• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

Also, I got some Toyhax/reprolabels stickers for the Siege Starscream and Origins Bumblebee. My plan is to eventually get all of the Seekers and use these kits to upgrade them more fully into their Cybertron Tetrajets form. It'll take a while to get them all, but this is a nice start. I think the pieces are a definite enhancement for Screamer, looks very snazzy. Before and after pics here.

IMG_3899.JPG

IMG_3918.JPG

Oh, and finally, I'm not usually one to speculate on new figures, but Miles seems like money in the bank these days, including with Marvel Legends. Gamestop had a sale a week or two ago, so these came out to under $20 a pop. Seemed like a good buy. Now they go into storage where I will forget I own them, and it'll be a nice surprise in a few years, at which point I will hopefully trade them in and use the proceeds to retire early! 

IMG_3867.JPG

On 1/4/2022 at 7:48 AM, F For Fake said:

Also landed a Baroness to go with the backpack and rifle I already owned. I'd been looking for a decent figure for a while now, and last week found this one at the toy mall. Nice emblem, nice joints. Left arm a little loose, but nothing I can't live with. I'm scared to put the gun in her hands, so she'll just do monitor duty at the Terror Drome for now.

IMG_3893.JPG

IMG_3892.JPG

Congrats,  Baroness is a great character.

Pretty much  goes with any playset.

Admittedly, she does have a Harry Potter esque face.

Patrick

On 1/4/2022 at 9:46 AM, F For Fake said:

Went down a nostalgia hole a couple of weeks ago, picked up several Toy Biz X-men on the cheap. Sure, Marvel Legends wear the crown for sculpt and articulation, but toys, for me, are mostly a nostalgia exercise, and that's where these hit for me. Was trying to finish up the Starjammers, Imperial Guard and Mojoverse. Still have a ways to go, but I don't like to pay much for these, so I will be patient. These were all bargain fodder for so long, it's getting harder to find nice carded examples of this line, at least for what I want to pay for them (under $10).

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3864.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3861.JPG

That warstar was one of my favorite:xit reminds me of finding one!

On 1/4/2022 at 11:43 AM, followtheleader said:

Congrats,  Baroness is a great character.

Pretty much  goes with any playset.

Admittedly, she does have a Harry Potter esque face.

Patrick

The Harry Potter comment made me snort out loud at my desk. Yes, to be sure, the toy presents her as a...HANDSOME woman.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:17 PM, Namtak said:

That warstar was one of my favorite:xit reminds me of finding one!

Yes! It's a great sculpt and lovely paint job, simple as it is. Toy Biz was really starting to figure things out around this time, there are still some figures that hold up very nicely.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:18 PM, fantastic_four said:

I've bought some of the TMNT stuff for my kids.  Unfortunately their plastic is a bit brittle compared to Hasbro's and they've broken a lot of it, particularly the accessories.

I also liked to give my son cool toys when he was young. 

As a toy collector I couldn't help myself when it came to trying to keep the stuff together. 

I did my best to just let him play with it and break it but I admit I took the back seat out of my car once when he dropped Spider Man's head and it went into a black hole.  Only by removing the seat could I recover it.

They're very good figures, those McFarlane Mortal Kombats. Admittedly Scorpion does have issues with getting his swords to stay on his belt, but it can be done. I just don't get why they're all MK11 figures, but they use the MK9 logo. So strange. 

On 1/4/2022 at 9:52 AM, F For Fake said:

Oh, and finally, I'm not usually one to speculate on new figures, but Miles seems like money in the bank these days, including with Marvel Legends. Gamestop had a sale a week or two ago, so these came out to under $20 a pop. Seemed like a good buy. Now they go into storage where I will forget I own them, and it'll be a nice surprise in a few years, at which point I will hopefully trade them in and use the proceeds to retire early! 

