• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

Zoinks!  I had no idea Wonder Bread He-man was pulling this much cheddar.

And I thought mine was not in the greatest of shape.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294635672604?hash=item4499a7941c%3Ag%3Axb8AAOSwYvhhuRbw&nma=true&si=omS5WzZLS11wRGaEvgmJMOpbLdI%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Patrick

On 1/9/2022 at 4:38 PM, followtheleader said:

Zoinks!  I had no idea Wonder Bread He-man was pulling this much cheddar.

And I thought mine was not in the greatest of shape.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294635672604?hash=item4499a7941c%3Ag%3Axb8AAOSwYvhhuRbw&nma=true&si=omS5WzZLS11wRGaEvgmJMOpbLdI%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Patrick

Is that Wonder Bread oozing from his neck??

On 1/9/2022 at 5:53 PM, 707comics said:

Is that Wonder Bread oozing from his neck??

That part has me suspicious.  Looks melted. 

The real one (as far as we know) does have quite a gap between the head and torso.  But nothing like that. 

Patrick

On 1/7/2022 at 6:15 PM, followtheleader said:

Admittedly, one of least favorite of the 1st series Headmasters.  

He is very tough in high grade.  Discoloration and the roof with scratching are rampant.  

Patrick

20211212_115141.jpg

20211212_115123.jpg

It's funny, I wasn't a fan of the toy as a kid, mostly due to the weird color scheme. But as an adult fan of the phase 2 IDW comics, I came to really love the character. I only have the recent walmart retro release, but one day may try to track down an original. This looks like a sweet piece, very clean!

On 1/10/2022 at 7:00 AM, F For Fake said:

It's funny, I wasn't a fan of the toy as a kid, mostly due to the weird color scheme. But as an adult fan of the phase 2 IDW comics, I came to really love the character. I only have the recent walmart retro release, but one day may try to track down an original. This looks like a sweet piece, very clean!

I'm curious, what is different between the Retro release and the vintage?  

I'm finding I enjoy collecting pieces that are tough to find because of condition factors. 

Patrick 

On 1/10/2022 at 10:56 AM, followtheleader said:

I'm curious, what is different between the Retro release and the vintage?  

I'm finding I enjoy collecting pieces that are tough to find because of condition factors. 

Patrick 

Yes, the older I get, the more particular I have become. I fear I'm developing a thing for WHITE boxes, which can make things very tough!

The recent Walmart retro release of Chromedome (And Brainstorm, Hardhead, and all the rest) is a redeco of the Titans Return figure, but the colors are a closer match to the vintage G1 toy, and the face is a bit different as well.

The Walmart Headmaster retro releases are curious in that while they do use the recreated vintage G1 box art and design (similar to what Walmart did with Starscream, Soundwave, Hot Rod, etc.) the toys themselves are all reuses of relatively modern molds, from Titans Return/etc. It's an odd choice, maybe the vintage Headmaster molds are destroyed? I'm not sure.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:26 AM, F For Fake said:

A couple of fun new TF arrived at the house this weekend. The "Rainmakers" seekers three pack used to clog shelves, so I wasn't in any hurry. Then it "sold out", and prices started to climb. Then, as things do these days, it came back into stock, so I was tempted to buy. I had a little bit left on an Amazon gift card that my boss gave me, so I went ahead and grabbed these at a good price. Now I need the Toyhax kits to mod them. No big hurry there, though.

For my birthday this weekend, my family got me the Ark! I can't believe this thing exists, I wanted this SO badly when I was a kid. My favorite part is probably the "Mainframe" robot that transforms into Teletraan-1, complete with Spy Eye! Too cool. This thing will likely stay in alt mode, as I really don't care about the robot. I just wanted this horking huge Autobot ship! Comes with teeeeeeeeny tiny Optimus Prime and hologlobe accessories which were made to be lost. Seriously, if down the road people are still collecting Transformers, these are the two pieces that are always going to be missing. I put them in their bag and sealed them up, I'll not be losing mine.

The blast effects are the same ones we've seen before, in a different color. They don't peg in very well with the ports on the Ark, but I got them to stick long enough for the picture. I'm hoping someone makes a flight stand for this thing at some point, if they haven't already. I think I'll display the Teletraan-I with core figures, as it doesn't scale as well with the Generations/Legends stuff.

IMG_4078.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4080.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

IMG_4084.JPG

IMG_4074.JPG

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4076.JPG

Friendly warning in case you've missed it for the blast effects. Some of them have been known to strip paint from the figures, so be a bit careful with them. It's only certain ones though. 

On 1/13/2022 at 8:45 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Friendly warning in case you've missed it for the blast effects. Some of them have been known to strip paint from the figures, so be a bit careful with them. It's only certain ones though. 

Thanks, much appreciated! Actually, I’m so paranoid about losing them, I usually don’t even display them. If these blue ones fit better I might have tried it, but I’ve already put them back in the box!

On 1/14/2022 at 11:52 AM, F For Fake said:

Thanks, much appreciated! Actually, I’m so paranoid about losing them, I usually don’t even display them. If these blue ones fit better I might have tried it, but I’ve already put them back in the box!

Well that works out well then! I'd never used them either, as I just didn't like the look of them, but saw all the reports and photos from others, and have since just left them well alone. 

On 1/13/2022 at 11:36 PM, whisp said:

I don't know if I ever showed this.  Due to my past I lost all my toys except 2 items which I am guessing about 20 years ago when at one point my adoptive family actually talked to me and brought me the items.  One being a C64 computer which the motherboard fried on so I sold it off for parts.  The second item was a 200 in 1 electronics kit.  I ended up taping it up and putting it in a storage bin back then but lately I was going thru all my stuff since been doing some electronic amp building and such and was like oh yeah I have this.  This is the only actual item left from my childhood.  I have been going thru it and testing all the components and so far everything is working.  Even have the original earpiece, bunch of the wires and the manual which is missing a couple pages.  $59.99 cdn price tag on it which back then isn't cheap for a toy.  So yep only actual piece of my childhood left since lost all my Joes, Transformers, go bots and such even though I have rebuilt that collection but the ones I have now are not my originals.

electronicskit.jpg

Love this post - I had this !!!  Nice memories ;)