

Vintage toys suck so bad. 

You picked up a couple I've been searching for lately: Cobra Bunker and Repeater.   Congrats on the pick-ups. 

I've been frustrated with trying to find stuff lately.  It's been really difficult. 

Patrick

Thanks Patrick! I found a complete bunker in a box of random toys at an estate sale about three years ago. Got the whole box for $5, ended up making about $300 off of the stuff inside. I'd held onto the Cobra Bunker as I always liked it, but decided to sell it a couple of months ago as I was really wanting one with the box, and a search for a box minus the bunker wasn't getting anywhere. So, that was the first thing I bought at the show this weekend!  I know what you mean about finding stuff, it is usually feast or famine. With Joes I usually hold off until the local GIJoe fest shows, because there's always so much stuff there, so it's fun to save up and see what kind of random stuff I can find. We have a few local toy shops that are hit or miss for vintage, you never know what you may find. But the hunt is still fun!

On 1/15/2022 at 9:15 PM, B2D327 said:

A couple that showed up this week. Man, the Abomination figure has some weight to it.

231D0F82-8CB1-4D87-B830-0BDD2867D993.jpeg

Who made that Mark IV?  Is it ZDToys?  I've heard decent things about their Iron Man MCU figures.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:27 PM, whisp said:

Nice stuff.  I still need one shell for my mountain howitzer.  Just waiting to find a broken one with a  spare shell.  The Revell model is something I am always looking for but yet to find.

My preorder for Storm Shadow has been pushed back from July to August from the Hasbro seller on Amazon.ca.  Huge disappointment there and I have no clue if I will even get one now and I ain't paying no scalper reseller price.  Canada really gets screwed on getting these classified figures and all we get is the garbage ones.  Hasbro business sense on this classified joe stuff has been in the toilets as far as I am concerned and not really impressed with how everything is a bloody exclusive.

Thanks! If you still need a shell, let me know this summer (I'm sure we'll both forget by then, ha) as there are a couple of dealers that have tons of parts for sale, and one guy has individual bins dedicated to each of these battle stations/battlefield accessory sets. Just tons and tons of parts, but it's group by set, so it's much easier to dig through. Missiles, shells, that sort of stuff is usually easy to find there. Happy to grab one for you if you still need it by then.

I think my Storm Shadow is still showing "July 2022" at BBTS, so who knows when they'll show up. I'm not really in a hurry, as long as I get all of the stuff eventually. I had sworn off of Classified as I'd missed out on all of the Target exclusives, which put me off of it. Then this summer they got them back in stock, and I also like the newer sculpts much better, so I am back onboard. It took some time, but I managed to find everything at retail price, or less, except for the Amazon Storm Shadow. That's the only one I haven't tracked down, and I don't feel like paying $$$ for it, as it's not a design I really care for.

On 1/18/2022 at 10:07 AM, F For Fake said:

Thanks! If you still need a shell, let me know this summer (I'm sure we'll both forget by then, ha) as there are a couple of dealers that have tons of parts for sale, and one guy has individual bins dedicated to each of these battle stations/battlefield accessory sets. Just tons and tons of parts, but it's group by set, so it's much easier to dig through. Missiles, shells, that sort of stuff is usually easy to find there. Happy to grab one for you if you still need it by then.

I think my Storm Shadow is still showing "July 2022" at BBTS, so who knows when they'll show up. I'm not really in a hurry, as long as I get all of the stuff eventually. I had sworn off of Classified as I'd missed out on all of the Target exclusives, which put me off of it. Then this summer they got them back in stock, and I also like the newer sculpts much better, so I am back onboard. It took some time, but I managed to find everything at retail price, or less, except for the Amazon Storm Shadow. That's the only one I haven't tracked down, and I don't feel like paying $$$ for it, as it's not a design I really care for.

Yeah I got emailed about a week ago stating pushed back.  If you ever see the crimson mms computer stand from the sears exclusive let me know.  I have a written want list but at this time and I have only had 6 work shifts in 2 and half years because of covid so been living month to month off my credit card and pretty picky what I buy so haven't been able to really buy anything for my collection.  Latest stuff I got was just xmas gifts I bought myself to have some kind of xmas.

arrivingstormy.jpg

Edited by whisp

On 1/18/2022 at 10:04 AM, fantastic_four said:

Who made that Mark IV?  Is it ZDToys?  I've heard decent things about their Iron Man MCU figures.

Yes, it’s this one here. Really nice quality and packaging/presentation. Perfect scale for the other figures I’ve been adding to the collection.

2D2973EF-8976-459C-9148-3E1269DC6251.jpeg

On 1/18/2022 at 3:07 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Hello, does anyone on the boards know of someone that does custom paint on statues? Some of them come with really busted grills. TYIA.

Not certain, but @nearmintis a resident statue guru, perhaps he'd have some leads?

On 1/18/2022 at 12:07 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Hello, does anyone on the boards know of someone that does custom paint on statues? Some of them come with really busted grills. TYIA.

I've used this guy a few times.  He does great work: https://www.facebook.com/john.allred.7

On 1/18/2022 at 6:09 PM, D84 said:

20220118_123810.thumb.jpg.60224a7e51027e2a6ba5a8d473d17bc7.jpg

That is DEFINITELY a McFarlane Batman made by McFarlane toys.   I have not seen this.  Is there even a figure in there or is it a block sculpted with the cape?   That's pretty cool. 

On 1/18/2022 at 5:31 PM, Buzzetta said:

That is DEFINITELY a McFarlane Batman made by McFarlane toys.   I have not seen this.  Is there even a figure in there or is it a block sculpted with the cape?   That's pretty cool. 

There is a figure. You can take the plastic cape off and put on the cloth one.

On 1/18/2022 at 6:31 PM, Buzzetta said:

It was a Target exclusive released late last year for $50.  This is it:

https://www.target.com/p/dc-designer-edition-batman-year-two-nycc/-/A-83727503

It also comes with a second cloth cape for more dynamic posing if you don't want to use the huge flowing one.  I came close to getting this, but I didn't want to dedicate the space, plus I'm not a fan of this ultra-light colored version of Batman.

GUEST_c54dba78-1a89-4741-aa02-fdda2ed0b5

On 1/18/2022 at 7:39 PM, fantastic_four said:

It was a Target exclusive released late last year for $50.  This is it:

https://www.target.com/p/dc-designer-edition-batman-year-two-nycc/-/A-83727503

It also comes with a second cloth cape for more dynamic posing if you don't want to use the huge flowing one.  I came close to getting this, but I didn't want to dedicate the space, plus I'm not a fan of this ultra-light colored version of Batman.

GUEST_c54dba78-1a89-4741-aa02-fdda2ed0b5

I agree with your thoughts on the color.  I am guessing it is the McFarlane design itself which I would think should be darker given the cover of issue 423. 

That flowing cape though...wow.  I'm sure I wouldn't regret having bought it had I pulled the trigger; it looks amazing however it's colored.  Never seen anything like it, particularly with an action figure.  I watched several reviews of it just to see how that cape works, and it looks VERY well-designed.

On 1/18/2022 at 6:47 PM, Buzzetta said:

I agree with your thoughts on the color.  I am guessing it is the McFarlane design itself which I would think should be darker given the cover of issue 423. 

It's based on Batman: Year Two. I'm pretty sure that was his first Batman work.