IMG_3867.JPG

Should be able to flip for 4x to 8x what you paid in a year or two.  Legends released a Spider-Man figure from the first PS4 game in 2019 that goes for $100 to $120 now.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:09 AM, fantastic_four said:

Should be able to flip for 4x to 8x what you paid in a year or two.  Legends released a Spider-Man figure from the first PS4 game in 2019 that goes for $100 to $120 now.

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking/hoping. My first indicator was that the figure seemed to keep selling out at the major retailers whenever it went up online, and is already selling above retail, like $30-$35 pretty consistently. Seemed like a decent chance to take!

On 1/4/2022 at 4:53 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Just swooped this bad boy over the holidays, thinking of adding in the sound kit for that real steam train effect. The details are amazing in a pint size. :cloud9:

B5320A3E-7767-4C9E-ABFA-5E1BA5255E6B.jpeg

54D45DC2-2216-4FA1-BBD9-7AE6DF647A0F.jpeg

5D2F2903-8C84-4A62-A950-4940DD5E9A54.jpeg

I think trains are so cool, but have stayed away. The local toy mall I often refer to has one large room entirely dedicated to model railroad, several people have their trains set up there. I think it's very cool, but the last thing I need is a new hobby. So, I get to enjoy the stuff other folks pick up, like you!

On 1/5/2022 at 8:26 AM, F For Fake said:

My first indicator was that the figure seemed to keep selling out at the major retailers whenever it went up online, and is already selling above retail, like $30-$35 pretty consistently.

Do you mean on eBay?  I think of that as the baseline price for figures sold there since the fees and shipping are so expensive now.  Any less than $30 to $35 and you're selling either at a loss or a profit so low it wasn't worth the time.  I don't look at selling there as profitable or worth the time until you get above $40, and I target above $60 when I buy to re-sell.  All of the most popular stuff will usually go for $60 or more in a few months or years after release.

I'm full up on stuff to flip until I sell some, but you picked well because if I was actively selling I would've grabbed extra Miles figures too.  I go 6+ months at a time being lazy about listing stuff, and one of my new year's resolutions is to list at least one item for sale per week this year.  Not going to think about buying for re-sale again until I sell a few dozen figures.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 1/5/2022 at 8:30 AM, fantastic_four said:

Do you mean on eBay?  I think of that as the baseline price for figures sold there since the fees and shipping are so expensive now.  Any less than $30 to $35 and you're selling either at a loss or a profit so low it wasn't worth the time.  I don't look at selling there as profitable or worth the time until you get above $40, and I target above $60 when I buy to re-sell.  All of the most popular stuff will usually go for $60 or more in a few months or years after release.

I'm full up on stuff to flip until I sell some, but you picked well because if I was actively selling I would've grabbed extra Miles figures too.  I go 6+ months at a time being lazy about listing stuff, and one of my new year's resolutions is to list at least one item for sale per week this year.  Not going to think about buying for re-sale again until I sell a few dozen figures.

Right, on eBay. I wouldn't sell at that price, but the fact that he's already moving above retail this soon seemed like a good indicator, when so many new ML's sit at retail or below for the first several months, if not year or more. Since he keeps selling out on Pulse, Target, Amazon, etc, it seemed like a good sign that folks would want him down the line. So, while Gamestop was running their sale, I grabbed those three to put away for a rainy day. I wouldn't sell until the prices are much higher, but it appears to be trending in the right direction. Give it a year or two, who knows? I am kicking myself for passing on the Spider-Verse wave when it came out, as the Miles in that wave seems to be doing great.

To be fair, I'm not usually a speculator on toys, I usually just buy what I want for myself. But in this instance, it seemed like a good move for the future.

On 1/5/2022 at 5:28 AM, F For Fake said:

I think trains are so cool, but have stayed away. The local toy mall I often refer to has one large room entirely dedicated to model railroad, several people have their trains set up there. I think it's very cool, but the last thing I need is a new hobby. So, I get to enjoy the stuff other folks pick up, like you!

I have a 3 year old following in my footsteps, so I aim to please, a train lover finally :banana:

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW